Pep Guardiola To Manage Manchester City

Darogba

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need Pep at this point in time we need someone with experience of building teams with good man management to help us improve from a bad situation.

He has only managed teams with a good array of players. The Chelsea job would chew him up and spit him back out, no shits given.

People seem oblivious to the fact pep needs money. If he's not working with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi it's Robben, Ribery and Lewandowski.

If pep walked into tomorrow, are football would not become fantastic.

I highly doubt that he's coming here. Even if he did, I doubt he would have the effect that a lot of people are expecting.

From this article: https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articles/the-devils-party-part-2/

When Barca were trying to choose between Pep and Jose:

...the club had set out nine criteria by which prospective candidates were judged:
1. Respect for the sports-management model and the role of the technical director
2. Playing style
3. Promoting the right values in the first team and paying special attention to the development of young talent
4. Training and performance
5. Proactive management of the dressing-room
6. Other responsibilities with, and commitment to, the club, including maintaining a conservative profile and avoiding overuse of the media
7. Experience as a player and a coach at the highest level
8. Support for the good governance of the club
9. Knowledge of the Spanish league, the club and European competition.
I don't think we have anything like this at our club, which is why things seem a bit haphazard some times.
This also suggests that Pep merely facilitated the ethos of the club down to the pitch, and he's done the same at Bayern. He didn't create Barca, which is what people seem to want him to do here. The identity comes from the board down.

I highly doubt that he's coming here. Even if he did, I doubt he would have the effect that a lot of people are expecting.

From this article: https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articles/the-devils-party-part-2/

When Barca were trying to choose between Pep and Jose:

...the club had set out nine criteria by which prospective candidates were judged:

1. Respect for the sports-management model and the role of the technical director

2. Playing style

3. Promoting the right values in the first team and paying special attention to the development of young talent

4. Training and performance

5. Proactive management of the dressing-room

6. Other responsibilities with, and commitment to, the club, including maintaining a conservative profile and avoiding overuse of the media

7. Experience as a player and a coach at the highest level

8. Support for the good governance of the club

9. Knowledge of the Spanish league, the club and European competition.

I don't think we have anything like this at our club, which is why things seem a bit haphazard some times.

This also suggests that Pep merely facilitated the ethos of the club down to the pitch, and he's done the same at Bayern. He didn't create Barca, which is what people seem to want him to do here. The identity comes from the board down.

Mate....that is a perfect post. That sums up the superficiality of the 'get Pep' argument.

We aren't Barcelona. We aren't Bayern. We aren't even Man City. We have no values as a club, we have no ethos, we have no identity.

We need that first and then we need a manager that fits, not the other way around.

Mate....that is a perfect post. That sums up the superficiality of the 'get Pep' argument.

We aren't Barcelona. We aren't Bayern. We aren't even Man City. We have no values as a club, we have no ethos, we have no identity.

We need that first and then we need a manager that fits, not the other way around.

Look at who are making decisions at those clubs, then look at us. No football people on the board. If we don't get Pep, we may as well get De Boer but his name doesn't seem to show up.

Didn't stop Bayern from going for Pep. They had just won the Treble

Jupp Heynckes retired after winning the treble so they hired a replacement. If city win the league they would have to fire their title winning manager without even a bad spell.

Jupp Heynckes retired after winning the treble so they hired a replacement. If city win the league they would have to fire their title winning manager without even a bad spell.

He may well have retired, but the Pep announcement came half way through the season when they were cruising as usual. I don't recall him saying he was going to retire before Pep was announced. I may be wrong, but I don't remember it that way.

Heynckes retired because Bayern Munich announced the Guardiola deal half way through their treble winning season

Apparently Heynckes would have preferred to coach Bayern Munich for another season but the decision was out of his hands

Why Simeone? I like him as a manager, but he isnt exactly attacking type.

One of the major things that bothered 90% of this forum was that Mourinho was too defensive and gave no freedom to players now you all want Simeone?

Grass is always greener just get new coach for the sake right?

Regarding the topic in ideal world I would take Ancelotti as first choice then Pep or Klopp.

One of the major things that bothered 90% of this forum was that Mourinho was too defensive and gave no freedom to players now you all want Simeone?

Regarding the topic in ideal world I would take Ancelotti as first choice then Pep or Klopp.

Have you seen Atleti? Play. It's beautiful high pressing football. Sometimes. They can do it all, dominate posessions, hit teams on the counter, defend, press. Simeone would turn us to the Chelsea of old. And give the team a backbone.

Have you seen Atleti? Play. It's beautiful high pressing football. Sometimes. They can do it all, dominate posessions, hit teams on the counter, defend, press. Simeone would turn us to the Chelsea of old. And give the team a backbone.

I have seen them plenty of times. Still they defend alot and have periods when they rely on Griezmann and their CBs to score goals. There was period when they couldnt score goals from open play..

And keep in mind, even by bringing one or two players, Simeone will have completely different team here. Now for Atleti players its different, they love their team and will fight to the end. Cant say the same for Chelsea. Maybe this team was more build to play fluid attacking football rather than just pressing with counter.

I want Simeone 'cos he's a winner. Couldn't give less of a shit about tippy tappy football anyway, I think it's pedantic and whenever I think of the idea I think of Willian, Oscar and Hazard all tapping it around the box because they don't want t take responsibility and shoot.

I prefer counter attacking and Simeone suits me down to the ground. Plus he would like to come here, no hassle bribing Pep...

And I want passion. Can't really see Pep putting that in to be honest, he'd only come here for the money.

I want Simeone 'cos he's a winner. Couldn't give less of a shit about tippy tappy football anyway, I think it's pedantic and whenever I think of the idea I think of Willian, Oscar and Hazard all tapping it around the box because they don't want t take responsibility and shoot.

I prefer counter attacking and Simeone suits me down to the ground. Plus he would like to come here, no hassle bribing Pep...

And I want passion. Can't really see Pep putting that in to be honest, he'd only come here for the money.

Mou was a winner too. He put that ahead of anything. He would play the worst style of football to get a result.

Yet it didnt work. Im for a change. We have a good team with 1-3 new players added and we could play some realy nice football. I dont care about tiki taka, I want us to play nice fluid football with good pressing. Bvb 2013 as example.

Not to mention we dont have a team that would fit Simeone. Too many flash players and too little hard workers. Mou couldnt get this team work, dont think Simeone will.

He is realy good coach, but I want us to try something new. Play football for a change.