Newcastle v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes the first tough decision Jose will have to make in midfield this season then.

Considering Hazard is undroppable, that leaves two spots for the trio of Oscar,Willian,Pedro, and to a lesser extent Kenedy.

Who will be left out?

You have confirmed squad above your post. It would be huge surprise to me if there would be any change unless Jose doesn't want to stir things up again and play JT to cool down the press/tension. He hinted after Walsall that JT will be in the squad but not sure if that means first XI.

Pedro is nailed on position he offers good work-rate while being way more efficent in attack comparing to Willian. It's really straight battle between Willian and Oscar but seeing what Oscar brought to the team after his comeback and how things start to work he won't be dropped.

Actually this very fixture is the most memorable one for me, probably because the emotions it brought. I can clearly remember all 4 recent visits to Newcastle, I remember all goals but also chances wasted, ruined counters, multiple match situations etc. The game in 11-12 season with 0:3 win, Chelsea's recent win there, wasn't as straightforward as scoreline suggests, I was very frustrated watching that game with all that chances wasted and leaving the game on the edge. Then 3 straight loses, all three avoidable. The recent one that ended unbeaten streak ... It's always tense over there !

But can't see anything but a win. I watched their 4 games so far, they're the worst team in the league, there's no "P" manager anymore either so I'm not worried. Yes, streak is awful there but we're on the roll, even Ramires plays actual football. We can actually fix our goal diffrence with this fixture I think.

Actually this very fixture is the most memorable one for me, probably because the emotions it brought. I can clearly remember all 4 recent visits to Newcastle, I remember all goals but also chances wasted, ruined counters, multiple match situations etc. The game in 11-12 season with 0:3 win, Chelsea's recent win there, wasn't as straightforward as scoreline suggests, I was very frustrated watching that game with all that chances wasted and leaving the game on the edge. Then 3 straight loses, all three avoidable. The recent one that ended unbeaten streak ... It's always tense over there !

But can't see anything but a win. I watched their 4 games so far, they're the worst team in the league, there's no "P" manager anymore either so I'm not worried. Yes, streak is awful there but we're on the roll, even Ramires plays actual football. We can actually fix our goal diffrence with this fixture I think.

I agree. the matches there are always really intense and full of struggles. in 2011, sturridge raped newcastles leftback time and time again, the older members will remember that sturridge got absolute lightning pace before he injured himself when at liverpool (still very fast though) just too shoot wide or force a wonder save of tim krul but drogba opened the scoring shortly after the break. up until the 89th minute they pressed for the equalizer but then there was some defelected shot in their box which fell right onto kalou's foot. krul was out of the goal and newcastle had 2 defenders on the line so it was really difficult to score there. kalou however shot just into kruls right forearm so the ball deflected behind him and out of the reach of the defenders. typical kalou finish, unclean but lucky. sturridge then crowned his excellent performance with a beautiful solo goal. the year after was when mata and lampard scored epic goals to give us the lead but we still lost to a moussa sissoko extraclass.

Due to living in Newcastle, I have been to a few of their games this season, including Wednesday's loss to Sheffield Wednesday. Whilst not been their 100% first team (Mitrovic is back for Saturday and he can't be worse than de Jong trust me!!!), it was a team which included lots of the players who will start on Saturday. Having been to the last 2 seasons away games at Newcastle (2 loses) I am reserved to say this, but I cannot say how bad Newcastle were on Wednesday. Anita is the least physical player I have ever seen and everything attempted to go through him, any pressure and he is woeful. They held the ball well between their back 4 (due to no pressing game whatsoever from Sheff) but in terms of making any sort of attempt to move the ball forward, they were terrible! Florian Thauvin / Wijnaldum are nothing to be scared of at all and their left back Haidara I have no idea how he is a professional footballer (think he is doubt though, so Mbemba may move to Left Back, he cannot deliver and he shot for a throw in on Wed night, but is decently athletic). Although its a bogey ground for us, if in the first 10 mins Newcastle give the the ball away and we start bright, THE FANS WILL TURN ON THEN. I have never seen an atmosphere like it when the players are forced to clap the fans by McClaren and the fans been openly abusive at the players, no booing but open verbal abuse!! Newcastle were on a decent run when they beat us last year, but without been too confident, it should be a formality.