Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Like I said in the post match thread, Pedro should now have locked down a starting place. Similarly to Willian he pops up all over the pitch and puts in one hell of a shift. He's got the same kind of energy and stamina.

If he can be more consistent with his finishing and have the same killer instinct that he di against Newcastle he'd be a beast for us. He seems to always get into great positions to score and misses by inches.

On 14/01/2016 at 0:17 PM, Stats said:

People are like Jekyll and Hyde on here. I get he is not playing that well but the majority of the team have been poor as well. I remember when he made his debut here and everyone was so impressed with his performance against WBA and the amount of members who started turning on Willian and stated this is the difference between the two etc and Pedro is twice the player Willian is. Now Willian all of a sudden is most people's favourite.

Willian has been here for a few seasons now and is adjusting to the player we knew he was capable of being. Why not give Pedro the same benefit of the doubt too? He has come to a different culture. He has been use to all his career of playing for a team who has it easy and never been involved in a crisis situation. Even if he comes good by the end of the season or stays poor throughout, I still won't give up on him and will wait for next season under a new manager with hopefully better additions to the squad. Believe me, if the likes of Hazard and co are on top form, Pedro will look amazing.

While he has not been spectacular and on the whole average, he has showed some glimpses of his quality. His goal and assist against WBA in his first game of the season. His assist for Falcao against Palace was quality and his assist for Remy against Leicester was top class.

Arsenal bought Ozil for £42m or so right and he has only started to produce now? Remember last season and one before, how many critics he got for not living up to his potential. Now, he seems fully settled it and currently is arguably player of the season.

So with all what I have said, I am willing to give him time to bide in and hopefully he will make some people eat their hats.

Just going to refer to my post over a month ago. He has showed great signs of improvement recently. The thing I like about Pedro is he never shys away. He always is making movements, looking to make something happen and is a real bonus. I love his all round action as well. Constantly tracking back like Willian does and starting an attack. Like I said before, I don't want to speak too early but let things bide in and I guarantee we will see the best of Pedro. People are too quick to jump on underperforming players and write them off permanently. He is a good player and don't get me wrong, he will have bad games but I think he will prove to be a very good signing and hopefully next season will be a huge bonus in are quest to challenge for the league again.

Like I said in the post I quoted though, it is amazing how Jekyll and Hyde people on here are :rolleyes:

Like most he did nothing, and he's one of the players that I would replace for someone of much higher quality. It's his inconsistency that sticks out for me. One week he looks a real threat and the next he actually looks like a hen being chased around it's pen.

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Like most he did nothing, and he's one of the players that I would replace for someone of much higher quality. It's his inconsistency that sticks out for me. One week he looks a real threat and the next he actually looks like a hen being chased around it's pen.

Probably because he just came from injury.

He was becoming our best player in the few games before his injury. He was doing for us what Hazard should be doing.

1 minute ago, Yeboii said:

Probably because he just came from injury.

He was becoming our best player in the few games before his injury. He was doing for us what Hazard should be doing.

Even when he was fit there was too many up and down games. I really like his workrate but his touch, vision and decision making is more poor than I thought.

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Even when he was fit there was too many up and down games. I really like his workrate but his touch, vision and decision making is more poor than I thought.

Seems to me that he needs to be in the first XI every week to shine every week. True that sometimes he isn't that good, but he always gives it his all. When he has a good game then he is pretty much everywhere and making things happens with a very direct playstyle. As I said, I want Hazard to do this. 

11 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Thought he was alright, plus he had a huge role in setting up the goal...winning possession in the middle of the park, and setting up Willian, in space with a backflick, who then made the pass to Costa

12 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Actually imo pedro is fine

As long as he is not asked to play like hazard, he is a really good player. His movement as wide forward is fantastic, against PSG i saw on instance when he made the same run on the left channel that he ususally made with Barca but Costa could not find him