Man of the Match  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perf

You didn't think the team declined after Christmas? It took so much effort to win games. Diego, Oscar, Cesc, Matic all dropped off in form. The team could still defend, sure, but the performances were all so laberous. The games against PSG were just sad imo.

I can honestly say I was worried about the way the team was heading in and voiced it multiple times. People would tell you that winning was all that mattered and the form would improve in the new season but that hasn't been the case.

There was a decline in performance but i never in a million years thought it was a sign of this, if anything i thought it showed the great character of the squad to knuckle down and get the results.

Fergie had many of those type of seasons in reverse.

Forget the computer. I'm surprised he can flush a toilet.

Zolayes, you have seen things.

He doesn't need a toilet.....He has a colostomy bag :clown: ....Sorry Zolayes, couldn't resist mate. (yes I know I'm not that far behind you !!!!!!)

The perf

There was a decline in performance but i never in a million years thought it was a sign of this, if anything i thought it showed the great character of the squad to knuckle down and get the results.

Fergie had many of those type of seasons in reverse.

No, I agree with that. You couldn't predict this. But there was no way Chelsea could've kept on winning like they did in the second half of 14/15. That's what I meant with the team was wobbling.

He doesn't need a toilet.....He has a colostomy bag :clown: ....Sorry Zolayes, couldn't resist mate. (yes I know I'm not that far behind you !!!!!!)

You too? Is there a TalkChelsea banner at a weekly bingo event?

I'm impressed by your ability to adapt. I've seen younger failing to master a microwave.

Not going to criticise the players .. For once we were unlucky ,, but most of the team gave their all IMO .. no blame to Matic for his first yellow but his second was "NAIVE",

again Willian was superb .. I am always accused of being negative but I look for 2 things ,, Committment and performance . The last 3 games the performances have improved slightly

but the effort has improved greatly ..

btw by no means a Mikel fan but IMO he brought a degree of stability when he came on,

:tophat: Perfect post.

When whole team plays like shit despite having such talented squad, big part to blame is the management department.

I will stand behind Mou, but this is embarassing. But eventualy if things will not improve, either majority of squad will be replaced or Mou will fly. In that case I hope for the second, because if he cant fix things with such talented squad, its he who is not able to handle the things and do his job. Its only him who kept playing Iva, him who plays Zouma on RB, him who keeps picking Cesc.

The whole team cant just turn shit in few months because they are out of form. Its either bad mentality, management, training, etc. For sure players perform like shit right now, but maybe all they need is a change.

Mou is now here for 3 years and we play even worse than before. No improvement anywhere. Yeah we wont title last year, but look where we are now. In deep shit.

I knew he isnt SAF, someone who could stay at one club for ages, but I didnt expect this either. I love the man, but I would let him go before he fucks up whole squad. Maybe the thing at Real was real after all. They were mentaly over under him, but won CL just year later.

When whole team plays like shit despite having such talented squad, big part to blame is the management department.

I will stand behind Mou, but this is embarassing. But eventualy if things will not improve, either majority of squad will be replaced or Mou will fly. In that case I hope for the second, because if he cant fix things with such talented squad, its he who is not able to handle the things and do his job. Its only him who kept playing Iva, him who plays Zouma on RB, him who keeps picking Cesc.

The whole team cant just turn shit in few months because they are out of form. Its either bad mentality, management, training, etc. For sure players perform like shit right now, but maybe all they need is a change.

Mou is now here for 3 years and we play even worse than before. No improvement anywhere. Yeah we wont title last year, but look where we are now. In deep shit.

I knew he isnt SAF, someone who could stay at one club for ages, but I didnt expect this either. I love the man, but I would let him go before he fucks up whole squad. Maybe the thing at Real was real after all. They were mentaly over under him, but won CL just year later.

But your missing the point, the manager can't be to blame for poor defending or not being able to hit the net, yes he is in charge of who plays and our formation but come on they are paid £200,000+ a week to play football and to do their job, that's 1 game a week (minus cup games) with training. If they are good at training and poor on the pitch they need less training or something...

If we was paid £100,000 or even 5,000 a week I'm sure we can do better and do our jobs.

I have never seen this kind of slump before really, to be honest.

Has anybody else seen it, around Europe, and what precisely reasons were given ?

I have seen champions going down the year after their success. Usually because they sell but for other reasons as well.
Not like this however, not total collapse.

The Greeks in the forum are likely to remember Olympiakos Piraeus of 1987-88 who were champions of 1986-87. They did sell their top striker Nico Anastopoulos to Avellino but the side was otherwise kept intact and they bought the Jugoslavian midfielder Sestic. Yet they were very very bad, losing to all and sundry up to around February. That situation looks like Chelsea's.

We need to identify the issues and European experience in my opinion will help.

I have never seen this kind of slump before really, to be honest.

Has anybody else seen it, around Europe, and what precisely reasons were given ?

I have seen champions going down the year after their success. Usually because they sell but for other reasons as well.

Not like this however, not total collapse.

The Greeks in the forum are likely to remember Olympiakos Piraeus of 1987-88 who were champions of 1986-87. They did sell their top striker Nico Anastopoulos to Avellino but the side was otherwise kept intact and they bought the Jugoslavian midfielder Sestic. Yet they were very very bad, losing to all and sundry up to around February. That situation looks like Chelsea's.

We need to identify the issues and European experience in my opinion will help.

There was Dortmund last year. And in Belgium this year we have Standard Liege, who normally should be title contenders (or close to it) but who are this year bottom of the table with no improvement in sight either (and that is after changing the manager).

Except for the fact that players do interviews every single week regardless.

I know. But normally it the manager should be at the front defending the club (not necessarily the players) in the media. As the manager it is primarily HIS job explaining why it went wrong . The fact that he can't/doesn't want to right now is a testament to 1) how much he already fcked up in the media 2) how little control he has over himself during these interviews and/or 3) his cowardice for for not wanting to explain his own antics.