The Mourinho Thread

Fair comments.

I have to say, it's different when it comes to hiring a new manager than what went on with Jose in the last few months. The psychological aspect of the game is very underrated, and it seemed to me that the players didn't lose belief in Mourinho per se, more so in his footballing ideas. As a manager, it's important to stop individuals from becoming complacent, but Jose did not manage that and we now find ourselves in this situation.

I agree and you've used the word complacent as I did earlier. But when there's no additions to the squad of note, why wouldn't a player become complacent. When there's no ambition in the transfer market and your closest rivals spend double or triple what you have, what's to stop complacency?

We showed absolutely no ambition to improve on this squad and I think the players recognised that. It was as if we saw City spend £90 million on two players and said, here ya go.

Just to clarify on what I meant about the board - what they did in the 14/15 season was very good, but the ground work coming up to that; specifically after 2012, where they invested smartly in players such as KDB, Lukaku, Courtois, Eden, Oscar, Azpi etc... I commend them for their work there - that is the direction I saw the club going into.

From a business standpoint brilliant, but who is making these purchases and how do they see them fitting in? Half of those players were bought with Guardiola in mind weren't they? Again, what philosophy are they fitting into? Roman's eye for an appreciating asset?

It's been a pleasure debating with you, but a man has to go to bed and get ready for work. I must say again that you do come across very well in your posts, so keep it up. Hope that you stick around and become an active member here, it's nice to have different views that are put across eloquently.

Naah, I'll probably get complacent when the excitement of the day has worn off. Enjoyed the discussion though, very cathartic until I realise I have no idea what this club is doing anymore.

Pochetino is of the Bielsa school. Him and pep are.

This is why I wanted to have someone like Bielsa to prepare the grounds for someone else to take over.

But Bielsa is like Mourinho, too crazy personality and these are not good for long term.

Prefare someone like Pochetino, so that's a good shout out for someone like him.

The only problem would be his experience in Europe but who cares about that just as long as we can get back on track.

I am an avid follower of Bielsa, pochetino in noway is similar to Bielsa or comes from his school of thought.

Jorge Sampaoli is the closest thing to Bielsa, but the pupil has surpassed the mentor. Mainly due to his personality, which allow him to be more flexible.

Just want to point that out.

With social media you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Being such high profile it's difficult, Cesc has done it and had pelters, best let leave it lie if it was me.

I know but as I remember the whole real squad thanked Ancelotti in summer...think if the players were in such great relationship as they were saying in media then they would definately say something regarding this in public too, like Azpi did.

But then again they aint as big divas as madrid players indeed and might just do it privately (or not at all because Im positive the relaions werent as bright as they made it look like, that was impossible by seeing what was going on on the pitch)

For a club now as big as ours ,it is unacceptable to have lost this many games at this time of the season, never mind 10+games in a whole season.I didnt want Jose to get sacked but to walk away,now we have another £$ payout grrr.Jose thx 4 the good times!

I am an avid follower of Bielsa, pochetino in noway is similar to Bielsa or comes from his school of thought.

Jorge Sampaoli is the closest thing to Bielsa, but the pupil has surpassed the mentor. Mainly due to his personality, which allow him to be more flexible.

Just want to point that out.

Not similar but he came from that school.

I guess I meant it wrong.

I meant it more like avb.

He was with the man and learned a lot from him.

Not similar but he came from that school.

I guess I meant it wrong.

I meant it more like avb.

He was with the man and learned a lot from him.

Ok I get what you are saying.

Throughout his career Pochetino has taken things from Bielsa and crated his own managerial ways.

AVB on the hand I can definitely see much more of a similarity. Sampaoli is pretty much almost replica of Bielsa, but more pragmatic some way.

Sampaoli is definitely the manager I would love to see at Chelsea over anyone( pep included)

JT was the best defender in the league last season, unfortunately he's being found out because he hasn't the protection infront of him as Matic has been largely poor & also covering too much ground trying to cover Fabs arse! I maybe wrong but I don't see JT as a starter next season, would be good to have him around as player coach or involved in some description.

I believe our midfield needs major surgery & legs! Yes there are problems at the back but if we kept the ball more often instead of giving it away after 2 passes then we wouldn't be under so much pressure, it nay not of been the right time to play the highline under AVB but I want us to play further up the pitch, we are far too deep!

Not heard of Tuchel, Poch already has the experience of the Prem league so he'd be my outstanding choice but obviously I'm open to suggestions.

Tuchel has taken over at Dortmund post Klopp. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554744-breaking-down-how-thomas-tuchel-has-changed-borussia-dortmund-tactically

2004-2007 Mourinho is a legend.

The Mourinho who got fired today is another person.

I agree. I think Madrid did something to him. Even when he came back, I had Utd. friends that said he looked like he had aged 20 years. He went from slick suited Jose to tracksuit daddy Jose.

He did a great job in years 1 and 2. Sad to see it end this way.

I agree. I think Madrid did something to him. Even when he came back, I had Utd. friends that said he looked like he had aged 20 years. He went from slick suited Jose to tracksuit daddy Jose.

He did a great job in years 1 and 2. Sad to see it end this way.

Amen to that brother...

I know I wanted him gone for the good of the team, but it's still sad and I do truly believe he wanted it to be different - but for some reason he couldn't shake the monkey from his back

I remember debating this at length with @Barbara last season - we were discussing that now he has won the league, we will see a very different Mourinho this season. We did, but completely the opposite of what I, or anybody, expected.

He definitely has some emotional hang-ups now, that weren't present pre-Madrid

The continual need to big himself up send put others down.

Hopefully, for his sake (Mourinho the man, he gets a nice break and exorcises those demons)

I don't like his management style this time around, but I wish him all the best for the future, unless we are playing one of his teams...

Amen to that brother...

I know I wanted him gone for the good of the team, but it's still sad and I do truly believe he wanted it to be different - but for some reason he couldn't shake the monkey from his back

I remember debating this at length with @Barbara last season - we were discussing that now he has won the league, we will see a very different Mourinho this season. We did, but completely the opposite of what I, or anybody, expected.

Hopefully, for his sake (Mourinho the man, he gets a nice break and exorcises those demons)

I don't like his management style this time around, but I wish him all the best for the future, unless we are playing one of his teams...

He definitely got obsessed with Barcelona and Pep. It made him even more pragmatic, I think.

This is a pretty good article https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articles/the-devils-party/

Amen to that brother...

His management style won us the league last season though. You talk about the good of the team well we've lost a top manager and gained what exactly? Maybe that remains to be seen but once again we've sacked a manager rather than backing him and some people seem happy with that.

From what I can see those same people have no idea who they want to take over either, what they want to see (attacking philosophy keeps cropping up which is funny in a perverse way) or what they think this club wants either.

I can't think of a time since the 80s when the club has been so at sea.

His management style won us the league last season though. You talk about the good of the team well we've lost a top manager and gained what exactly? Maybe that remains to be seen but once again we've sacked a manager rather than backing him and some people seem happy with that.

From what I can see those same people have no idea who they want to take over either, what they want to see (attacking philosophy keeps cropping up which is funny in a perverse way) or what they think this club wants either.

I can't think of a time since the 80s when the club has been so at sea.

Won the league at what price? The results are evident this season right up till he was sacked. Admit it, Mourinho is just a modern day nomad manager.