Kenedy

the wes

Re Oscar, I said three years ago that he wasn't up to it, that the he's tired nonsense was just a silly excuse and that we needed an upgrade. I won't blame you for being so late to the party. :)

I'm sure you are prepared to change your mind when presented with evidence which you find convincing. I'd like to think that I am too. Indeed I've already changed my mind about Kennedy to an extent as a result of better evidence. I think you will too but let me confirm what I am, and am not, saying about Kennedy. I am not saying that he isn't a decent player, I am saying that his technique is not better than Eden's, which was your contention that I replied to in the first place.

My impression about Robert's technique was formed when watching his youtube videos and confirmed by watching him play since. His touch is often loose and particularly so on the dribble. He simply does not have that ball tied to his boots level of control with which Eden bamboozles opponents. His style is more to power past and out sprint defenders.

Where I have changed my mind is in regard to my expectations for Kennedy. Based on those youtube videos I was not encouraged about his chances but, when I saw the tremendous energy and desire he displayed against Barca (and since) I began to hope that he might find a role in the squad. I like the bloke enormously and really want it to happen for him here but his weaknesses, and not just his strengths, were there for all to see in that first appearance as well as in others since.

P.S. Just look at what happens to the ball in your signature video. Look at the way Robert ends up having to chase after it. Obviously one example, good or bad, proves nothing but I'm afraid that gif reveals one more piece of evidence of what I'm saying.

About Oscar, I can give you the link of my post in 2013.

============

First about that Elastico, when there is space why not use it? Even Ronaldinho (who is king of Elastico) is chasing the ball in this scene:

j0ylq1nu7c28sjuq8yfs.gif

Technique is not just keeping the ball tied to your boots.

When you say "His style is more to power past and out sprint defenders" you mean like this:

FloweryZestyCapybara.gif

Right?

Bale showed his Technique in that scene and the ball was not tied to his boots.

Or this scene:

52909899674700658457.gif

The way a player shoots the ball is also called technique. Bale has scored many times like this:

BackFeistyDungbeetle.gif

Now the question is can Kenedy do this? I believe he can. And as I said, let's see what happens in future.

============

If technique was just about "having the ball tied to one's boots", then Blanco had the best technique:

blanco-hop-o.gif

About Oscar, I can give you the link of my post in 2013.

============

First about that Elastico, when there is space why not use it? Even Ronaldinho (who is king of Elastico) is chasing the ball in this scene:

j0ylq1nu7c28sjuq8yfs.gif

Technique is not just keeping the ball tied to your boots.

When you say "His style is more to power past and out sprint defenders" you mean like this:

FloweryZestyCapybara.gif

Right?

Bale showed his Technique in that scene and the ball was not tied to his boots.

Or this scene:

52909899674700658457.gif

The way a player shoots the ball is also called technique. Bale has scored many times like this:

BackFeistyDungbeetle.gif

Now the question is can Kenedy do this? I believe he can. And as I said, let's see what happens in future.

============

If technique was just about "having the ball tied to one's boots", then Blanco had the best technique:

blanco-hop-o.gif

Ok then I congratulate you for arriving at the party not long after I did.

There is a difference between intentionally pushing the ball into space then getting after it, and having to chase it because your touch was loose. In your gif the ball simply does not go where Kennedy expected it to. That is the point about Robert's control.

On your he's better at it than Eden contention, let's agree to disagree. For now. :)

Edited by OhForAGreavsie
Changed (improved?) the way the point is expressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiddink says he will not allow Brazilian forward Kenedy to leave in January and plans to hand opportunities to more of the club's young players this season

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chelsea-guus-hiddink-insists-brazilian-starlet-kenedy-will-have-first-team-role-this-season-1537553?

i have a feeling guus is not going to sign anybody in the transfer window maybe its a good thing most of the TC members have been crying out to play the young players 

Am I the only one who thought he was poor apart from the goal?

Sure, he ran a lot, but he gave the ball away cheaply sooo many times and got beaten too easily on the wing a couple of times. 

That said, even playing with 10 would have been an upgrade on Pedro's first half performance! 

1 hour ago, CHOULO19 said:

Am I the only one who thought he was poor apart from the goal?

Sure, he ran a lot, but he gave the ball away cheaply sooo many times and got beaten too easily on the wing a couple of times. 

That said, even playing with 10 would have been an upgrade on Pedro's first half performance! 

He was fine. I don't expect genius ball retention or decision making from a ninteen year-old.

Just now, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

The fact that he is our most promising left back option despite a vast sum of money on that position is astounding.

just blood him there, it's the most obvious place he will ever get a place in the team.

Why play him at LB when hes shown hes clearly got enough about his game to play on the left wing and probably the right if needed? I really like this kid and hope he gets a chance to play as often as he can but hes obviously not a left back, hes a left winger/striker, no point reinventing him, would just kill his career. 

23 hours ago, Kieran. said:

HAS to start over Pedro if Hazard isn't fit. Maybe start both of them.

Yeah man. Pedro's 'adapting' period has come at the wrong time for us and Kenedy looks hungry enough not to let it phase him. He's not much worse anyway and once Hazard's fit he'll be fine to finish the season strong

He seems to be in a great frame of mind right now. Coming on as an impact sub against tired legs multiple times now and performing admirably. Hard to judge him in a regular situation since he never starts.

You'd think Hiddink wouldn't play Pedro with Pedro performing so poorly but it's unlikely away at the Emirates. As poor as Pedro has been, he's been doing his defensive duties and he does it quite well. Still, would be nice to see Kenedy start. But that would not be the Chelsea way.