Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Then how can you say Busquets is a better dm when he hardly does the work of a dm?

Did I say he's the better DM? I'm just saying those kind of stats can be misleading because there are so many factors that affect the numbers. They can't be used as something definite to say 'Player X' is better than 'Player Y'.

But if your team tend to have more possession like 80% of the time, you don't really have to make many tackles and/or interceptions do you?

That is why I can't see how anyone says Busquets is better. He looks good in a team like that. If he was at us, he would be much more exposed and not be able to do what Matic does for us.

Did I say he's the better DM? I'm just saying those kind of stats can be misleading because there are so many factors that affect the numbers. They can't be used as something definite to say 'Player X' is better than 'Player Y'.

My bad. I thought you did. Busquests is a product of that system imo. Matic has done it in different places and if given the chance would thrive in a more possession oriented team.

Couple of nice stats via our friends at the BBC;

• Since 2009-10, only Messi (317) has been involved in more league goals for Barcelona than Pedro (93 - 58 goals, 35 assists)
  • Pedro has been directly involved in more goals with Messi than anyone else in the past five years (28)
  • Only Luis Suarez assisted as many of Messi's 43 goals in La Liga last season as Pedro, despite the Spaniard's limited game-time
  • Chances created: 180

• Win %: 75.98

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33991580