The Mourinho Thread

Abramovic will face the backlash if it means doing what he believes is best, sacking Jose will probably have some people up in arms but would be nothing compared to the toxic atmosphere replacing RDM with Rafa caused.

That was the only appointment I have ever felt uncomfortable with ( maybe Bobby Campbell as well for different reasons ).

Toxic .....rubbish.

It was hostile but never toxic for 1 home game and a few aways

Rather than sack Mourinho, a better option to me, seeing as we all know his skills,would be a player clear out of the under performers.

Rebuild in January as much as possible with hungry players. I dont want to keep harking back to Ferguson, but it is relevant as almost everyone was saying we need continuity when we'd sacked about 8.

Ferguson was allowed to build 3 complete squads during his tenure. Players who joined wanted to give their best - because of the status of Ferguson, mainly because he was Man Utd personified, and that was because of his length of legendary service.Theres no reason if we get through this without a rash sacking

and avoiding the Stamford Bridge revolving door, why Mourinho cant become a similar talisman.

well he got rid of KDB Lukaku ,, LuiZ Luis Bertrand ,, Mata Salah Schurrle Cuandradro Van Aarnholt so he has made a good start

This manager won the league last season too. I'm pretty sure these players didn't win the league on their own, it's not like they're so great that they're capable of winning league titles regardless of who is the manager.

I actually like Mourinho's philosophy, perform or you're out (Hazard, I'm looking at you)

Unless you happen to be Ivanovic or Fabregas.

well he got rid of KDB Lukaku ,, LuiZ Luis Bertrand ,, Mata Salah Schurrle Cuandradro Van Aarnholt so he has made a good start

To me its a total simplification, an unproven statement, and doing Mourinho a diservice in glibly stating 'he got rid'.

Most of these decisions are made by a team of several CFC staff especially Mr Emanalo. Mourinho would have some input, granted. Conversely, it is common knowledge, for instance, Jose was vehemently opposed to the selling of Cech. Who's to say he didnt feel similarly about one, or several of the players you've mentioned ?

To me its a total simplification, an unproven statement, and doing Mourinho a diservice in glibly stating 'he got rid'.

Most of these decisions are made by a team of several CFC staff especially Mr Emanalo. Mourinho would have some input, granted. Conversely, it is common knowledge, for instance, Jose was vehemently opposed to the selling of Cech. Who's to say he didnt feel similarly about one, or several of the players you've mentioned ?

I never mentioned Cech but I never heard him complaining of the others who left ,, His only comments were derogratry ..

but I wont argue with you as .. you will give me warning points again for being provactive and aggressive

lol that just sounds soooooo made up :D

Maybe, just maybe mate, his style of managing is simply tiring. We can't be replacing 1/2 of the team every 2 years or so. That's just unrealistic.

Let's be honest here, we're getting Chelsea'd currently. All those shit games we played in the second part of last season are going the other way this time. Last season there were games which we shouldn't have won and where we got lucky, this time, though, there's no Remy or Hazard to bail us out. Our reliance on Hazard and those lucky bounces we had was just too astronomical to be sustainable.

Also, let's not ignore that last year was one of the weakest in terms of overall quality from the big sides. United was in stage #1 of their rebuild, City and Arsenal were constantly injured, and Liverpool and Spurs were their usual selves. Not winning the league title would have been disappointing all things considered.

In more than 2 years under Mourinho we have only had one half of a season were we looked dominating - that should be telling. At that point talking about players should stop.

I still don't agree - I don't think we won the title because of luck or because we won games we shouldn't have, that's unfair to the team and the manager for not giving them enough credit.

As for the league being weak I don't buy it. City are pretty much the same team with the same style/philosophy, but last season they were no match for us. If they're the ones to win the league this year will they still be weak champions because we're in crisis and United are in stage #2 of their rebuild, or something? I doubt it.

But that's not the point here, is it? Others play one bad game and they get dropped immediately but not those two mentioned.

right but imo that's the wrong point.

Jose doesn't play Iva because he likes him personally, but because he likes him as a player. He believes Ivanovic is the best RB in the roster and I happen to agree. We could do better than Iva at the moment, but that's irrelevant as we did not (transfer window) and Baba looks shaky still.

It's even worse with Fabregas. TPTB and I were one of the few who weren't crazy about Fabregas' signing - thought a bit too soft for that role. Yet, watching Mikel and Ramires "passing" the football, if you can call it that, is something I wouldn't wish to anyone.

No, I mentioned Cech, is that OK ? Mourinho was opposed to the offloading to the Arse, so potentially the others as well. You dont know, I dont know, so its disingenuous to assert 'he got rid' as fact.

You only get warning points if you are provocative and aggressive, not for pretending to be a martyr. :D

post what you want I can't delete your posts

I still don't agree - I don't think we won the title because of luck or because we won games we shouldn't have, that's unfair to the team and the manager for not giving them enough credit.

As for the league being weak I don't buy it. City are pretty much the same team with the same style/philosophy, but last season they were no match for us. If they're the ones to win the league this year will they still be weak champions because we're in crisis and United are in stage #2 of their rebuild, or something? I doubt it.

I personally do think that the second part of last season was not worthy of champions and I have my doubts we would have won the title in a season as competitive as the period 2005-2010. We're seeing this season what a few things not going our way can do (although, I still can't believe we're this bad).

Currently? Absolutely. With the way we have self-imploded, Liverpool changing coaches mid-season, United still not being there yet, it's basically just Arsenal and City and 10/10 would bet on City winning it if Arsenal's their biggest threat.