Eva Carneiro Leaves Chelsea

Billy.

Not what he's saying. Being a doctor ranks pretty low in the football management hierarchy. In terms of a "valuable job" in the football world, doctors are entirely dispensable. Managers like Mourinho are not.

Depends on the situation. In a medical situation the doctor is the highest authority and the football manager is in fact just a football manager in such a situation.

Hazard was face down on the ground and the referee called the medical staff on to the pitch, twice even. There was no way of knowing what the extent of Hazard's injuries were.

I understand Mourinho's point about being a man down and not wanting to be down another man but the way he responded was just ridiculous.

I can understand that in the heat of the moment he'd yell at them. I can place that as emotions getting the better of him but to then afterwards insult them by calling them naive and then replacing them on the bench for the next games is just childish.

This entire situation has been handled in such a piss poor manner. Why couldn't he just keep this in house. Just talk to them person to person and explain to them what he expects from them in such a situation. Treat people with some god damn respect.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She could be back mate - if as it seems we are not contesting her claim, she has remedies open to her and one of those is reinstatement

If the board haven't contested her claim, chances are they would be OK with reinstatement, it's then up to Eva if she wants to.

I'm pretty cool with that in all honesty and hope it happens, Eva had a nice vibe on the bench with the players

Wow man, the media is actually slightly obsessed with this aren't they?

Why on earth this will 'open the door' baffles me. Eva's gone, whether right or wrong we really should move on from this whole fiasco. It was unneeded and savage, but ffs the woman is suing us!

Eva Carneiro's personal legal action against Jose Mourinho will continue despite him parting company with the club (Eurosport) #CFC

No moves have yet been made to explore that situation - Carneiro being reinstated if Mourinho left the club - taking place. #CFC (Eurosport)

As far as the club was concerned the issue was the facebook entry, not Jose's ranting in the sidelines.

As always, it was the "Chelsea friendly" journalists who dartedly made it known to everybody in the five continents on the day.
The people who watched the game saw some comings and goings in the Chelsea bench but their attention was on what was happening on the pitch in the last two minutes of the match, not the bench. The journalists made it public.
Then the woman reacted. It's natural for someone-anyone to react.
But no one stepped in to extinguish the fire.
She could have made a second post saying "the insignificant bench issue was the product of misunderstanding", Jose could say "I 'm sorry" and that was going to be the end of it. Instead of doing that they escalated and we hear things about "medical ethics", about the womens lib movement having come under threat and all the rest of it.
In my opinion some third party is to blame.