Ola Aina

Spike

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2019 at 1:52 AM, NikkiCFC said:

It's simple. Buy Bissaka and Chilwell or Telles. Introduce James. Sell Zappa, Azpi and Alonso.

I wouldn't want to lose Azpi. We need some 'glue' in the squad; some people with feeling for the club. Not enough of those currently.

According to a report in Italy, via The 5th Stand app, Fiorentina will try to persuade Ola to choose them over Torino. As we've discussed earlier in this thread, if Ola wants to go, there's nothing CFC can do to resist the binding buy option agreed with Torino as part of his loan deal. That does not mean however that we can't ask Ola to stay here rather than accept the move. I think he'd be a good squad player because of his flexibillity, but a place in the squad probably won't be enough bait to tempt him unless...

Unless this rumour has been planted by his representitives looking for leverage to negotiate better terms with the Turin outfit. If we wanted to compete on pay we probably could. Best contract, plus a part of the rotation is at least something we could make a case to him about.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

According to a report in Italy, via The 5th Stand app, Fiorentina will try to persuade Ola to choose them over Torino. As we've discussed earlier in this thread, if Ola wants to go, there's nothing CFC can do to resist the binding buy option agreed with Torino as part of his loan deal. That does not mean however that we can't ask Ola to stay here rather than accept the move. I think he'd be a good squad player because of his flexibillity, but a place in the squad probably won't be enough bait to tempt him unless...

Unless this rumour has been planted by his representitives looking for leverage to negotiate better terms with the Turin outfit. If we wanted to compete on pay we probably could. Best contract, plus a part of the rotation is at least something we could make a case to him about.

I wouldnt mind that much if he left. Maybe he will develop into quality RB, but he isnt one atm. We still have Azpi who will stay and hopefuly James comes here to provide back up. Between Aina and James, I prefer the later because he is younger and has higher ceiling.

• 5 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

just had a superb assist against Lazio on a counter (and he is playing LB due to injuries):)

https://www.vipleague.bz/torino-vs-lazio-streaming-link-1

Does this count as an assist officially?

On 26/04/2019 at 6:19 PM, BlueLyon said:

I wouldnt mind that much if he left. Maybe he will develop into quality RB, but he isnt one atm. We still have Azpi who will stay and hopefuly James comes here to provide back up. Between Aina and James, I prefer the later because he is younger and has higher ceiling.

There is no doubt that Reece is a better right back than Ola. Indeed, I wouldn't bet on Reece remaining behind Azpi for long, even if that is how things are planned at the start of next season.

The attraction of Ola is his ability to perform at both LB & RB, as he has shown for Torino throughout the season. That kind of flexibility is really valuable in a squad player but becoming a full time backup may not be acceptable to him.

18 hours ago, the wes said:

Great move for him. wasn't sure hed cut it when he went there but he has been consistent and proven himself. Fair play to the guy and now hes getting a good move where he can kick on. Probably miles better than Zappacosta.

Genius from the board! 

Buy zappacosta from them, give them oina for a lesser price that we paid for their player. 

Best run club in the world! 

Continue forever with these amazing board members that run our club so great. 

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Genius from the board! 

Buy zappacosta from them, give them oina for a lesser price that we paid for their player. 

Best run club in the world! 

Continue forever with these amazing board members that run our club so great. 

:rolleyes:

They get a RB (who can play LB as well as he is somewhat ambipedal) who shut down CR7 for £8.85m, roflmaooooooooo.

Meanwhile we paid them over £23m (at the historical exchange rate, £22.2m now) for Zappacosta who sat on the bench 90% of the time

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Zappacosta for 30 million

Aina for 10 million. 

There honestly needs to be petitions against the board. 

£8.85m is a steal for him. He really has developed into a decent fullback. Can play either side too (although is better on the right). I would take him over Zappacosta at that price all day, if I were building a small team.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

£8.85m is a steal for him. He really has developed into a decent fullback. Can play either side too (although is better on the right). I would take him over Zappacosta at that price all day, if I were building a small team.

This here is the reason why these kids are leaving. We have spent 20mil euros more, got a worse player while losing the talented young player.