The Mourinho Thread

Well, Mata does not have the legs, you posted & who does, then ?

Frank, Oscar, Mikel, Rami do ?

That's the thing, I agree with your sentiment. We don't have many players suited to any style of football which is why we almost always play crap, disjointed football. There has been very little thought, if any, that has gone into how our squad has been built. It's just a random assortment of players thrown together with no idea how each player affects the other(s) and the overall style of play. I've just learnt to accept that's how things are and try not to complain much any more to be honest.

Well, Mata does not have the legs, you posted & who does, then ?

Frank, Oscar, Mikel, Rami do ?

They obviously got better legs than Mata for the Mourinho style of play.

But Mata did thrive the previous season because of a more fluid style rather than counter attack. So far he hasn't been able to work out the new style. He's definitely trying, which was evident from the Swindon game but never really got hold of the new way here. It's gonna be even harder to return back to the winger role he used to play so well at Valencia.

Then again, who am I to argue with bushman? :P

That's the thing, I agree with your sentiment. We don't have many players suited to any style of football which is why we almost always play crap, disjointed football. There has been very little thought, if any, that has gone into how our squad has been built. It's just a random assortment of players thrown together with no idea how each player affects the other(s) and the overall style of play. I've just learnt to accept that's how things are and try not to complain much any more to be honest.

I agree with everything that you said but one thing. I would have been also ok with it if we were let's say a mid table club. If you consider how much money those players have cost, how much they earn and the fact that we have one of the top managers and facilities, then it's unacceptable. There are no excuses for me.

They obviously got better legs than Mata for the Mourinho style of play.

But Mata did thrive the previous season because of a more fluid style rather than counter attack. So far he hasn't been able to work out the new style. He's definitely trying, which was evident from the Swindon game but never really got hold of the new way here. It's gonna be even harder to return back to the winger role he used to play so well at Valencia.

Then again, who am I to argue with bushman? :P

Well, in Bushman we trust ? Much better than Jose, some say, lately.

Mata to me, is not very good playing on the wing, I feel. If I were Jose, I would use him, rotate him, play him as before. After all, Oscar was not very hot last night or was he ?

If Jose has no plans with Mata, then he ought to tell him so. Mata is too good to sit around, gone in January, I feel.

I still not understand, what´s the new way at Chelsea ? All I see, plenty of headless chickens on the pitch, sometimes trying hard, other times, erratic passes, hoofing the ball, & Cech saving the team in several games.

I agree with everything that you said but one thing. I would have been also ok with it if we were let's say a mid table club. If you consider how much money those players have cost, how much they earn and the fact that we have one of the top managers and facilities, then it's unacceptable. There are no excuses for me.

I know it sounds defeatist but what can you do eh? Just hope it gets better.

I will send my CV to Roman though. Salary negotiable :Goober:

I know it sounds defeatist but what can you do eh? Just hope it gets better.

I will send my CV to Roman though. Salary negotiable :Goober:

Good luck, perhaps, Jose could use your expertises.

Him taking notes, constantly, just wonder whether he reads it, afterwards.

Seen on Twitter that a few people think Jose is getting the sack.

What a fucking joke these 'fans' are. Honestly, they're nothing to do with this club. At best they're parasites attracted to Roman's money and our recent success but they don't represent the support of this club in any way, shape or form. They're the worst type of scum that any club can find themselves picking up because they do nothing but moan. They don't lift the team or support the players. They seem to enjoy losses as it gives them a chance to reconfirm their biases.

If you happen to see one of these fans in the street, you should treat them like any other vermin by crushing them under the heel of your boot.

Repeatedly.

Calling for violence, the mark of a civilized man!

Have found it slightly funny that on Saturday, people were raving about Mourinho and his decision to go 4-3-3 (more like a lopsided 4-2-3-1) against West Ham and now not a word spoken about doing the same yesterday with arguably an even more cautious and defensive approach seemingly only looking for the point...

Yes, Jose was looking for a point, but got zilch.

Oscar deployed out wide last night, he was ineffective, another poor performance by the whole team, was seen.

Not a single shot on target for the team. LOL.

Then, one may ask, what was Jose trying to play last night ?

^ the most apt article. i still cant understand why we dint rotate. specially since we need to get 9 points out of the next 3 games in PL hence need a fresh team. (soton, sunderland, stoke).

anyways what's done is done. its not fifa that u get a do over. as for people who are calling for mou's sacking - bunch of idiots.

How is AVB doing at Spurs? ,I have been hearing the players are not happy with him,funny that .

A lot of knee jerkers on this forum ,players come and go and retire ,Mourinho must stay for the long term,the fans at the ground know this and they are the real supporters.

I think a manager must only stay for long term if he brings a good philosophy to the club.

Close to December and the only philosophy that Mourinho has shown me is that of defense and counter attacking futbol.

It's okay right now, but in the long term this philosophy does not go hand in hand with what Roman wants.

I think it's silly to say sack a manager after a couple of months. We should evaluate after a season. If he merits a second season then he gets it. But after the second season if the philosophy is not clear with the mandates of the club then someone will go.

No one gives a shit that we lost vs BAsel twice. In a fortnight we will be top of the group and qualified. NO idea, why BAsel players always are suddenly in the form of their lives when they see a blue shirt. The problem was why did we play Lampard, oscar etc who were clearly overplayed when we could have rested them considering apoint would have sufficed and could have easily been secured with a fresh b-team. Jose surely is not the über-manager many make him out to be. Still a very good one but yesterday he once again made mistakes. The question is how many mistakes will he be allowd to make.

No one gives a shit that we lost vs BAsel twice. In a fortnight we will be top of the group and qualified. NO idea, why BAsel players always are suddenly in the form of their lives when they see a blue shirt. The problem was why did we play Lampard, oscar etc who were clearly overplayed when we could have rested them considering apoint would have sufficed and could have easily been secured with a fresh b-team. Jose surely is not the über-manager many make him out to be. Still a very good one but yesterday he once again made mistakes. The question is how many mistakes will he be allowd to make.

Well the Mata situation could be the biggest mistake out of all.

Ever since Roman has been at the club it seems he values players more then managers.

If Mata leaves the club that might trigger a chain reaction in Romans crazy old head!

Well the Mata situation could be the biggest mistake out of all.

What Mata situation is that? The one where he's being kept out of the team by Oscar, who has been the player of the season by a long distance so far?

I simply don't get what all the fuss is about regarding Mata. He's a great player, but Oscar is a great player as well and he's in some good form.

What Mata situation is that? The one where he's being kept out of the team by Oscar, who has been the player of the season by a long distance so far?

I simply don't get what all the fuss is about regarding Mata. He's a great player, but Oscar is a great player as well and he's in some good form.

The only fuss is that mata was the best player last two season.

And when you play shit like yesterday people will ask why mata is not playing?