The Mourinho Thread

Its not reverting back to type its being sensible, that's why this team will go far under Mourinho, because we can play literally whatever tactic is nessesesery, we dominated on Saturday against West Brom like we were Pep's Barca yet played a complete opposite game at The Ethiad.

That kind off adaptability in the modern game is gold, you see Arsenal, City and Liverpool fans moaning about no plan B in their team, well we don't just have plan B we have plans right down to ZZ.

My point is not about adaptability - I know we can mix it with Stoke on a wet night at The Britannia whereas other teams cannot or not having a Plan B to Z etc. - reverting to type about trying to close out a game with the different personnel in the wrong situation. There is only so much Jose can do from the touchline, he cannot climb on Schurrle's back and follow him until the final whistle whispering "Track the runner".

No doubt we will go far with the trophy cabinet, I'm worried about the latter stages of the CL.

Just to add to my post above, I may come across as a negative nancy but let me be clear in that I am extremely excited about this team and Jose in general.

We have our flaws, no team is perfect and with our blue tinted glasses on we all pick apart Chelsea more than others because its OUR team.

I have to agree with Carlo if he has talking about European sense (CL) - Chelsea have not changed, yet. Lets see where we are or if we revert back to type (City/United games).

However one thing I can hold onto is that I will never forget (And that is when I knew Carlo was gone and had TO go, in my opinion) was when we played Jose in the CL and Carlo stood there with his eyebrow raised, no clue, no plan B, no tactical awareness of how the game was played out against that team.

Carlo gets credit for la decima, fine, congrats however with that team you should be closer than ever, thats not a dig, he is a good coach (trophy cabinet etc.) but there are things lacking.

It is no coincidence that Ronaldo goes to la liga and his goal tally goes through the roof, the EPL is a different animal, especially todays EPL, most competitive league game for game.

That said I would back us to beat Madrid over two legs but not a single one off game.

Ronaldo was actually killing the EPL before he left.

People was saying that same thing you said, that the EPL defense is shit and all that.

Ronaldo is just too good, simple as that.

Ronaldo was actually killing the EPL before he left.

People was saying that same thing you said, that the EPL defense is shit and all that.

Ronaldo is just too good, simple as that.

I'm aware, I've been watching the EPL for a while now.. ;) I do not recall people saying that the defences were bad though.. Not disagreeing that is not 'too good' - the guy is a monster, same as Messi but its a widely shared opinion that La Liga is.. easier to score in, smaller teams and such, its a big point to make but I can't be bothered to write it all out, common sense should have kicked in by now as I said its a commonly shared opinion.

And its in no way a dig at Ronaldo, beast.

I'm aware, I've been watching the EPL for a while now.. ;) I do not recall people saying that the defences were bad though.. Not disagreeing that is not 'too good' - the guy is a monster, same as Messi but its a widely shared opinion that La Liga is.. easier to score in, smaller teams and such, its a big point to make but I can't be bothered to write it all out, common sense should have kicked in by now as I said its a commonly shared opinion.

Common shared opinion?

Maybe if your English, but not to me.

It's about the same to me.

The top teams totally destroy the smaller teams.

Chelsea record of goals just like Barca and Real.

Common shared opinion?

Maybe if your English, but not to me.

It's about the same to me.

The top teams totally destroy the smaller teams.

Chelsea record of goals just like Barca and Real.

Say what? Top teams destroy smaller teams? Agree to disagree! :)

I agree that it is probably easier to score in La Liga than other top leagues. I mean look at the first Ronaldo. He nearly hit 50 at Barca didn't while at a younger age than both Messi or CR didn't he? Did it with a Barca side that wasn't as stacked as the Barca of 2008-2012. Then it dropped when he went to Inter.

It's amazing to see how Mou has shaped our team in 2 seasons. And I wouldn't be worried about the latter stages of the CL at all really. After we won it once I feel that the "burden" of wanting to win it has been lifted. Mou has some bad luck in the Semi's but the fact that he can get any team there consistently is a testament to his ability. I believe we should advance that far again at least.

That may have been the case a few years ago but I don't buy that anymore. La Liga has taken the reigns as the best division in Europe right now... The style of play in England allow for more teams to be competitive but I don't think its fair to say La Liga is easier to score in.

I go by what the players say, England is faster and more physical, Spain is technical and more tactical. Both produce problems however, in La Liga 9pts separate 1 from 6 meaning the competition is getting a lot stronger than in the past.

Jose Mourinho insists he is not motivated by the thought of matching Roberto Di Matteo's achievement of winning the Champions League with Chelsea.

Instead the Portuguese wants to set about building his next great team at Stamford Bridge, one that is capable of challenging for the trophy which has so far eluded him during his time in west London.

Having delivered European Cups whilst in charge at Porto and Inter Milan, Mourinho so far has not been able to repeat the feat with Chelsea - whose one and only success in the competition came under Di Matteo's stewardship in 2012. But this season has started promisingly for the Blues, who are unbeaten in all competitions and sit clear at the top of the Premier League.

Progression into the knockout stages of the Champions League can be attained with a victory over Di Matteo's Schalke side in Gelsenkirchen on Tuesday evening but Mourinho is not thinking about having to equal the Italian's triumphs during his spell at Chelsea.

"Don't ask me to speak about him," said Mourinho when asked about Di Matteo. "The history is the history - he was on the Chelsea bench when Chelsea won the Champions League and he is a historic name in this club, I have nothing more to say.

"My name is in the history of this club. A football club is made of many, many names not one or two names or one player or one manager. I did my history here and now I have the chance to make more history here and he was Chelsea manager and he did his history."

Mourinho even said that winning the competition was not necessarily evidence of managerial brilliance.

“The Champions League, many, many times I say, is not a consequence of a great work,” Mourinho said. “Sometimes it is not. You can win the Champions League in the worst season. You can finish fifth and win the Champions League.

"Right. Liverpool did, and Chelsea, too. A knockout competition is something that always has a big percentage of unpredictability.

"I can do nothing to win it. I can only work to improve my team all the time, make a very good team like we are doing.

"Me working on the pitch, the board working at other levels to make a great team like we did in 2004/05/06."

Mourinho has targeted victory in Germany to secure safe passage at the first opportunity and avoid tricky fixtures in amongst important domestic games in December - warning his players not to take qualification for granted.

The teams drew 1-1 at Stamford Bridge in the first round of fixtures before Di Matteo replaced Jens Keller as Schalke boss and even another draw on Tuesday would go a long way to keeping Mourinho on course to bring his first European Cup to Chelsea.

Brilliant job so far, boss. :clap: . He's delivered on his promise so far concerning the "evolution" of Chelsea. We are playing with fantastic style and swagger, imposing our will on teams home or away. The contrast of our play in this same fixture last season, where we defended very deep and played on the counter attack for 90 mins and today was there for all too see. We destroyed them this time. I was admittedly concerned after the City game but right now I have nothing but praise for Jose and the way he has us playing football.

21 games unbeaten and we carry on.