The Mourinho Thread

Sack him. If we are to save our season we need him out the door first thing tomorrow, we are going nowhere with this clown. Get Ian Dowie in to steady the ship until the end of the season. Then we can start to look at real managerial options for the long term. I'm expecting a big name like Alex McLeish, Steve McClaren or Sammy Lee to arrive. We may even be able to prize Steve Bruce or Gareth Southgate away from their current positions.

Which one plays the most short passes and triangles?

this may be a new low for him

losing twice to Basel, getting outplayed, having 0 shots on target

Secretly inside he doesn't care knowing we have gone through now. We are gonna defend our way to the trophy eventually, beating teams 1-0 or 2-1 and hopefully seeing out 90 mins most of the time unlike this one.

You can tell this is the future

If he doesn't change his nostalgic nepotism towards Lampard, whilst treating certain other players like shit, he's getting sacked before the end of the season. It's as simple as that.

He won't, we can't afford to anymore. £40m pay off is too much

He made tons of mistakes today. Playing Lampard was one of them because he's 35 and he's already showed Mourinho many times that when he plays twice a week, he can't be the same player. He admitted making mistakes by tiring out the players when he should have rested a few of them instead. He didn't blame the players, saying they were tired... I don't know if I'm as willing to disregard their awful displays by tiredness.

Anyway, Oscar in the wing is a waste, but I guess he put him there to try to stop Salah and Stocker, but not only that didn't happen, but we our midfield suffered from missing Oscar there and having Lampard instead.

I think this match was perfect for Schurrle. He has an excellent work-rate and he would have taken care of at least one of our flanks, and he's also very fast and objective and he's completely rested. So my main complaint (after playing a tired Lampard) is not playing Schurrle from the start, but even more so not using him as a sub once he realized the match's scenario.

Ramires was shocking. One of his worst matches I've ever watched. I would have replaced him with André, moved Oscar for the CAM position to give our midfield stability and as bad as a pivot with Mikel and Lampard is, Ramires was simply too bad to be kept. As much as Lampard as bad, Ramires was worse. I already covered in the match thread why I think this match wasn't suitable for Mata at all and I won't repeat myself.

In the first half Willian was the only decent player in our attack, but that was basically because of his ball control because he didn't create anything out of it either. I feel like he was too slow and we were too narrow (one more reason to have Schurrle).

Hazard was needed and if he had brought Schurrle at the same time, for Ramires and Willian or Ramires and Oscar, I think our luck could have been different. I'm not sure we would have conceded that goal with André in the pitch because even if he wasn't well positioned, he's faster than Salah and could have at least pressed him whereas Ivanovic and Cahill didn't have enough legs to close in.

I expect about 3-4 changes in the weekend, but not because the players should be punished, but because they should be rested. If Schurrle doesn't start against Southampton, I'll be the first to come bitch in this thread...

Sack him. If we are to save our season we need him out the door first thing tomorrow, we are going nowhere with this clown. Get Ian Dowie in to steady the ship until the end of the season. Then we can start to look at real managerial options for the long term. I'm expecting a big name like Alex McLeish, Steve McClaren or Sammy Lee to arrive. We may even be able to prize Steve Bruce or Gareth Southgate away from their current positions.

I heard Barça's U-16 coach can play some of that beautiful tiki taka. Maybe him?

Great post ,Avram is free as well. Knee jerk reactions we are in the champions league next round,well placed in the league and in the league cup quarter final,come back Danny Blanchflower, who?

knee jerk reactions ,have a whisky go to bed ,wake up and look to the future you glory hunting fans who have jumped on the bandwagon .

Well said but that is the problem you have hit the head, they are just glory hunters and can't see that building a team and legacy made take time. Everyone knows he inherited no consistent strikers. We will improve if given time. Today was bad. I think Jose has to sit with them all and say who wants to play for Chelsea, and will really play for their shirt?

He hinted post match at playing other people, he should get Mata on and when for give Luiz another go. I think Andre should have been on tonight.

Well if the forum decides Mourinho out who are we to argue ,what do we know? Football fans are all about now ,we have sacked loads of managers we get the best back and they want him sacked after less than 4 months when we are well positioned and he is working overtime on putting the team right . And by the way a lot of them want me banned as well . Well not many of them have my signature?

Lol, aww Phil I thought we kissed and made up about that ;)

I do agree with you, but the funniest thing is so what if everyone on here wants him sacked, we can only hope Roman takes a chill pill.

As for being banned come on people this is a forum we dont have to go nuts if someone states an opinion outwith the mainstream, it doesn't mean it's wrong and on here I feel people should be allowed to stick up for themselves.

Lets have fun.

Please give the team and Jose time, to all the fickle glory hunters I do despair :(