Ola Aina

Spike

26 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

What's the situation with this guy? He's a huge talent. Call me crazy but I'd give him a chance in the first team next season with Azpi on LB, similar like Fosu-Mensah in United.

All I know his contract near up and there's no talk of him getting a new deal atm 

On 24/04/2016 at 6:29 PM, the wes said:

All I know his contract near up and there's no talk of him getting a new deal atm 

I wish its actually the kid who has told the board to shove the contract up their asses. It would be nice to know that their are still talented kids out their who can stand up for themselves, believe in themselves rather than getting sucked up in our useless loan system. 

3 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

I wish its actually the kid who has told the board to shove the contract up their asses. It would be nice to know that their are still talented kids out their who can stand up for themselves, believe in themselves rather than getting sucked up in our useless loan system. 

Like Frank Nouble? He rejected professional deal from Chelsea and signed for West Ham, because there he "would get more chances". Now he's playing in China. Grass is not always greener away from Chelsea.

1 minute ago, pHaRaOn said:

Like Frank Nouble? He rejected professional deal from Chelsea and signed for West Ham, because there he "would get more chances". Now he's playing in China. Grass is not always greener away from Chelsea.

Atleast he is settled somewhere. I would take settling in china playing for one team rather than playing merry-go-round with my career in the chelsea loan system. Netherlands one year, Championship the other, Serie A the next etc etc.

For every one Frank Nouble, we have a Chalobah, a mceachran, a Kakuta, and literally 100s more of these kids who had so much talent. Sad to see it all go waste.

4 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Back then it probably wasn't a good thing to do, but now the situation is much more different. So much is invested in academies now that these players are walking cash cows, especially the longer the stay at an academy. Our ex-players are settled at the clubs they've moved on to, but not before they wasted loads of time on meaningless loans in the Netherlands or Championship, etc. 

23 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Atleast he is settled somewhere. I would take settling in china playing for one team rather than playing merry-go-round with my career in the chelsea loan system. Netherlands one year, Championship the other, Serie A the next etc etc.

For every one Frank Nouble, we have a Chalobah, a mceachran, a Kakuta, and literally 100s more of these kids who had so much talent. Sad to see it all go waste.

Those guys failed to make it because they are not good enough. That is the long and the short of it. What's more that was clear from the off.

Gael, for example, has wonderful touch and dribbling skills but that, in itself, is not enough. I wrote him off as a Chelsea player less than twenty minutes after kick-off of the first under 18s game I ever saw him play. (Vs Cardiff at Stamford bridge.)

When Jose made his ill-advised attempt to bolster Nate's confidence by pretty much promising the lad a place in the squad after one more spell on loan, I predicted that TSO would never be able to make good on that promise. That was because Nate simply is not good enough to earn that place and I knew it because I had seen him play for the 18s & 21s then watched him play for Watford.

It's easy for people to get carried away by young players but just hoping they are better than they are is not going to help. Unless the help being sought is a made up excuse to bash Chelsea and Chelsea people.

Edit: Correction, it was Scott Sinclair I wrote off after 20 minutes of that Cardiff game. The first game I saw Kakuta in was vs Man City u18s. Same 20 minutes though. :(

1 hour ago, chelseafan26 said:

Atleast he is settled somewhere. I would take settling in china playing for one team rather than playing merry-go-round with my career in the chelsea loan system.

Well...

vjcOTvBT0-I.jpg

Each case is individual though. But I can understand players that prefers to stay at Chelsea. At least club cares about them and trying to make best out of them. Not every super-talanted youngster able to make it at top level. If Ola leaves and become a starter at a top-club in a few years - fair play to him. I would be happy for him, as he's clearly talanted lad, but chances that he'll make it at other top-club are not much higher than at Chelsea.

5 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

We lose Domingos Quina to west ham the other day

Celtic would be a step down for him the Scottish league is so poor nowadays

The return of Rangers will add a bit of competition, but I still expect Celtic to be dominant for now.

Guaranteed playing time and possible CL footie could be a big enough pull

6 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

Well...

vjcOTvBT0-I.jpg

Each case is individual though. But I can understand players that prefers to stay at Chelsea. At least club cares about them and trying to make best out of them. Not every super-talanted youngster able to make it at top level. If Ola leaves and become a starter at a top-club in a few years - fair play to him. I would be happy for him, as he's clearly talanted lad, but chances that he'll make it at other top-club are not much higher than at Chelsea.

Fair enough, may be Nouble was not a good example. What about someone like bertrand. Loaned here, loaned there. One season at a club and he got into the PFA team of the year, last year, IIRC. Why is that? Is it because the youngsters need time and confidence? Ofcourse they do. 

I have to massively disagree with Aina's chances to succeed at chelsea being equal at any other big club. Thats simply wrong. Barcelona gave fair chances to the likes of tello, sandro, haddidi, bojan, affelay. These players did not just get a useless minute when we were leading 5-0 at home to a relegation. They have got proper auditions. Thats why for every tello, their is a thiago, for every affelay their is a rafinha, a sergi roberto. The chance of a "youth player" succeeding at a big club is literally exponential at clubs like Barca, Bayern, ATM, arsenal, spurs, pool, because they actually care about their youth products and give them a chance, 

For us, the youth system is a useless entity. We cant boast of one single youth product JT. what an absolute shame. Even RM can boast of generating Jese and Morata. Who can we?