Kenedy

the wes

So what's up with this guy? Is he joining us? If so, is he going out on loan?

I read a post somewhere here that the club were hoping Kenedy would be granted a UK work permit. No idea on what authority that claim was made but, if it's true then presumably they are waiting for the completion of that process before deciding his loan destination.

Wow. Had an incredible debut. Pressing galore, tracking back, quick on the counter, and great interplay with the other attackers.

Soooo impressed! I think he could be that elusive Right-winger we've been craving for, guys. I'm really excited.

If this deal hasn't been finalized, I think we should bump his price from the reported 6m to 10m, and just get over the bloody work permit thing. He didn't look out of place at all.

Yep.

To be honest this twit does not make any sense. Kennedy is not a Fluminense's player anymore. Actually he was sold about one month ago. The problem is: he was sold to a investment fund, and If I can remember, Premier League banned "third-party ownership of players".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/why-premier-league-banned-third-party-ownership-players

To be honest this twit tweet does not make any sense. Kennedy is not a Fluminense's player anymore. Actually he was sold about one month ago. The problem is: he was sold to a investment fund, and If I can remember, Premier League banned "third-party ownership of players".

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/why-premier-league-banned-third-party-ownership-players

Not so. This misinterpretation is caused by the shorthand we all use when talking about player ownership.

No one, and no organisation ever owns a player. What is owned is the players economic rights and, more importantly, his registration. The economic rights affect who the player may, or may not, sign a contract with but it's the registration which affects who he can, or cannot, play for. The Brazillian club own his registration so Kennedy is a Fluminense player. For now.

Not so. This misinterpretation is caused by the shorthand we all use when talking about player ownership.

No one, and no organisation ever owns a player. What is owned is the players economic rights and, more importantly, his registration. The economic rights affect who the player may, or may not, sign a contract with but it's the registration which affects who he can, or cannot, play for. The Brazillian club own his registration so Kennedy is a Fluminense player. For now.

Not sure if there is any kind os misinterpretation, because I'm not sure if you really believe no one knows that no organisation ever owns a player, and actually what is owned is player's economic rights, and I'm not sure if you don't understand that, when people say someone "owns a player" they mean "someone owns the players economic rights".

In the link I just posted above (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/why-premier-league-banned-third-party-ownership-players) you can just read:

"In December, Platini said: "We cannot accept that players are owned by an agent or an entity, or financial institutions. It is hard to understand that footballers, who have battled so much to be independent of clubs, ending the old contract situation [with the 1995 Bosman ruling], are now controlled by third-party funds. I do not accept that. I am going to fight with all my strength against that."

I hope you understand he just said "we cannot accept that players economic rights are owned by an agent...".

About Kenedy, believe me, Fluminense does not own economic rights or any kind of Kenedy's registration. He is an ex-Fluminense player, he was sold about one month ago to an investment fund. A player doesn't need to be registered to any club before signing for another, thats why we have free agents.

This authorization thing is something to no create problems in Premier League. Selling players for investment funds is pretty common in SA.

Since 3 months ago, Brazilian press was reporting Fluminense would sell Kenedy for an investment funds, who then was going to "give" Kenedy's rights to Chelsea. About one month ago, Fluminense confirmed Kenedy was sold. He is not under contract with Fluminense, so, if Chelsea did not registered him yet, then he is a free agent, but definitely not a Fluminense player.

The whole thing is weird. It reminds me of Traore situation. He joined Chelsea academy in 2010, even joined the squad in pre season in 2013, 3 months before signing any official contract with Chelsea. I'm pretty sure it was the same situation: talented player coming from low economically developed football, 100% he was owned by investments funds who let he play for Chelsea, before finally selling for the club for the right price.

Kenedy is the same. Perhaps he will never play an official match for Chelsea, but he definitely will sign a contract with Chelsea at some point.

Looks like he has the physical game to succeed perhaps where Lucas Piazon didn't. Of the other young South Americans signings I remember Wallace having a good pre-season two years ago. Let's hope this one is different and he does make it back from loan land.

Looks like he has the physical game to succeed perhaps where Lucas Piazon didn't. Of the other young South Americans signings I remember Wallace having a good pre-season two years ago. Let's hope this one is different and he does make it back from loan land.

Not sure if the club will sign Kenedy thinking about using him in the first team, or using him as a Chelsea player at all.

The club's strategy is pretty clear: they just buy any player from low economically football that has a nice market in Europe. Players from Brazil, Africa and Mid/East Europe are really cheap. After some years playing for another club, they just sell the player for a good profit. If the player is good enough and attract the current manager's attentions, they can even play for the club. Thats a pretty decent strategy if you ask me.

Thats why in recent years the club is buying lots of young players who will never make it here. Actually what the club is doing is pretty clear: the club is acting like those investments funds. I guess what, no one can say its illegal, but its not. Now I'm certain the club bought players like Piazon, Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne, Wallace, Kenedy and others just because they were cheap at some point, and they could mean a nice profit in the future. But of course the club will come up with the official version: they need experience.

That's nonsensical. Oscar was a young player coming from Brazil a he was starting UCL games in his first season. Same to Hazard. To be honest I don't expect Kenedy to even play any official game for Chelsea, same to the other Brazilian guy, Nathan. Piazon was not sold yet because he failed to make attract attention of other teams willing to pay a nice amount of money.

Not sure if the club will sign Kenedy thinking about using him in the first team, or using him as a Chelsea player at all.

I don't think the decide it now if a player will play here or not. Who the hell knew four years ago that Courtois can challange Cech? Or that Traoré becomes a first team member in less than two years.

We buy players with great potential, loan them out and everything else is up to them. We wouldn't sign a player if we didn't believe in him.