The Mourinho Thread

Its just strange how i rarely see us linked with a CM, strange really.

I don't get it either. Mourinho had great CMs at his disposal at Inter and RM - some of which brilliant players. He knows they're important, still he doesn't seem to be targeting on any?

Just look at RM... they're one team when Xabi plays and another when he doesn't... the former far superior than the latter.

I don't get it either. Mourinho had great CMs at his disposal at Inter and RM - some of which brilliant players. He knows they're important, still he doesn't seem to be targeting on any?

Just look at RM... they're one team when Xabi plays and another when he doesn't... the former far superior than the latter.

I'm sure he can see the glaring difference between ours and his past teams. I just dont know why its so overlooked.

He normally has someone that sits deep, tough tackling and spreads long passes. None of lampard, ramires, essien are any of that type of player. How is he not seeing this.

I thought he was going to mould mikel to that, but he's trying to mould lampard to that instead, its not his natural game. Its more natural for mikel imo

I'm sure he can see the glaring difference between ours and his past teams. I just dont know why its so overlooked.

He normally has someone that sits deep, tough tackling and spreads long passes. None of lampard, ramires, essien are any of that type of player. How is he not seeing this.

I thought he was going to mould mikel to that, but he's trying to mould lampard to that instead, its not his natural game. Its more natural for mikel imo

I will be shocked if Mourinho isn't looking at options, either that or he has some grand master plan to move Kevin De Bruyne there eventually.

Its just strange how i rarely see us linked with a CM, strange really.

It is because Jose is shit, cant you see it?

We were definitely better with TFSW, we were world beaters with the free flowing football we were playing. We obviously need him back. GO RAFA!

:whistling:

We were definitely better with TFSW, we were world beaters with the free flowing football we were playing. We obviously need him back. GO RAFA!

Tbh i think some people will always have the grass is greener complex.

When we got Rafa, people wished we got Redknapp instead :lol:

When Anelka left and we went on a bad run, all off a sudden he was the answer to all our woes.

No thanks. I'll take mourinho over free flowing football and 15 points of the top of the table :lol:

No thanks. I'll take mourinho over free flowing football and 15 points of the top of the table :lol:

Atleast when Adam Le Fondre made it 2-2 in the last minute for Reading these anti Mourinho's could atleast go home and say we were playing free flowing football :ph34r:

On a serious note, i wasn't even anti Rafa i thought he did a good job under the circumstances, but there seems to be this myth creeping in that things were all great under the Spaniard, which couldn't be further from the truth.

What's also conveniently ignored is Rafa himself was beyond cautious at times with Liverpool, if he got to put together his own team with us, i can bet every penny i have we would not be playing like Brazil.

Atleast when Adam Le Fondre made it 2-2 in the last minute for Reading these anti Mourinho's could atleast go home and say we were playing free flowing football :ph34r:

On a serious note, i wasn't even anti Rafa i thought he did a good job under the circumstances, but there seems to be this myth creeping in that things were all great under the Spaniard, which couldn't be further from the truth.

What's also conveniently ignored is Rafa himself was beyond cautious at times with Liverpool, if he got to put together his own team with us, i can bet every penny i have we would not be playing like Brazil.

Yea because things are not going too well for us, people are making it seem like last season was good old ancelloti times. We messed up in lots of games, like the westham game coming up.

To his credit he's improved from the liverpool days(attacking wise) The 0-0 against mancity at the bridge last season was exactly his type of gameplay for liverpool.

Yea because things are not going too well for us, people are making it seem like last season was good old ancelloti times. We messed up in lots of games, like the westham game coming up.

To his credit he's improved from the liverpool days(attacking wise) The 0-0 against mancity at the bridge last season was exactly his type of gameplay for liverpool.

I think he personally adapted to the players he had at his disposal in the end, if he had time to sort 'his' team out, we would have probably been the spitting image of his Liverpool team eventually. Tough to break down, cautious and ultimately losing out in the league because of stupid draws time and time again.

Also he parked the bus at Eastlands just like Jose did at Old Trafford, which has also been forgotten.

Portuguese newspaper A Bola claims Essien, De Bruyne and Luiz could be shown the exit door at Stamford Bridge this winter, with Eliaquim Mangala and Radamel Falcao on the way in. Reports earlier this month suggested Demba Ba was another fighting for his future at the club, but the latest reports do not mention the Senegal forward.

http://www.givemesport.com/402611-mourinho-tipped-to-axe-several-chelsea-stars-in-january

It is not such a bad idea to sell Essien. He has nothing left, I think. It is very sad that his knee has stopped him. If he did not have these injuries, even today, he would be one of the best midfielders in the world.

But now, he is not so good and he is earning a big contract. It is not smart to keep him. Somebody on 100,000 weekly, he is not keeping as the backup player. He should be playing every week. But Essien is not good enough to do this anymore.

It is not such a bad idea to sell Essien. He has nothing left, I think. It is very sad that his knee has stopped him. If he did not have these injuries, even today, he would be one of the best midfielders in the world.

But now, he is not so good and he is earning a big contract. It is not smart to keep him. Somebody on 100,000 weekly, he is not keeping as the backup player. He should be playing every week. But Essien is not good enough to do this anymore.

Yeah. He has a contract till 2015 too unlike Terry, Cole etc and doesn't seem to have a big role in the squad.

Under some circumstances surely the club can pay off the players contract and release them.

I love Essien and all that, but his best days are well behind him and we could do with opening up a foreign spot, in my honest opinion it's something the club should consider doing in the summer, we can move on with a midfielder approaching/in his prime and Essien can find a club were he will play regularly for his twilight season;s.

People seem to have fond memories of Benitez here because of the unbeaten run we had towards the back end of last season. And people also have the tendency to reminisce of the good old days - which was then - when they are in bad times.