The Mourinho Thread

U dn want him spending 60 mill to boost his squad..although he says all he needs r those few additions to have a complete team...whos being stupid mate

I see, you might be one of those difficult splinters here.

Let me simplify it for you. Either you post something worth to respond to or say bye bye.

Your choice.

Yeah, but we've spent around 300M pounds net since we last won the league. The fact that we still need a few signings (and probably another 50M+ pounds) is ridiculous because we've spent what, about 10X the net league average in that period. We should have been easily able to build a complete team and then some. I was hoping for a new sort of model that can build a squad in a better way but we seem to be doing the same thing we've always done under Roman which is just throw money at a wall and see what sticks. Eventually we will get the winning formula (buy enough players) and win, but winning like this is a little hollow.

The new thing is that now, mourinho will be the one ordering for which players to buy. He knows exactly the type of team he wants. So now we will buy exactly what our coach wants for the future of our club and not tiny attacking midfielders all over again

Yeah, but we've spent around 300M pounds net since we last won the league. The fact that we still need a few signings (and probably another 50M+ pounds) is ridiculous because we've spent what, about 10X the net league average in that period. We should have been easily able to build a complete team and then some. I was hoping for a new sort of model that can build a squad in a better way but we seem to be doing the same thing we've always done under Roman which is just throw money at a wall and see what sticks. Eventually we will get the winning formula (buy enough players) and win, but winning like this is a little hollow.

Agreed. We've spent an absolute fortune and still have an unbalanced, underperforming squad that mostly plays rubbish football.

Well, 2 or 3 signings in the summer, represents around 60 or more millions.

Well, what´s there to add here ? Not much. Roman & more money. Hoping for the best again. LOL.

Chelsea will likely be getting rid of KDB, Ba, Eto and Torres. Add to that the likelihood of Mata and David Luiz being sold too.

Mourinho can get the squad he wants and not only will Abramovich not have to spend a single penny, perhaps he'll even be making a profit.

Building =/= Rebuilding.

Joke's on you troll.

Yeah, but we've spent around 300M pounds net since we last won the league.

It is bad, and some signings like the Torres one are going to just have to be written off to a large extent. There are some bright spots though. A fair few signings will have increased in value like KDB, Courtois, Luiz, Mata, possibly Ba and Azpi. If we actually cashed in on the likes of Mata and Luiz then we could probably strengthen the areas we need to.

That to me is the difference - the signings we've made have value after we're 'done with them'.

Agreed. We've spent an absolute fortune and still have an unbalanced, underperforming squad that mostly plays rubbish football.

That is mainly down to different managers, different direction's, focusing on certain position's while neglecting others. It's not an excuse, but that's what happens when we have kept changing tact. I hope in the future we focus on position's that need strengthening, knowing us we will go and collect every centre midfield in the market now :lol:

But on the flip side young players off the quality and potential off Hazard and Oscar aren't available every year, and sometimes you just need to snap them up. If we didn't get them they would be at a rival ripping us apart for the next 10 years.

Southampton away on 1st as well...Arsenal, Swansea, Liverpool, Southampton, that could easily be 4 loses on the trot.

When was the last time any team near the top lost 4 on the trot? not even Liverpool under Roy did.

Also Swansea have been bang average since they have won the Carling Cup, even i would get seriously concerned if we lost that one.

Chelsea will likely be getting rid of KDB, Ba, Eto and Torres. Add to that the likelihood of Mata and David Luiz being sold too.

Mourinho can get the squad he wants and not only will Abramovich not have to spend a single penny, perhaps he'll even be making a profit.

Building =/= Rebuilding.

Joke's on you troll.

I see, you have not learned anything for the past week or so.

Mumbo jumbo.

Would answer the 'stability' problems we've had :D

But, Buck said the same thing about AVB being our 'long-term' manager, so we can't really speculate. Would prefer someone like Jose at the helm of the club for the long term then, say, David Moyes :D