Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

I don't think so. If you have the best in your league, your team must get stronger to stay on top.Just think about Arsenal game, a great effort wasn't required to beat them, to be honest.

Yea but we are talking about Arsenal here. Let's not consider Arsenal a top team now.

I actually think he is crucial for our attacks in the past few games. Especially against Arsenal. Simply because he is the only attacker with a direct approach.

How many times did we get into the final third and play a needless extra pass or complicated things more than they should be? He's the only player who actually puts in the ball the first time he gets the chance, shoots at the first sight of goal, and we've been really missing that. Yes, his shooting was off on Saturday but he's been crucial at creating chances, something I feel we are still struggling at.

The reluctance to shoot is almost like a habit that;s been growing for years now. Almost like the boys do it everyday in training. We play so well to bring the ball to the final third, then get cold feet and pass it around again. The no nonsense direct approach is imbibed in Pedro's play and hopefully he doesn't end up losing it.

I actually think he is crucial for our attacks in the past few games. Especially against Arsenal. Simply because he is the only attacker with a direct approach.

How many times did we get into the final third and play a needless extra pass or complicated things more than they should be? He's the only player who actually puts in the ball the first time he gets the chance, shoots at the first sight of goal, and we've been really missing that. Yes, his shooting was off on Saturday but he's been crucial at creating chances, something I feel we are still struggling at.

Wasnt very sure when he came in ... was like 28yr, ... more of a techincal player wouldnt last in the PL, wouldnt cross in the box ... Willian wouldnt be benched ... blab blab ...

But the first touch, run and delivery in that first 5 mins on debut ... was like WTF, we dont play this kind of game and the first 5 mins just cleared out every assumption I had/made ...

Hazard and Willian takes too much time on the ball which at times settles down the tempo and momentum ... whereas Pedro is quick while releasing the ball into the box (guess that is part of the Barca DNA)

I have always maintained that we too slow in distributing the ball ... we just like to keep the ball to ourselves and that becomes so distinct with Pedro is around. As you pointed, the only direct player we have right now.

If we cut down our possession time in the final third by even 1 sec, feel that we will maintain the pacy tempo ... And with more shooting on the target we move up a level ... :) (Ifs and Buts)

I don't think so. If you have the best in your league, your team must get stronger to stay on top.Just think about Arsenal game, a great effort wasn't required to beat them, to be honest.

Agree whole-heartedly.

That's how Fergie built a team that would go on to win the PL 3x on the trot, and get to 3 UCL Finals in 4 years! JM swooped in and set a new standard, better tactics and higher point totals and Fergie responded brilliantly.

Great teams raise the standard that everybody else adheres to. If City win the league by 8+ points like we did last season, and City did the year before. One of the main rivals WILL respond (prob Man U or Us) by buying big in the summer.

It doesn't look good for the EPL when LvG's point total last year wouldn't have been good enough to finish in the top 4 the year Moyes got fired in 13/14.

Our starting XI is already not balanced even before his arrival. It doesn't change much really.

worsens the problem IMO.

Before Pedro we already had 3 poor markers (guys who can't tackle to save their lives): Hazard, Diego, and Fabregas. Then we have OK tacklers, like Oscar and William.

Pedro who doesn't even know what a tackle is (he will foul on every attempt) has lowered the number of defensive minded players in our starting XI. That in addition to Hazard poor fitness, Oscar Injuries, and William's poor form IMO exacerbated the problem you mentioned.

To make things worse, we are no longer employing a low block so we need to press more up front, not less.

I am not surprised the defenders, esp the slower ones are suffering. Cahill will suffer too (because he's not that quick) if things don't improve soon.

worsens the problem IMO.

Before Pedro we already had 3 poor markers (guys who can't tackle to save their lives): Hazard, Diego, and Fabregas. Then we have OK tacklers, like Oscar and William.

Pedro who doesn't even know what a tackle is (he will foul on every attempt) has lowered the number of defensive minded players in our starting XI. That in addition to Hazard poor fitness, Oscar Injuries, and William's poor form IMO exacerbated the problem you mentioned.

To make things worse, we are no longer employing a low block so we need to press more up front, not less.

I am not surprised the defenders, esp the slower ones are suffering. Cahill will suffer too (because he's not that quick) if things don't improve soon.

I take your point but don't think it's fair to attribute that problem to Pedro's inclusion. Fix the other issues and we probably wouldn't even be talking about him. Let's not also forget that Pedro is in a new league and playing a whole different football. Not finding excuses but he clearly needs some time to fully adapt.

I take your point but don't think it's fair to attribute that problem to Pedro's inclusion. Fix the other issues and we probably wouldn't even be talking about him. Let's not also forget that Pedro is in a new league and playing a whole different football. Not finding excuses but he clearly needs some time to fully adapt.

ah I did not mean to say taking pedro off would do it... just that the manage must be cognizant of the fact he's got another attacker on the pitch.

If Pedro deserves his starting positon ( so far he hasn't) then adapt in other areas - formation for example.

I was shocked by our starting XI today. Too open too attacking for an away fixture.

ah I did not mean to say taking pedro off would do it... just that the manage must be cognizant of the fact he's got another attacker on the pitch.

If Pedro deserves his starting positon ( so far he hasn't) then adapt in other areas - formation for example.

I was shocked by our starting XI today. Too open too attacking for an away fixture.

The same can be said about Newcastle. They went with a 4-4-2. That says a lot about how bad our defence is and they realised and exploited it.

The same can be said about Newcastle. They went with a 4-4-2. That says a lot about how bad our defence is and they realised and exploited it.

It's not just the defense - our attacking and possession stats are down too.

No doubt about our terrible form which is another reason to play a bit more defensive. Newcastle are bad but they were playing at home.

Should NOT have been starting that game. We needed pacey hard workers like Willian and Ramires not technical players like Pedro and Fabregas.

I'm really surprised by Jose refusing to make the selection and tactical changes for those tough away games...

Should NOT have been starting that game. We needed pacey hard workers like Willian and Ramires not technical players like Pedro and Fabregas.

I'm really surprised by Jose refusing to make the selection and tactical changes for those tough away games...

This is a myth. willian is more technically gifted than Pedro and fabregas but get your overall point.

he's been shocking since his debut appearance. dwells too long on the ball, turns the ball over and get disposed quite easily, Offers no genuine width and threat offensively. Those who think he's superior to willian and a better option must be joking.

He is and he'll come good.

The team is broken. I'm not even looking at individuals because Matic looks poor, Cesc looks poor, Hazard looks poor, Diego looks poor. It goes on and on. A decent sub appearance from Willian doesn't erase his lackluster performances either.

When Chelsea start looking like a good unit again, then we'll see how good the players are on an individual level.