Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Was impressed with him last night. Always wanted to get on the ball, caused problems with his movement, directness and ambidexterity. Was unlucky not to score but he is never one who shys away. He actually always his trying to take on his man and make movement. Decent goal return in what has been a dreadful year. Hope we keep him next season a I like what I have seen from him and think he will improve with a better team next season.

12 minutes ago, Stats said:

Was impressed with him last night. Always wanted to get on the ball, caused problems with his movement, directness and ambidexterity. Was unlucky not to score but he is never one who shys away. He actually always his trying to take on his man and make movement. Decent goal return in what has been a dreadful year. Hope we keep him next season a I like what I have seen from him and think he will improve with a better team next season.

I was shocked to see Liverpool couldn't stop him from dribbling! :o

1 hour ago, lucio said:

really? he did loads of terrible passes and was weak and indecisive. not the kind of player we need

He could have been more decisive but he caused them problems and apart from the pass of Hazard which he should have scored, the other two were difficult angles to score from. Even the commentators mentioned yesterday about how lively Hazard and Pedro looked.

I do worry how easily he is knocked off the ball. Willian and Hazard, and even Oscar are far stronger and that is my biggest worry with him. For me, next season I would only want to see either him or Cuadrado not both in the squad. Kenedy and Traore have to be given ample game time to continue developing and neither will if we have 4 internationals out wide and no european football to play.

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

He leaves me scratching my head more than applauding what he does.....The jury is still out for me!

Ive came to the conclusion conclusion him and Costa on the same team doesn't really work.

Both from an individual perspective aren't great technicaly but it can be worked around, like with Pedro at Barca, Villa and Messi made up for Pedros limitations and some, and Pedro did what he was good at which is movement and combinations. In that sense Pedro is probably best equipped out of our attackers to play with Eden, buton the other hand, Costa's movement causes numerous inroads and bar the first half of this season, his scoring record is brilliant.

Basically in short, both have qualities they can bring to the table but I think two technically limited players in attack is too much, so it comes down to one or the other, and as much as I like Pedro, for me the choice is Diego.

P.Rodriguez:"I am really happy here and have no regrets about the decision I made to join Chelsea."

Pedro has had a much better finish to his season in recent months. Having signed for Chelsea for £21m from Barcelona, he has spoken of how he has no regrets about signing for us and how settled he has become here.I really rate Pedro and stand by the fact that he has had a much better end to the season. Why is that the case? It's down to a regular run of games and his confidence which I really hope he carries over to next season.We had all seen just how effective he could be when he played at Barcelona and we have begun to see signs of that here in recent weeks. To finish with eight goals is a good start because let's not forget that the general consensus of opinion is that it takes players from foreign countries who are not used to the Premier League pace and power at least a season to settle into it (Eden Hazard for example).After personally finishing the season on a high and having been called up the provisional Spanish squad for the Euros this summer, Pedro has spoken of his decision to come to Chelsea and said:

'I am already looking forward to next season in terms of what we can achieve and putting the club back where it should be.

Of course when you move away from your city there are certain things you will miss but, generally speaking, I am settled in this country.

I am really happy here and have no regrets about the decision I made to join Chelsea.

Is the best still to come from me? Absolutely. I always keep faith in myself and my abilities.

I'm sure next season will be a great one for me and the club. I'm really looking forward to fighting for the Premier League, which will be a dream for me.' 

Under the guidance of Antonio Conte, Pedro could really become a major influence in this League and one of the first names on our team sheet next season. He has it all, ability, pace, skill and as we have seen a real eye for goals. People talk of Juan Cuadrado but I would take Pedro over him any day of the week.It's important that we keep hold of our best players and those who can really make a difference for the new manager next season. Pedro IS one of those players and by the sounds of it, is more determined than ever to put Chelsea back where they need to be!

chelseadaft.org

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mário César said:

Considering he did the interview with beIN sports, I would be wary of mistranslation or quotes taken out of context. That being said, I believe he did mention before previously that he would like to return and retire at Barcelona in the future. So what he said there is nothing new. The only major thing here is he didn't say he wants to leave this summer and he already said before he wants to stay and succeed under Conte and going back to Barcelona now would be stupid on his part because if he couldn't get into their starting XI 1-2 years ago, he certainly wouldn't get into it now either.

He didn't say he wants to leave this summer, and neither did the article writer. I think the writer just said that, after just one season at Chelsea, he's talked about moving back, not that he's talked about moving back this summer.