Kenedy

the wes

We have so little true blues in our squad nowdays, I wish Kenedy gets the chance. He seems to genuinely like to play for Chelsea.

People forget that despite money is controling alot, some players will still give more to certain team than others due to being loyal. For example Lampard who was lesser player than Kaka but he suited us much more due to his loyalty for Chelsea.

Kenedy needs to be given chance. He isnt as huge talent, but sometimes will to perform for club you like is more than just talent. When big games come, you need warriors, players who would die for the club. Sadly we dont have many such players nowdays.

Give chance to Kenedy, bring Bertrand back and buy another englishman. That would be proper start of rebuilding this team.

Because at this moment, we are losing all the identity of what our club represented.

but saying that luke shaw went to utd for money and he was a chelsea supporter the wee shithead :angry::angry::angry:

• 2 weeks later...

He is like the most skilfull LB I have ever seen. The number of times he beat a player with a neat trick I have lost counting. Amazing ball control. Also did ok defensively. He really should be used higher up the pitch whilst Pedro should take more of an impact sub role.

He is like the most skilfull LB I have ever seen. The number of times he beat a player with a neat trick I have lost counting. Amazing ball control. Also did ok defensively. He really should be used higher up the pitch whilst Pedro should take more of an impact sub role.

He was playing as a winger or striker in Brazil, he is not even defender.

Going to ruin a nice little player

He has actually looked a lot better at LB, his best two displays were here and vs Palace, against Everton and Liverpool he looked like rabbit caught in headlights.

Sometimes wingers get moved to full back, and more often than you think it actually works.

He has actually looked a lot better at LB, his best two displays were here and vs Palace, against Everton and Liverpool he looked like rabbit caught in headlights.

Sometimes wingers get moved to full back, and more often than you think it actually works.

Against palace he was asleep for the 2nd goal. Can't blame a 19 year old forward though.

Against Everton and liverpool, name one player who even looked like they wanted to be on the pitch.

I honestly can't even see the benefit of playing a 19 year old winger as a full back. We are Chelsea. Not some pub team. Unfortunately, this is what happens when your manager has no forward vision and no intention of rotating his squad. Otherwise we might have had Bertrand or Luis.

Guess I was day dreaming earlier as it took me until mid-way through to 2nd half to realize it was Kenedy and not Baba Rahman who was playing at left back. :lol::doh:

Thought he did well in that position - both offensively and defensively. Just a surprise that Norwich didn't try to target him more in the game.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/11/final-whistle-verdict--fully-deserved.html?extcmp=SOCIA_TW_ENG_NEWS_POSTMATCH

The manager explained his reason for deploying Kenedy, who made his first Premier League start, at left-back

‘He’s an attacking player, he was playing in a position where he wasn’t really a left-back. We were ready for them to come and play with four at the back, which they did, but we were also ready for them to play with five at the back which they did against Man City, so I wanted to have a player in that position who could adapt to both situations. If they played with five at the back I would have played with three at the back and used Kenedy as a left winger. When they came with four we knew what we had to do.’

I actually like the move to LB. Never good enough to start for (the real) Chelsea up front imo. It would be great to have a genuine attacking threat from fullback and a defender that's comfortable on the ball. You can teach a player to defend but you can't teach a player to attack.

(Someone should've shifted Ramires to RB for example a long time ago. His technique would even be poor as a fullback, never mind midfield)

The only thing that makes this move to LB ridiculous is the fact that you invested a hefty amount in an actual leftback and now prefer a forward in his position.

@DYC., but at the expense of Azpi? In any sane manager's mind, then Azpi should be our undisputed RB. But we all know that isn't, and won't be the case.

This is why I can't even entertain the idea of Kenedy at LB. Because he's skirting around the glaring fact that Ivan is past it as a RB. The whole team is being catered around the premise that Ivanovic MUST START every match when fit. And granted he's not our ONLY problem, but it cannot be denied he's been a major liability.

@DYC., but at the expense of Azpi? In any sane manager's mind, then Azpi should be our undisputed RB. But we all know that isn't, and won't be the case.

This is why I can't even entertain the idea of Kenedy at LB. Because he's skirting around the glaring fact that Ivan is past it as a RB. The whole team is being catered around the premise that Ivanovic MUST START every match when fit. And granted he's not our ONLY problem, but it cannot be denied he's been a major liability.

No. Never. But I've chosen to stick my head in the concrete when it comes to Ivanovic.

Not that I minded Azpi on the bench today. Nice extended rest for him. Busy times ahead and I'm sure he'll play everything.