Massacre In Paris

Spike

humans have had religion , from about 300,000 years ago. ritualistic behaviour is natural, and has a part in our psychology.

Don't wanna be a pedantic a-hole but homo sapien first appeared 200000 years ago.Know your prehistoric history young padawan.Concerning religion, you have to make a difference between spirituality (ritualistic behaviour)religion and organised religion.The last one came into being after the neolithic revolution 10000 years ago.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just cause it's your belief doesn't mean it can't be wrong.

So what you believe has to be right and what I believe has to be wrong right? You're just offended just because you're American. Quote this post all you want, explaining things to you will probably get nowhere.

Don't wanna be a pedantic a-hole but homo sapien first appeared 200000 years ago.Know your prehistoric history young padawan.Concerning religion, you have to make a difference between spirituality, religion and organised religion.The last one came into being after the neolithic revolution 10000 years ago.

archaic modern humans have been around since 500,000, and are not limited to just sapiens , they say , there is some evidence for ritualism before anatomically modern humans emerged.

yes in ancient times they believed in that sort of stuff because they didnt have any other explanation for things like rain and wind, but when talking about the religions we know today they were started by people who wanted power, we know so much more about the world now, which is why i find it so bizarre that people still believe this stuff

The Charles Darwin theory has many flaws. It has absolutely no proof whatsoever. If believing in a higher being is ridiculous, then how ridiculous is believing that we were apes once and that the universe came to be out of absolutely nothing? Religion and power are too different topics in my opinion.

The Richard Dawkins theory has many flaws. It has absolutely no proof whatsoever. If believing in a higher being is ridiculous, then how ridiculous is believing that we were apes once and that the universe came to be out of absolutely nothing? Religion and power are too different topics in my opinion.

im studying human evolution right now , the evidence is pretty poor, but still conclusive imo.

but i don't see religion as a problem. just greed and industrialism.

im studying human evolution right now , the evidence is pretty poor, but still conclusive imo.

but i don't see religion as a problem. just greed and industrialism.

Meant Charles Darwin by the way. I was watching too many Richard Dawkins videos lately, got the two mixed up because he is one of the biggest evolutiontheory writers.

Do you think that 9/11 was an inside job? I do, to be fair. ISIS and their followers are braindead scum but the hierarchy of this organization may get funded by the US. Let's talk about the tragic even that is 9/11. In my opinion it was an inside job for various reasons but let's not get into those. After 9/11 what happened? They invaded Iraq for no reason they did not even have weapons of mass destruction but they could use the 9/11 excuse to destroy Iraq and gain everything that country has to offer for themselves.

I see the creation of ISIS as a similar situation.

Well if this is Usa plan, Russia have delayed it by getting involved in Syria. It won't be easy.

OxqXfuz.png

Someone showed me this map of Russian and Iranian supply of oil to Europe through Syria and how Europe want Saudi Arabia to be their new suppliers to weaken Russia but Assad is a Russian ally like Libyas Ghadafi so he rejected their plan in 2010/2011 and suddenly civil war starts in Syria.

12247161_1190454461081127_80878853246398

#refugeeswelcome ?

This is why i don't want refugees. Who knows how many refugees are terrorists of ISIS and other organisations? And ofc. refugees gonna get money for doing nothing! They don't wanna work only get money. To that i can add all European girls who was raped. AND from now muslim poppulation in Europe gonna grow very, very fast, jus imagine:

1 men have 2-3 wifes and he have 6-8 children with every wife so that is about 20 childrens who ofc. gonna get paid from that country budget.

Menwhile European men gonna have 1 wife and 2-3 childrens so that is 1 Europien to 6 Muslims.

Now you can call me racist and nazi.

The Charles Darwin theory has many flaws. It has absolutely no proof whatsoever. If believing in a higher being is ridiculous, then how ridiculous is believing that we were apes once and that the universe came to be out of absolutely nothing? Religion and power are too different topics in my opinion.

I am not talking about believing in a higher being i am talking about Religion itself, i find it ridiculous how people believe in a religion, that was created by people who knew a lot less about the planet then we do today, for me there is no logic at all to live my life by how people who knew less than i do think i should live.

The Quaran and Bible for example have so many contradictions its laughable,

I am not talking about believing in a higher being i am talking about Religion itself, i find it ridiculous how people believe in a religion, that was created by people who knew a lot less about the planet then we do today, for me there is no logic at all to live my life by how people who knew less than i do think i should live.

The Quaran and Bible for example have so many contradictions its laughable

Nothing is certain. Charles Darwins theory is just a theory there is absolutely no proof of it, I respect what you believe but these kind of discussions on this page is useless imo. So I'll end this discussion on here because we are going out of the Paris Massacre topic. If you want to discuss about these kind of things pm me I'll be happy to discuss things with you.

What do you think they should do? Surely they have to do something. Who's to say ISIS won't hit London in a month. Rome in 2 months?

But that doesn't mean taking away people's civil liberties as @Chuolo rightfully pointed out. They'll try to convince us that we're living everyday in abject fear of terrorism, when that's just not the case.

This is why i don't want refugees. Who knows how many refugees are terrorists of ISIS and other organisations? And ofc. refugees gonna get money for doing nothing! They don't wanna work only get money. To that i can add all European girls who was raped. AND from now muslim poppulation in Europe gonna grow very, very fast, jus imagine:

1 men have 2-3 wifes and he have 6-8 children with every wife so that is about 20 childrens who ofc. gonna get paid from that country budget.

Menwhile European men gonna have 1 wife and 2-3 childrens so that is 1 Europien to 6 Muslims.

Now you can call me racist and nazi.

Not At all.

iseah100, on 14 Nov 2015 - 6:28 PM, said:

What do you think they should do? Surely they have to do something. Who's to say ISIS won't hit London in a month. Rome in 2 months?

Well to begin with, so called counter terrorism laws historically don't work. They just don't. On the contrary they tend to alienate people more and create more terrorists. To give just a couple of examples, take the NSA mass surveillance program which is supposedly protecting the country from terrorism, there was an investigation after the Snowden leaks and it turns out that throughout its entire history it managed to stop ONE 'terrorist': a man was wiring 2800 dollars to a suspicious group or something. That's why the government is intruding on the rights and privacy of all Americans. A more specific example would be the Charlie Hebdo attackers who were being monitored by the French authorities and still managed to get weapons and rocket launchers. In some cases, as is the case with bulk data collection, it actually hinders the ability of stopping actual attacks as people working in that field will tell you themselves. And that's actually no surprise as most of those laws are not aimed at stopping terrorist attacks but at controlling the population.

So what to actually do about ISIS attacks? Well let's look at what created the environment for the monstrosity that is ISIS to be born. No one with any knowledge of the politics of the region will argue against the fact that the main factor was doubtlessly the invasion of Iraq which hit an already very fragile society after years of genocidal sanctions with a sledge hammer and created a power vacuum that, along with the 'divide and rule' strategy used by the US army after the invasion, fueled the sectarian war that is now ripping the region into shreds. Then, because it obviously worked so well in Iraq, the same divide and rule tactics were used in Syria by US and regional allies by inflating the sunni-shia conflict and the perceived 'Iranian threat' to attempt to weaken the regime. Naturally extremists were always going to rise to the surface as result. Then of course you have gulf states and Turkey actively bringing the religious extremists to Syria then arming and funding them. Most still have connections with ISIS as was shown when the Turkish army walked straight through ISIS territory to retrieve a historic tomb from Syria and coordinated the recent joint attack of ISIS and 'moderate' rebels on the main Syrian regime supply rout in Aleppo. Then of course you have the fiasco that is invasion of Lybia from where A LOT of the ISIS and AQ fighters and weapons came into Syria. In fact the weapons given to the Lybian 'rebels' have spilled all over Africa and particularly Mali, Nigeria and Burkina and are the main reason behind the wave of terrorism in the continent.

But that all is already done, so what can help decrease the threat of ISIS now? It's actually simpler than you might think. ISIS to this day is still getting funding and arms from known sources in the gulf. Stop that. Stop the money they are getting from oil which EVERYONE is buying. Support popular local forces fighting against ISIS. ISIS's (and Al Qaeda's for that matter) violent extremists version of Islam is an offshoot from the Saudi Wahabi doctrine which the KSA spends billions on to sponsor and promote and create mosques for throughout the world. Stop that. Stop military tactics that are known to create more terrorists just because they generate revenue for powerful corporates such as drone strikes. Stop the flow of foreign fighters into Syria and Iraq, mainly from Jordan and Turkey. In Europe, stop scaring people into alienating and discriminating against Muslims just to get more votes in elections. Those are all just for starters and everyone knows them all. But there is no will to actually do any of that because EVERYONE benefits from ISIS.

In the future and going forward to avoid more Al Qaedas and ISISes, get your governments to stop invading countries and destroying regions for the benefit of oil and weapons companies. Stop pretending that the destruction of one region does not affect all of the world and realize that the entire planet is closely linked together. Abolish the believe that you can commit great violence anywhere on earth with no repercussions. Stop acting like all the resources on earth are theirs for the taking. And finally stop fueling and using religious extremism to do their dirty work like in Afghanistan, Libya and Syria, because they evidently can't. Actually, just stop interfering in other countries all together. That will probably do.

Well to begin with, so called counter terrorism laws historically don't work. They just don't. On the contrary they tend to alienate people more and create more terrorists. To give just a couple of examples, take the NSA mass surveillance program which is supposedly protecting the country from terrorism, there was an investigation after the Snowden leaks and it turns out that throughout its entire history it managed to stop ONE 'terrorist': a man was wiring 2800 dollars to a suspicious group or something. That's why the government is intruding on the rights and privacy of all Americans. A more specific example would be the Charlie Hebdo attackers who were being monitored by the French authorities and still managed to get weapons and rocket launchers. In some cases, as is the case with bulk data collection, it actually hinders the ability of stopping actual attacks as people working in that field will tell you themselves. And that's actually no surprise as most of those laws are not aimed at stopping terrorist attacks but at controlling the population.

So what to actually do about ISIS attacks? Well let's look at what created the environment for the monstrosity that is ISIS to be born. No one with any knowledge of the politics of the region will argue against the fact that the main factor was doubtlessly the invasion of Iraq which hit an already very fragile society after years of genocidal sanctions with a sledge hammer and created a power vacuum that, along with the 'divide and rule' strategy used by the US army after the invasion, fueled the sectarian war that is now ripping the region into shreds. Then, because it obviously worked so well in Iraq, the same divide and rule tactics were used in Syria by US and regional allies by inflating the sunni-shia conflict and the perceived 'Iranian threat' to attempt to weaken the regime. Naturally extremists were always going to rise to the surface as result. Then of course you have gulf states and Turkey actively bringing the religious extremists to Syria then arming and funding them. Most still have connections with ISIS as was shown when the Turkish army walked straight through ISIS territory to retrieve a historic tomb from Syria and coordinated the recent joint attack of ISIS and 'moderate' rebels on the main Syrian regime supply rout in Aleppo. Then of course you have the fiasco that is invasion of Lybia from where A LOT of the ISIS and AQ fighters and weapons came into Syria. In fact the weapons given to the Lybian 'rebels' have spilled all over Africa and particularly Mali, Nigeria and Burkina and are the main reason behind the wave of terrorism in the continent.

But that all is already done, so what can help decrease the threat of ISIS now? It's actually simpler than you might think. ISIS to this day is still getting funding and arms from known sources in the gulf. Stop that. Stop the money they are getting from oil which EVERYONE is buying. Support popular local forces fighting against ISIS. ISIS's (and Al Qaeda's for that matter) violent extremists version of Islam is an offshoot from the Saudi Wahabi doctrine which the KSA spends billions on to sponsor and promote and create mosques for throughout the world. Stop that. Stop military tactics that are known to create more terrorists just because they generate revenue for powerful corporates such as drone strikes. Stop the flow of foreign fighters into Syria and Iraq, mainly from Jordan and Turkey. In Europe, stop scaring people into alienating and discriminating against Muslims just to get more votes in elections. Those are all just for starters and everyone knows them all. But there is no will to actually do any of that because EVERYONE benefits from ISIS.

In the future and going forward to avoid more Al Qaedas and ISISes, get your governments to stop invading countries and destroying regions for the benefit of oil and weapons companies. Stop pretending that the destruction of one region does not affect all of the world and realize that the entire planet is closely linked together. Abolish the believe that you can commit great violence anywhere on earth with no repercussions. Stop acting like all the resources on earth are theirs for the taking. And finally stop fueling and using religious extremism to do their dirty work like in Afghanistan, Libya and Syria, because they evidently can't. Actually, just stop interfering in other countries all together. That will probably do.

That is about as realistic as total world peace. It'll never happen, there will always be conflicts. Without the USA and other powers interfering the world would be much different, for the worse. You suggest everyone just sit back and do nothing? Just stop buying oil and they'll go away?