The Mourinho Thread

This "article" pretty much sums up the credibility of media outlets. They will write literally anything for people to see and misclick on their ads. Shocking journalism.

This "article" pretty much sums up the credibility of media outlets. They will write literally anything for people to see and misclick on their ads. Shocking journalism.

Why do people even read that shit? If it doesn't come from the BBC it's usually bullshit.

Why do people even read that shit? If it doesn't come from the BBC it's usually bullshit.

BBC is also full of shit. There are no credible outlets left anymore, even sky has gone down the shitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBeUiTpM4rE

In the final third there aren't enough runs and passing opportunities. The ball goes from left to right and right to left. That's clueless and often the opponent can use that to their strengths. That's not completely the fault of Mourinho. because some of the guys have got really bad decision making, even Hazard sometimes holds the ball way too long. Willian is a champion in that competition, it slows the play too much down. A good pass is always faster than a run or dribbling,

You got that right, but all the rest can definitely be improved upon with a new manager who gets the side playing quick passes and quick movements.

I have to admit, of all the pony we get thrown at us, that one winds me up the most. Back up here in my beloved hometown of Glasgow, you just need to mention that your Chels and out it comes "You were nothing without that Russian cunt, blah, blah, fucking blah". So many fucking times have I had to 'interject' with "when you say 'nothing', by that I take it that you are discounting two FA Cups, Two League Cups, One ECWC, One Super Cup, repeated European campaigns and four points from the title in 99' (Cheers Doobs)?"

Now Citeh, that's another case altogether. Anyway, I digress.

On reflection, Jose should ride it out, Roman should back him, even if it means relegation. The older ones amongst us with recall many seasons of yo-yo'ing between the top two divisions and (almost) a spell in the 3rd, so lets try to stay positive. Should be get relegated, we will lose thousands of tourists (not the worst thing I can think of) and...........should Millwall get promoted............tribal I know, but old habits and all that.

I know mate, get the same, not much now of "what ya gonna do when the Russian gets bored?" (Circa 2004), but "its easy to support a winning team".

I cant be bothered to mention same as you, that we were there in the dark days, 70s, 80s90s, fuck em.

Good to have you back young man, stick around with your valuable insights :D

:doh:

This article doesn't need credibility. If people can't understand this is actually an acid satire, then it makes me lose faith in humanity.

I know mate, get the same, not much now of "what ya gonna do when the Russian gets bored?" (Circa 2004), but "its easy to support a winning team".

I cant be bothered to mention same as you, that we were there in the dark days, 70s, 80s90s, fuck em.

Good to have you back young man, stick around with your valuable insights :D

Thanks mate, and aye, I'll be hanging around this time :blue scalf:

It's better than the other shit imo.

Do you need to show more dignity, asks BBC sports editor Dan Roan?

"This moment the way I am going to show my dignity is not to answer you."

Phishing for headlines. Yeah, their shit may stink less, but it's still shit and I wouldn't eat it.

:doh:

This article doesn't need credibility. If people can't understand this is actually an acid satire, then it makes me lose faith in humanity.

I understood it was meant to be funny in whatever way, but the author failed badly. The only ones considering it a worthwile read and time investment will be him and his anti-Chelsea buddies. Instead of losing faith in humanity because I am not amused by this garbage, you should instead lose faith in humanity because media are grossly abusing "freedom of speech" to earn themselves bigger paychecks by producing mind-numbing gibberish like this.

Do you need to show more dignity, asks BBC sports editor Dan Roan?

"This moment the way I am going to show my dignity is not to answer you."

Phishing for headlines. Yeah, their shit may stink less, but it's still shit and I wouldn't eat it.

I understood it was meant to be funny in whatever way, but the author failed badly. The only ones considering it a worthwile read and time investment will be him and his anti-Chelsea buddies. Instead of losing faith in humanity because I am not amused by this garbage, you should instead lose faith in humanity because media are grossly abusing "freedom of speech" to earn themselves bigger paychecks by producing mind-numbing gibberish like this.

Okay, I lose faith on you.

Do you need to show more dignity, asks BBC sports editor Dan Roan?"This moment the way I am going to show my dignity is not to answer you."

Well said Manpe.

I still think his press conferences are embarrassing - he's just way too confrontational

The media is always a double edged sword - stop looking petulant and grumpy and just smile at them

His body language is awful - he gulps a lot - he doesn't air confidence - a huge percentage of communication is non verbal and I felt little confidence he will turn this around.

He needs some PR training.

There was a question about Dignity - the perfect chance to say - look, I might have got some things wrong, it happens - I want to leave that in the past and just move forward. Job done - everyone gets their little sound bite - but he refused to answer. Just stupid IMHO

Then bringing up 2004 and Porto winner - that was 11 years ago! That's like saying VW were emissions compliant last year :)

He can smile all he likes and lick each of their arses, it wouldn't make a difference.

And seriously, this forum might as well be called TalkPR the way some people get on. He's a football manager, not a business executive. He doesn't need PR training and no amount of it would get the press off his case.

Okay, I lose faith on you.

So controversial :clap:

FYI before now I considered you one of the best posters on here. But your insistence in protecting anti-Chelsea journalism and instead attacking me when I didn't say a word about you, has me reconsidering.

I thought today was handled as well as we could have hoped for tbh.

Some of the media discussions over the past few days have been nothing short of disgraceful but they are never accountable, not as much as say a Premier League manager anyway. They can write whatever they want to a degree and get away with it. It was painfully obvious that Jose didn't want anything to do with that media press conference today, and I for some part cannot blame him, papers like the Mirror (represented by that prick Darren Lewis I think today) were trying to get a rise out of him asking probing questions, he says nothing much at all and on their twitter feed they compare him to David Brent. Do they want respectful responses or not? I know Jose is his own worst enemy when it comes to the media, HOWEVER, the media themselves should be ashamed of themselves for the stories they have allowed to be published from terrible sources. None so much as the BBC who I believe are a shell of themselves in terms of respectability.

But I think these are the times that we are living in, the media is catering for people now who don't care so much about substance or whatever important is going on in the world today, it's more to do with who's shagging who, who's stabbing who in the back with catty comments. It was only a matter of time before this sort of journalistic cesspool became a huge part of sports media as well. These sensationalised stories and rumours are doing my fucking head in and I feel ashamed that people are taking them seriously. I would much rather listen to three hours of Neville, Carragher and Lamps talking about proper footballing issues than twats like Neil Ashton, Darren Lewis sensationalising and turning this into a fucking soap opera. (Even more so than Jose has done in his response to them and referees this season).

Said it multiple times on here before, mate. 90% of sports media outlets now are Hello magaizine for men. For blokes too embarrassed to watch The Only Way Is Essex but not above drama in a more masculine guise.