Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Like some people have said, I think he has been misunderstood. A few weeks ago he was saying he is happy at the Bridge and wants to kick on and have a better season with us. All he just said is he wants to return to Barca some time but he did not say he wants to leave this summer. Anyway, I hope he stays simply because I believe there is more to come from him and hopefully a second season in England will bring out a more consistent player. After all, with the awful season we had he was our 3rd highest top scorer so he clearly has some worth as a squad player.

PEDRITO:”BARCELONA MY DREAM CLUB AND I WANT TO GO BACK”

It has been a bumpy first season in Chelsea Blue for Pedro Rodriguez, who was signed to help us get rid of our early bad form before it could get out of hand and drags us to the relegation zone. He and our other players have sadly failed to achieve that to a large extent-to his credit though, his debut match was quite promising and showed what he is capable of doing. Unfortunately, he has struggled to replicate THAT performance, and has looked very much lost in his new surroundings.Pedro’s lack of success in the Premier League has naturally evoked rumors linking him with a move back home, specifically to Barcelona, and even though he has indirectly implied before that he wants to stay here and try to do better, it seems as though his heart-or certainly part of it- is still in Catalunya, as per BeIN Sport:

“Hopefully , I know it’s difficult, I spoke with the president when we saw each other at the Cup final and I also spoke with all the people who love me there”“It’s complicated, but I’ve always said I would like to retire at Barca.“The years have passed and Barca have some of the best players in the world, it’s a very demanding club and coming back is complicated, but I can’t rule it out”

Many have interpreted this as a plea to the Spanish Champions to rescue him from the rain and cold of London, but it is much more likely a comment concerning his long term future, but one can never know, and it does not really sound nice when our player is talking about  another team while he’s still with us; kind of like when a man tells his girlfriend:”you know, you’re great and I hope we enjoy each other’s company for a couple of years, but what I’m really looking forward to is getting back with my ex after we split up”Such statements don’t really inspire us to dream of winning things and regaining our status in world football with Pedro in our ranks, and speaking of dreaming, he also said this:

“I spent 11 or 12 years in Barcelona, my family are there and a lot of my friends, as well. The fans love me a lot, I felt valued by the club, and it’s always very tough to leave the club of your dreams.“Ultimately, I had to make that decision because I saw that my chances had become exhausted.”

It is not at all surprising to hear such words from a man who is 100% made in Barcelona, especially with the club being more than just a club for many young players who basically grow up and learn about life in the famous La Masia. So his attachment to that institution is understandable and even expectable.What cannot be expected however, is whether his emotions will force a move back there soon, if ever-as even Pedro admits that it is incredibly competitive at La Blaugrana- and it is also hard to foretell how much of the 28 year-old’s concentration our club can enjoy, if he is so homesick.What do these statements mean? Does Pedro really want to stay here? If he had the chance to go back home, would he do it? Or would he maybe pick the middle route and move to Man City along with Guardiola? All of these questions will hopefully be answered once transfer deadline day is over this summer.

TalkChelsea.net

Capture.PNG

http://app.football-espana.net/?referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-espana.net%2F59148%2Fpedro-backtracks-barca-claim#article/footballespana-59148

Pedro backtracking his quote the another day I Can't stand players who at your club have their mind else where instead off think about playing for Chelsea 2bh I don't think Barcelona wants him back 

2 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

How is he backtracking? In that initial interview they ask him, if he would like to come back to Barcelona. He answered that he would like to come back ONE DAY, because he would like to retire at Barca. He never said that he wants to leave Chelsea this summer.

Press: "Would you like to come back to Barcelona?"

Pedro: "One day".

Press: "PEDRO WANTS TO LEAVE CHELSEA AFTER ONE SEASON!"

Pedro: "No, that's not what I said".

Press: "PEDRO BACKTRACKS!"

A case of people reading what they want to read when they don't like someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Pedro is now wearing the number 11 Jersey, because A. Pato left.

Pedro shirt number switch

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/06/pedro-shirt-number-switch.html

There has been a change to the squad number Pedro will wear on the back of his shirt ahead of the upcoming 2016/17 season.

The Spaniard will take the no.11 shirt - vacated by the departure of Pato - having worn the no.17 on his back during his first campaign in west London.

Eleven is the number Pedro has long worn when representing his national team including at this summer’s European Championships (pictured right). 

-  Chelsea Football Club understands that some supporters will already have purchased the new 2016/17 home shirt with Pedro’s name and the number 17 on the back. We will be offering anybody who has proof of purchase from an official club store a free exchange, subject to availability, from 1 July - 31 July 2016 inclusive. Please contact [email protected] for further details.