The Mourinho Thread

we still can finish 4th. i dont see Jose as the problem i see a group of players with no balls and no character who dont have any fight in them as our main problem.

do you really think this is the case? Do you honestly believe a whole bunch of world class players would just turn to shit over a period of a single summer or, as Jose keeps on saying, its just bad luck? Come on! :doh:

do you really think this is the case? Do you honestly believe a whole bunch of world class players would just turn to shit over a period of a single summer or, as Jose keeps on saying, its just bad luck? Come on! :doh:

yes i do! they are clearly not strong enough mentally.

Certainly won't get one of the other big English jobs. Unless he takes a year off and waits for Van Gaal to leave. If PSG fail to win the CL again this season I could see him ending up there. Even though he has talked shit about them and the French league in the past, I think he'd go there since there isn't anyone better.

Anyways, if we get the next hire right it may not matter if we finish in the top 4 in terms of player recruitment. If we appoint Carlo for instance world class players will still want to play for him, CL or no CL. We still pay huge wages, we're still in London, we still have a large array of great players.

Recent reports are that PSG are not interested, even in the event Blanc makes no progress in Europe. I don't ever see him ever managing United.

You might be right in terms of world class players, but I'm not so sure we are so attractive to the likes of Griezmann or Reus without CL football, in the increasingly likely event Hazard leaves. We might have to settle for lesser players like Alex Teixeira.

Recent reports are that PSG are not interested, even in the event Blanc makes no progress in Europe. I don't ever see him ever managing United.

You might be right in terms of world class players, but I'm not so sure we are so attractive to the likes of Griezmann or Reus without CL football, in the increasingly likely event Hazard leaves. We might have to settle for lesser players like Alex Teixeira.

What you think Mourinho is done at top football clubs?

Unless Hazard forces a move and kicks up a huge fuss he isn't going anywhere. Not worried about him at all. If we appoint the right manager we may see him better than we ever have and he'll have no reason to leave.

I must admid, I have changed my view a little on Mourinho.

I still want him gone because off all the toxicity he brings with him but i kinda feel for him right now.

Some players are just assholes and if the rumour about not wanting to win for Mou is true then I want that player gone with him too.

Hazard, Matic, Messi, whoever... That player needs to go ASAP.

Unless Hazard forces a move and kicks up a huge fuss he isn't going anywhere. Not worried about him at all. If we appoint the right manager we may see him better than we ever have and he'll have no reason to leave.

If we don't make top 4 this season, I don't see Hazard staying, regardless of who the manager is. We had the chance to build something special but our board and manager has let us down.

What you think Mourinho is done at top football clubs?

I never typed that. What I was trying to communicate was Mourinho isn't going to leave Chelsea and expect to see big clubs lining up for his signature. He's going to have to humble himself and settle for something smaller, at least initially. He will come out of this mess looking worse than ever and quite frankly, pretty overrated.

If we don't make top 4 this season, I don't see Hazard staying, regardless of who the manager is. We had the chance to build something special but our board and manager has let us down.

Too early to say. Don't give up.

After I went to sleep this morning, the good news started coming out: Jose gone in a week and Chelsea only owe him for one year's salary upon his dismissal.

We can't get players back that were sold during his time, but we have promise for the the future.

I hope the next manager is capable of producing every kind of football needed to win.

We aren't like Liverpool or Spurs, though, who very rarely play in the CL and their star players want to move on to a bigger club. Hazard would know that Chelsea can immedietly bounce back and he wouldn't be wasting years of his career trying to get back into the CL.

I don't think he's a coward who will jump ship. I think he'll stay.

We aren't like Liverpool or Spurs, though, who very rarely play in the CL and their star players want to move on to a bigger club. Hazard would know that Chelsea can immedietly bounce back and he wouldn't be wasting years of his career trying to get back into the CL.

I don't think he's a coward who will jump ship. I think he'll stay.

If he's jumping ship, it will because he's trying to move to a bigger club in Madrid with more attacking freedoms, playing next to better players, and in a less physical league, not because he doesn't believe we can't bounce back (In the event we don't make the CL)

Too early to say. Don't give up.

After I went to sleep this morning, the good news started coming out: Jose gone in a week and Chelsea only owe him for one year's salary upon his dismissal.

We can't get players back that were sold during his time, but we have promise for the the future.

I hope the next manager is capable of producing every kind of football needed to win.

Needed to win? We won a title 5 months ago.

I haven't given up, not at all. I have long since given up on Mourinho, admittedly, I never supported his return, but I will never give up on Chelsea. I'm very optimistic about the additions of Pedro and Kenedy for instance.

There is cause for optimism. Contrary to what writers like Martin Samuel will have us believe, this is a very, very good squad. Easily one of the top 2 strongest sides in the country, if not the strongest. What we need is just a central midfielder and another right back as back up for Azpilicueta if Ivanovic is sold. That way we have Rahman & Ake as LB options and Azpi and another RB as RB options. We also need a new CB. JT's days. at the very highest echelon of centre-backs might be numbered. Zouma & Cahill are not enough. I'm also not that enthused about the idea of Ivanovic returning to his original position at centre-back to add as back-up. He's been an amazing servant, but he is past his prime. Our board also needs to be more sensible and realistic. Witsel, Schneiderlin and Alderweireld were available last summer, but we spent all our time chasing Pogba and Stones. That was really, really stupid.

I know. I've been wanting Morgan S. for more than 2.5 years and I wanted two CM, two FBs.

It's been a mess --and longer than just Jose's 2nd term.

If he's jumping ship, it will because he's trying to move to a bigger club in Madrid with more attacking freedoms, playing next to better players, and in a less physical league, not because he doesn't believe we can't bounce back (In the event we don't make the CL)

He'd be an idiot to go to Madrid in my opinion and I'd lose all respect for him if he did. Unless they sold off a star or two before signing him. If they want to keep Isco, James, Bale, CR7, and Benzema AND sign Hazard then he'd be stupid to go there and not play every match.

Chelsea is the perfect club for him.