Would loosing Lampard be a Blessing in Disguise?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, I know no-one agrees with me but I'm with Mikel on this one. If he's going, he's going, that's football and we move on. Nobody is irreplaceable and if he's decided to go back on everything he's said then that's entirely up to him.

Mate, there's no more loyalty in the world of football anymore, money literally overtakes the whole of their lives and that's why sometimes, clubs can't hold on to their best players.

Players just want money all the time, and to me, it just ruins the beauty of the game.

If the reports about his contract negotiations are true then I'm with the club on this one. I read that it had nothing to do with the actual money, it was about the length of contract. Chelsea offered a 2 year extension - and after getting caught out giving Sheva a 5 year one at his age, who can blame them? - Lampard however, was rumoured to want an extra 4 years on top. Surely expecting any club to give you a contract that size until you're 37 would be financial suicide?

i cannot believe this :|

I really hope this is not true Lampard along with Terry is the face of Chelsea i cannot believe he would leave to join Inter

Edited by Kez

Same. No deal can be agreed without Kenyon, who's STILL on fucking holiday.

The thing is BL, I think that it could,regardless of where Uncle Fester is, he like everyone else at Chelsea, has to do exactly what he is told. So I think a phone call from Buck or Roman himself whilst holidaying, isn't out of the question. But I hope I am completely wide of tha mark. and this story is bollocks.

ON a positive note, there is a sense of calmness with the club regarding Lampards contract. They are showing the similar attitude they showed when they went about securing the manager, and thats getting the work done without making too much fuss about it in the media .

I am sure Lampard will get his contract sorted out and shut the trap of these media personnel.