The Mourinho Thread

10 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

He does have a point though. No passion whatsoever with that Sibneft -crew in place. 'Not here for 18 years, not here for 23 years...big emotional connection to the club. The clubs are made by its people, it's about the fans.' Personally, no wonder that i feel so disconnect now, for me, there's almost none of it at Chelsea anymore, such a shame!

Some think he's lost it, i think he's back to his best, looks so calm. We'll see how it goes. One thing is sure, thread will be very busy in years to come.

From reading and listening a few things he definitely lost it. 

In fact he seems desperate now, the whole list of youth reeks of desperation. 

Like I said it's not pep who I expect to take the limelight but it will be managers like Conte, klopp, pochetino and such. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even if he wasn't talking about the fans, he was still talking negatively about the people he worked with at the previous clubs. How is that right?

I'm not saying that's right. But for me there's a difference between relationships between manager and fans (something emotional) and relationships between manager and people in the club (working relationships). I would be dissapointed as anyone if Jose had a bad words about fans that supported him during hard times. And I also don't think that calling people "great professionals" is something disrespectful.

Dude has really lost the plot, he became incredibly obsessive with everything surrounding him. 

10 years ago he was like "Fuck you I want to win, I want to beat everyone", it made him the best manager in the world. 

Today he is like "Fuck you all I am the best coach that has ever lived", it will most probably destroy him. 

Never though I'd say this and it hurts me more than anything, but I'm definitely glad he's not our problem anymore, you just gotta LOVE Conte's passion and humility in front of what I just saw today. 

FORZA ANTONIO

12 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

He does have a point though. No passion whatsoever with that Sibneft -crew in place. 'Not here for 18 years, not here for 23 years...big emotional connection to the club. The clubs are made by its people, it's about the fans.' Personally, no wonder that i feel so disconnect now, for me, there's almost none of it at Chelsea anymore, such a shame!

Some think he's lost it, i think he's back to his best, looks so calm. We'll see how it goes. One thing is sure, thread will be very busy in years to come.

C'mon now. I know you're still backing Mourinho but him looking calm when he's just joined a club is nothing new. It's got nothing to do with him being back to his best (we'll have to see that with the results). It was only 3 years ago he did the interview on his return and he looked calm, peaceful and we all know what happened after that.

3 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

I'm not saying that's right. But for me there's a difference between relationships between manager and fans (something emotional) and relationships between manager and people in the club (working relationships). I would be dissapointed as anyone if Jose had a bad words about fans that supported him during hard times. And I also don't think that calling people "great professionals" is something disrespectful.

No but what gives him the right to say that the people at United love the club more than others elsewhere? Are you telling me that those other people don't love the club that they work at as much as those fellas apparently do at United? It's so bloody obvious that Mourinho is being hypocritical and pandering towards United, just because they are his new club.

Just now, Fernando said:

From reading and listening he definitely lost it. 

In fact he seems desperate now, the whole list of youth reeks of desperation. 

Like I said it's not pep who I expect to take the limelight but it will be managers like Conte, klopp, pochetino and such. 

At Chelsea it was a different situation, but at the moment he seems calm and witty. How does he cope with real life? 'You can tell me his (Rooney's) pass is amazing, but my pass is also amazing without pressure.'
A good comparison made by the maestro himself, will he ever fall back in old patterns when things aren't going his way?! Pure speculation and personal bias. As Rio once said, footie is a game of opinions, if i want to convince you, i've to put in an essay, same applies to you. Not the time, i guess.

I agree with you on Klopp. I've watched him closely in Germany, a character and he definitely knows stuff.
Still hope he ends up overestimating Moreno, an even bigger liability than Fabregas, IMO.

Conte is aggressive as fuck, i've formed my opinion on certain individual players and i'm not that confident long term. But we're living in the here and now, so if Chelsea buy (apart from that new Belgian dude) 2 or 3 class players, we can put in a challenge.

I'm not convinced of Pochettino. Last season everything was going their way. The Euros could have destroyed a lot of self-confidence of some of the crew members.

Finally, Klopp is top class for me, Conte above average and Pochettino, not that convinced. In my point of view Mourinho's team has the higher ceiling and for me only Klopp can take him on but i can see Mourinho being the winning one, but no one really knows, you could be right. Everyone has his favorite candy.

28 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Your sig picture is a bit unnerving Iggy - is it Mesut Ozil ?

It's my passport photo FB !. I must admit I can't remember where it came from Ozil's eyes and Moe from the Three Stooges hair

If Jose ever tries to eye gouge or shout out Portuguese obscenities at one of our staff i'm sure Conte will kick his fkn ass like a crazy Italian mobster. :shoot:

45 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

I loved his latest part about managing style. Then again the average fan would be scratching his head trying to understand that unknown language "Attack all the time because it looks pretty" :lol:
Thread is already quite busy, with people over scrutinizing his every word so they can try to bash him. Gonna be quite fun, obsessed I would define them. Ironic.
He's had nothing to say but good things about Chelsea's fans, that's what's important.

Once Conte will be sacked, because it's gonna happen, useless to hang about, I think that connection I still have with the club could be as good as gone. A man can still hope though.

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

C'mon now. I know you're still backing Mourinho but him looking calm when he's just joined a club is nothing new. It's got nothing to do with him being back to his best (we'll have to see that with the results). It was only 3 years ago he did the interview on his return and he looked calm, peaceful and we all know what happened after that.

Does anyone held a degree in psychology so we can settle this dispute once and for all?! How can i put gut feeling into words? It's just my impression, could give you some adjectives, but what good is it for? I can't convince you that back then Jose was less enthusiastic or whatever you add to that than he's today. I'm throwing the towel early! You said, 'we'll have to see that with the results.' That's the right and only way to settle, imo. What i can say is that it's gonna be one hell of a ride before the final gong (takes at least 3 years), until then the 'Kevin de Bruyne' thread is a foretaste for what's coming in the upcoming months/years. Don't know yet whether i'm staying put on here, but that's got nothing to do with the debate.

Mourinho about Chelsea (last interview):

'I was in trouble for the last five months: the first month was fine, the second month was not so good and after the second month it was a disaster.' 

Things do go wrong in life, sometimes a smile doesn't last forever. If you're stuck in a downward spiral and it's the first time, guess what?! Drowning is a possibility. Every relationship differs than the one before but you always gain more experience. Even if i were to agree with you on Jose starting to look as the same 'calm and peaceful man' that he's currently being portrayed as, the whole situation is in my point of view different, it's not only the aformentioned experience, what i'm speaking of is this time, he's calling all of the shots, IMO.

To be fair, the second paragraph was an outlook into the future and got not so much to do with what you've said. You simply stated that there're no visible differences concerning Jose now and three years ago. With that, i can't argue, only thing is to dig and dig a bigger hole and that's not what i'm looking for. I know that people are careful with each and every point, so i start being careful too.

Regards!

2 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I loved his latest part about managing style. Then again the average fan would be scratching his head trying to understand that unknown language "Attack all the time because it looks pretty" :lol:
Thread is already quite busy, with people over scrutinizing his every word so they can try to bash him. Gonna be quite fun, obsessed I would define them. Ironic.
He's had nothing to say but good things about Chelsea's fans, that's what's important.

Once Conte will be sacked, because it's gonna happen, useless to hang about, I think that connection I still have with the club could be as good as gone. A man can still hope though.

That's what i call proper Jose Mourinho! Brilliant interview, it was well thought out and he put things quite eloquently, there aren't many coaches out there who can do that better, imo. That break did him some good, exactly as you've called it!

Football is still a team game and even though we were a special unit for two years, something wasn't right in the third year and the maestro himself has to shoulder some of the blame. But the board's overall decison making must be put into severe questioning. I simply can't understand how it's only the coach who's been burned. It's not fair!

The board completely sucks off to all first teamers. For example Malouda received a complete different treatment because of less than the likes of Hazard, Fabregas and most of the others. After what i've seen from Belgium/Spain and after what they did all season, i think it's gonna be a huge error to build the team around any of them. Board doesn't give a damn, what 's happening?! Go out and buy another of Eden's friends. Belgium FC, golden generation, they can do no wrong, can't quickly enough jump on the hype train.

To me, it looks like bullshit, they must take the fans for stupid idiots, so many cows which could be endlessly milked in years to come, how can anyone put up with something like that without questioning!? Unbelievable...
No passion, it's all business. Fuck the fans, some get lucky and others must be put down at all cost. The club lost its way, its identity, just mercenaries all around these days. Maybe that's what the sibneft-crew has anticipated all along...the club is broken and divided thanks to them.

Ferguson one day ago and that's all you need to know:

"I think Jose was wrong to go back to Chelsea. It's always difficult when you go back somewhere for a second time.
He's won the European Cup twice with different clubs and won titles with all the clubs he's been at. You can't ignore his record and I think Manchester United is the right kind of club for him."

People say Ferguson didn't want him back, i say, bring on the wine! Can you imagine these two working together?! It doesn't get any better than this, simple as!

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Are 50% of them still playing football ? Anyway, this topic about young players Mou promoted is pointless, especially now where fans want titles, at any club, youngsters are less and less making it in big clubs, even if its in the clubs tradition and all those fairies.He wins titles, with Ibra upfront, they wont ask him why he didnt use youth.

10 hours ago, Adnane said:

Dude has really lost the plot, he became incredibly obsessive with everything surrounding him. 

In his third season at Real Madrid he became so obsessed that he instructed his assistants to buy ALL the newspapers everyday and read everything Mourinho related. Every assistant had to make a summary of what he had read and hand it to Mourinho. 

He's shown yesterday with that list of 49 players he's supposed to have promoted that he is still obsessed with what media writes about him. That was cringe, absolute comedy of a topic that Mourinho himself opened yesterday at the presser.