The Mourinho Thread

I think Roman should let him have his way in the January window. I know its harder to get players you want but you never know in football do you.

And if we can get a decent finish like top 6 keep him on and let him build his team next summer.

instead of sacking him and having to pay 35 million, why not let jose use that money to buy some players that want to fight for him??

but are not these players who were hand-picked by jose, who he thought were the chosen ones to fight for him.

and we have already spent a fortune on these players (cesc) or the players who were deemed good while selling others (mata, kdb for oscar).

i agree that he should get the time till the end of the season, but after that, let him go. obviously there will be a clause saying top is a must or his compensation would fall down massively. so let him do whatever he wants this season and then simply ask him to go while finding someone who can play azpi as a RB and baba as a LB instead of playing a CB as a RB and a RB as a LB.

Good read

For there is another way of looking at this debacle — although it won't have occurred to those secretly revelling in Mourinho's downfall. It's not him, it's them. It isn't Mourinho who is the obvious underperformer, but his team. Who has the true c.v. of substance here? Nemanja Matic, for instance, with his one fine season in English football, or Mourinho's eight national titles and three European trophies across four countries?

What if last year, not this, was the exception? What if Chelsea overachieved when winning the league, swept along by Mourinho's astute organisation and one last, inspirational turn from captain John Terry? What if 2014-15 is the only season Eden Hazard is Footballer of the Year? That makes Mourinho the genius, not the jinx.

He won the league with this lot? He won the league with a team now playing like the poorest champions in history? He won with single-season wonders, and old men, and players with a greatly inflated regard for their abilities and options?

If there are rebels inside Mourinho's camp, this is what they have failed to consider. That onlookers — managers and owners at other clubs, in particular — will wonder what is the real Chelsea.

Guardiola, Simeone, Conte and Slutsky are the candidates to replace Jose.

(Telegraph)

I really really don't want Simeone as manager. I don't think he would bring much of a change in terms of playing style and tactics.

I wouldn't say no to Guardiola, because I know that he would ask for some big signings before putting his name on a contract. And we really need big signings, let's be honest.

Conte is not an option and I don't think Slutsky is right for us, he doesn't have any experience in the big European leagues. If Guardiola doesn't want to come here, I would rather want us to go for Marcelo Bielsa, Rudi Garcia or (why not?) Tony Pulis.

Seems inevitable that he'll be gone now, huh? I trust what Dan Levene says and a few other well respected journo's.

I have a terrible feeling we'll appoint the wrong man. Conte is the latest name I'm seeing. Please no...