The Mourinho Thread

I'm not sorry for Jose for he brought this on himself. But it will take a couple of years for Chelsea to get back to where it was a year ago. With out CL football, we won't be able to attract top players anymore. Any manager who is someone won't be so much interested either. And the media, those fucking vultures, will be all over us for months to come.

Fuck, we need to reach top 4 somehow.

United, City, Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid and PSG. In the event that Mourinho is indeed sacked, I absolutely don't see him being wanted by any of these clubs for various and different reasons. Anywhere he goes from Chelsea will be a step down. Monaco and Inter being the most likely options.

I'm not sorry for Jose for he brought this on himself. But it will take a couple of years for Chelsea to get back to where it was a year ago. With out CL football, we won't be able to attract top players anymore. Any manager who is someone won't be so much interested either. And the media, those fucking vultures, will be all over us for months to come.

Fuck, we need to reach top 4 somehow.

Do you really think Jose didnt want to strengthen the first XI in the summer? for whatever reason he was told to work with what you got, that is why i have sympathy for him,

United, City, Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona, Madrid and PSG. In the event that Mourinho is indeed sacked, I absolutely don't see him being wanted by any of these clubs for various and different reasons. Anywhere he goes from Chelsea will be a step down. Monaco and Inter being the most likely options.

Certainly won't get one of the other big English jobs. Unless he takes a year off and waits for Van Gaal to leave. If PSG fail to win the CL again this season I could see him ending up there. Even though he has talked shit about them and the French league in the past, I think he'd go there since there isn't anyone better.

Anyways, if we get the next hire right it may not matter if we finish in the top 4 in terms of player recruitment. If we appoint Carlo for instance world class players will still want to play for him, CL or no CL. We still pay huge wages, we're still in London, we still have a large array of great players.

Think it would be just like United's summer last year where we can still attract big names but will have to overpay. We'll be able to "sell" to potential signings that this season was a blip and we'll be straight back in the CL.

The mind is a powerful tool, so there's no reason we shouldn't start watching DVD's from our best seasons and delude ourselves into thinking that's our current situation. Ignorance is bliss.

i can't wait for ballack to return from injury

To be honest, Barcelona changed 5 managers since 2003, yet they managed to win the Uefa Champions League 4 times during this period. Ferguson's Man. United only won it twice in 27 years, right? Nowadays, football is not about long-term anymore. It's about adaptation. If you need to change, you change. The most successful clubs in Europe during the past 25 years or so, changed their managers constantly. Look at Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona, Juve, Milan, even us. We should stop trying to find the new Ferguson. We need to find stability in ideas, not in people! Again, check out how Barcelona got their stability. It's not about the manager, it's about the academy. And that's only one example.

Spot on. It's from the club's core. Barcelona has an implemented philosophy and identity. We have fuck all.

Do you really think Jose didnt want to strengthen the first XI in the summer? for whatever reason he was told to work with what you got, that is why i have sympathy for him,

I'm sure he did. But that's just one side of the coin. For our complacency during the summer we should lose the title and, worst case scenario, finish fourth. That's the worst that should be happening right now. But what ever is going on inside that dressing room right now, I am sure, it has no footballing reason at all. Something else is going on and Jose is behind it all. That's why I'm not sorry for him as much as I am for Chelsea FC.

I'm sure he did. But that's just one side of the coin. For our complacency during the summer we should lose the title and, worst case scenario, finish fourth. That's the worst that should be happening right now. But what ever is going on inside that dressing room right now, I am sure, it has no footballing reason at all. Something else is going on and Jose is behind it all. That's why I'm not sorry for him as much as I am for Chelsea FC.

we still can finish 4th. i dont see Jose as the problem i see a group of players with no balls and no character who dont have any fight in them as our main problem.

Perez would take him back in a heartbeat, hope that's not going to happen.
Mourinho is one of the best coaches in the world, most Clubs would welcome him with open arms.

Hope that it won't come to that, because he is one of us and here to stay, don't fuck it up Roman.

Mourinho isn't a pussy like Favre and throws the towel when shit gets tough, he will fuck back, at least i hope so.

It's a pipe dream because it's a rarity. You can't just want or wish someone to be capable of doing what Ferguson did.

Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Milan etc. all have booked succes for decades with a number of managers coming and going.

Of course it's a rarity because no club bar United ever cared to give it a fair go. I'm not debating that the chopping and changing of managers can be successful, there's plenty of evidence showing it can. I'm saying that it's a nonsense to crow on about stability and lingevity if every bump in the road results in a managers head rolling. And just because other clubs have never managed to do it doesn't mean it can't be done, similarly United's situation doesn't mean it's the best formula. But if clubs are going to try it and fans are also up for it then it needs to be seen through rather than bucked the moment things get a bit hairy.