Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Abdul Rahman Baba

Jas
Followers 1

12 minutes ago, Last Sicarius said:

From the other side it can be Iva-Azpi in season :)

11 minutes ago, The Chels said:

That worst-case scenario probably entails another season of Ivanovic though. Damn it. If only The Individual hadn't sold Filipe...

That was the case before this loan. If anything, this loan made that less likely because we are now A LOT more likely to sign a new fullback. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baba's first day at the club.

Let this be the end of Ivanovic please

List of things it took to get this club's best LB games: Mourinho to get fired CB #1 to tear his ACL CB #2 to injure his hamstring Natural RB to move to RB RB to move

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

That was the case before this loan. If anything, this loan made that less likely because we are now A LOT more likely to sign a new fullback. 

Let's hope so!

Club bought him for millions now he's off for half a million for a year. Don't think it's good business, hope Conte was the one who made the call. I wouldn't have loaned him...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
Club bought him for millions now he's off for half a million for a year. Don't think it's good business, hope Conte was the one who made the call. I wouldn't have loaned him...

I have the same train of thought. Seems like bad business on the club's part to try and cut our loss when It's a problem position.

• Like 1

So he is having a medical at Schalke now with a view to a season long loan. Now, I now he did not exactly catch everyone's eye but I think this is stupid from our POV. He is our only natural attacking fullback. Unless we have a replacement in store, this bemuses me but Chelsea being Chelsea, shouldn't really. He is only 22 and was in a very poor team last season but you could see last season that he was very good offensively and I am surprised Conte did not want to work with him this season as I genuinely believe he could have improved him.

Seriously, if this means we are going to keep seeing Azpi at LB, I am going to do my head in. Yesterday showed how much of a bonus it is for when you actually have attacking full backs (Marcelo). Had enough of this inverse full back rubbish. Why do we pay big money for young players then when they don't perform to high standards we give up? That is why you have to work with young players and bide your time with them. This is a huge problem with the club.

• Like 2

Please sign Jonas Hector! Perfect modern fullback.

I see Liverpool are sniffing around him. We should hurry up and snatch him.

Please sign Jonas Hector! Perfect modern fullback.

I see Liverpool are sniffing around him. We should hurry up and snatch him.

Couldn't cross to save his life, i for one would have much rather Baba in the team. For me Hector is average at best and not up to the job for a club like Chelsea.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

Couldn't cross to save his life, i for one would have much rather Baba in the team. For me Hector is average at best and not up to the job for a club like Chelsea.

Looked good for Germnay this summer. I know that's a small sample size, but he's got to be starting for the world champs for a reason, yes? Although it's a bit strange that no other big club has snapped him up yet.

Looked good for Germnay this summer. I know that's a small sample size, but he's got to be starting for the world champs for a reason, yes? Although it's a bit strange that no other big club has snapped him up yet.

For me he was the weakest link in the German side. What i give you is that Hector works hard, covers a lot of ground and isn't bad in duels. What i don't like is his positioning and his attacking contribution is next no nothing, crosses almost always go missing. A country that had a player like Lahm this is such a downgrade, unbelievable...i'm not a fan!

But to keep things into perspective, before Conte has to field out Ivanovic and Azpilicueta (left side), i take Hector.

We'll find out soon enough which direction Hector's career takes...

• Like 2

Sign Ricardo Rodriguez already ffs. Saying it for over 2 years now.

Still very young, can actually cross AND take set-pieces - we all know how shit they have been since Mata left.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, The Mak said:

Sign Ricardo Rodriguez already ffs. Saying it for over 2 years now.

Still very young, can actually cross AND take set-pieces - we all know how shit they have been since Mata left.

I honestly can't get my head over the fact that clubs aren't fighting to sign Rodriguez...

• Like 2
On 25 July 2016 at 11:18 AM, mccg said:

Interesting if Conte can improve him defencely as he is quite average,but I do like him very much going forward reminds me of Babayaro

And you liked Celestine?

I ask because I didn't. I thought him very limited.

2 hours ago, Melanicus said:

I honestly can't get my head over the fact that clubs aren't fighting to sign Rodriguez...

From what I've seen he is painfully slow. There has to be a reason why nobody is signing him

20 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I just hope IF we buy a fullback it's a LEFT BACK. So Azpi can go back on the right. 

Tho funny enough his stats pointed out he had a better time of it defencely on the left ...strange but true.

• Like 1