Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Pedro comes good against Newcastle to give Chelsea boost for their pivotal week

One interesting stat from the article...

The flip side, however, is that quicker transitions and longer passes allow dynamic players more opportunities to win the ball. And for all Chelsea’s problems, Pedro has been doing that more this season (2.86 ball recoveries per 90 minutes) than he did at Barcelona. There his tackles and interceptions per 90 minutes were 2010-11, 2.12; 2011-12, 2.29; 2012-13, 1.81; 2013-14, 2.04; 2014-15, 1.65; 2015-16, 2.86.

On 14/02/2016 at 4:46 AM, Henrique said:

Perhaps he is our new Kalou. Limited, but still can score at least 10 goals per season.

He is versatile, a standard 7/10 player, and works hard for the team. Why not? This is his debut season where he has struggled with poor form and fitness. Under proper management and once he has acclimatised, he could be a Malouda/Anelka/Kalou-esque squad player who can give us 10-15 a season.

31 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

He is versatile, a standard 7/10 player, and works hard for the team. Why not? This is his debut season where he has struggled with poor form and fitness. Under proper management and once he has acclimatised, he could be a Malouda/Anelka/Kalou-esque squad player who can give us 10-15 a season.

I respect Kalou-Malouda-Anelka for all that they did for us in the past. BUT, they were 3 of the most frustrating players to watch. Just like pedro is. Also, lets be real, we are ALWAYS going to have management issues. Our one solution to that problem was stupidly cast aside by the board. Also, we have some exceptional talents in our ranks. The likes of kenedy/musonda/boga are worth taking a risk on rather than having pedro in the squad.

9 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

I had obviously meant JOSE MOURINHO. But I can see that this forum not only dislikes him but almost tends to "hate" when talking about a person who is a legend to the club. I think you are going to disrespect him more, so I really dont want to be a part of this conversation.

Jose has proven he is not a long-term manager.

The Jose from his first spell at Chelsea is dead. Jose used to be the greatest tactician in the game, the way his teams could beat much better teams was amazing. This season he kept playing under Performing players and  continued with tactics that didn't work, demonstrating the old Jose we loved is gone. 

I will always respect Jose for what he has done for this club, he is Chelsea's greatest ever manager. People cannot continue to make excuses, Jose stuffed up in so many ways, he had to go. Roman respected him and kept him in the job longer than he would have any-other manager that stuffed up so badly. If Jose was still here relegation would still be a possibility, which would be disastrous for this club financially. 

Good performance, very industrious as well as a threat going forward, although at times he lost Di Maria going back the way but neat and tidy in possession, rarely gave it away and had a decent half chance if you want to call it that at the end. I think he and Willian have to start our next game for sure, the third slot is a choice between Hazard, Oscar or Kenedy as Hazard wasn't good, Oscar didn't have enough time and Kenedy has impressed in bursts this year but I don't know why he hasn't been in the squad recently. 

My MOTM yesterday. Showed his experience, imo. Was probably the calmest player on the ball and made some very good movements and runs. Was the only one able to retain the ball in that awful start we had and helped us many times break the pressure that PSG were putting. 

On 15/02/2016 at 11:06 AM, chelseafan26 said:

I had obviously meant JOSE MOURINHO. But I can see that this forum not only dislikes him but almost tends to "hate" when talking about a person who is a legend to the club. I think you are going to disrespect him more, so I really dont want to be a part of this conversation.

There are so many people here that hate him it must feel like pins in their eyes each time Stamford Bridge sings Jose's name. Sorry lads we're going to be singing that song for years to come and the more you moan about it, the louder we'll sing and the more we'll enjoy it.

One of those who disrespect Jose posted recently to say that Guss has done ten times better with this squad than Jose did. I'm a Chelsea fan so I love Guss but I also passed a few maths exams and I'm not falling for nonsense like that. What is more, I know how to use Google so if I ever suffer amnesia like that lot do, I can quickly remind myself which team are the current champions of England.

Still standing for The Special One.