The Mourinho Thread

In my honest thoughts I think he's done. I think regardless of backing which to me was more a PR kick than anything, the replacement has been sounded out and the wheels are in motion.

Agreed. Even though a couple weeks back I said I don't think Ancelotti coming back is the solution, hearing about all these alternatives being banded around, I'd have him over any of them.

Miguel Delaney made a good point the other day about Ancelotti being the antithesis of Mourinho. He'd bring a calm to both the dressing room and the club as a whole and knows what it takes in this league. Demands instant respect from the players and I'm sure they'd respond to his tactics straight away after dealing with José's for so long.

Whatever it is, i hope the next manager picks it up from where we left at the end of last season. Especially with the youngsters, i hope RLC, Traoré, Kenedy and Zouma will get same/more amount of minutes and will intregate the likes of Pasalic and Van Ginkel.
Tbf, i'm disgusted, it's a circus right now, media are being allowed to vomit whatever bullshit they want about us.

Also, i'll make a prediction about our next manager, when we'll part ways with him, it'll be because he's been sacked. Let's do it over and over and over again.

Guardiola, Simeone, etc won't leave their clubs in the middle of the season to join Chelsea.

Even worse, which world class manager would take the risk of coming to Chelsea with the perspective of being sacked 6 months later?

Having said that, we would be better off at this point in time with an interim manager than with the Mou. He lost the dressing room or at least some key players. Hazard is one of the rebel.

My gripe with these predictions as to when Mourinho is going is that regardless of how great a source you believe your journo of choice to be, they're nearly all taking the scatter gun approach. If they guess he'll be gone after every game, eventually one of them is going to be correct.

Agreed. Even though a couple weeks back I said I don't think Ancelotti coming back is the solution, hearing about all these alternatives being banded around, I'd have him over any of them.

Miguel Delaney made a good point the other day about Ancelotti being the antithesis of Mourinho. He'd bring a calm to both the dressing room and the club as a whole and knows what it takes in this league. Demands instant respect from the players and I'm sure they'd respond to his tactics straight away after dealing with José's for so long.

Ancelloti is definitely our man. But would he agree to come up again?

Even worse, which world class manager would take the risk of coming to Chelsea with the perspective of being sacked 6 months later?

This. People writing Guardiola left and right. The guy will never come here, and i don't really blame him.

If José goes, the club are deluded if they think any coach is going to take them at face value when they deliver the long term stability remit.

What manager actually thinks he'll be appointed for a long tem job at any club? The Ferguson experience is a pipe dream.

I always support Jose, and I still do. But obviously he has made mistakes this season (especially in their approaches), that's obvious.

But our club also has made a mistake in the last summer market. All the big clubs in England made big investments in signings to improve Their squads, but we were asleep throughout the transfer market. Even when Jose asked for signings last May when we were celebrating our fifth Premier League.

Jose has his share of guilt, but he is part of the problem, not "THE PROBLEM".

Signing managers like Capello, Mancini or Guus Hiddink would not fix our problems. IMO we have to try to arrive in the best way we can until 1 January and do in the January transfer market what we did not do in the summer market. Maybe with new players (with ambition to conquer the world) Jose can solve our problems.

But if Jose is not able to change our situation in the last months of the season, then, we may look for another manager. But we can not remove Jose (the best coach in our history) only by 3 bad months. Jose deserves a trusted time.

Everyone has a part of guilt and sometimes it seems that Jose is always "the villain of the movie". We made a big mistake in the summer market, and now we are able to to fix it the market in January.

We will not find a manager who understands our club better than Jose because he understands us and he loves us.

Nevermind Ferguson. It'll be a miracle to see the same manager for 3 full seasons.

True.

The drama and negativity was always going to happen but I never thought an on-pitch situation like this would occur under Mourinho. If not for that, I think he would've survived/stayed for at least another full season. Now I don't know what's going to happen.

I always support Jose, and I still do. But obviously he has made mistakes this season (especially in their approaches), that's obvious.

But our club also has made a mistake in the last summer market. All the big clubs in England made big investments in signings to improve Their squads, but we were asleep throughout the transfer market. Even when Jose asked for signings last May when we were celebrating our fifth Premier League.

Jose has his share of guilt, but he is part of the problem, not "THE PROBLEM".

Signing managers like Capello, Mancini or Guus Hiddink would not fix our problems. IMO we have to try to arrive in the best way we can until 1 January and do in the January transfer market what we did not do in the summer market. Maybe with new players (with ambition to conquer the world) Jose can solve our problems.

But if Jose is not able to change our situation in the last months of the season, then, we may look for another manager. But we can not remove Jose (the best coach in our history) only by 3 bad months. Jose deserves a trusted time.

Everyone has a part of guilt and sometimes it seems that Jose is always "the villain of the movie". We made a big mistake in the summer market, and now we are able to to fix it the market in January.

We will not find a manager who understands our club better than Jose because he understands us and he loves us.

This isn't about love or understanding the club, this is a results based business were in right now, we are in the shit. It's not about being a villain of the movie, and whilst it's quite clear the players have their fingers in their arses the buck stops with manager. As a team we have been found out, and I think with it comes that Jose's ideas/methods are outdated. I want to brush away a lot of things that are said in the press because they are all wankers, but in amongst all the hullabaloo and what is happening I'm quite inclined to agree that the players have just given up under Jose.

Something has to give now, and it won't be the players sacked, but we know who and why, that's the harsh reality of football.

What manager actually thinks he'll be appointed for a long tem job at any club? The Ferguson experience is a pipe dream.

It's only a pipe dream because clubs and fans are impatient and any dip in performance is treated with the nuclear option. The Ferguson level of success might be fanciful for most, but it shouldn't be for big clubs with resources.

Clubs and fans a like can't demand longevity then throw in the towl when things get a bit rough

It's even more ludicrous if we go down the route of Ancelotti because we will have sacked our historically successful and supposed long term coach for a second time only to bring back another for a second stint. If you're going to have to re-enlist past coaches over and over then you might as well just stick with one of them.

To be honest, Barcelona changed 5 managers since 2003, yet they managed to win the Uefa Champions League 4 times during this period. Ferguson's Man. United only won it twice in 27 years, right? Nowadays, football is not about long-term anymore. It's about adaptation. If you need to change, you change. The most successful clubs in Europe during the past 25 years or so, changed their managers constantly. Look at Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona, Juve, Milan, even us. We should stop trying to find the new Ferguson. We need to find stability in ideas, not in people! Again, check out how Barcelona got their stability. It's not about the manager, it's about the academy. And that's only one example.