Baba Rahman

Yeah he is good prospect I guess, but I dont think its wise to bring young players to be our rotation options from bench. We should learn from past season.

I mean, young players need to play week in week out to develop, gain confidence, gain experience. And secondly, bench players should be ones with more experience because you expect them to have IMPACT on pitch when they are brought in. And they need to deliver that any given time (like Remy), not need 10 games to get in form or sth (Salah).

Unless that particular young player is sooo good that he shines any time given and takes spot very soon. But I doubt Baba is that great and no chance he is better than Azpi.

I would either go for a top top younger LB and move Azpi to right, or keep Azpi on left and bring experienced good LB as his backup (we already have that in Luis, but if he wants to leave...)

It does actually make a lot of sense. Luis is likely to leave from what we have heard, Azpilicueta is a monster in the defensive but poor going forward (not to mention right-footed) and Dasilva too young. I have tried to find some Augsburg games and combining that with youtube my opinion is that he is not only highly promising, but already very good.

We would continue next season with the same full-backs starting, and Baba would be Cesar's understudy. Next season he could be ready to be the first choice. Quite pricey yes, but if we manage to secure an excellent left back then 20m euro is nothing over several years.

sounds like arsenal and city have joined the race for Baba Rahman fingers crossed essien puts a good word in for chelsea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3139034/Arsenal-Manchester-City-keeping-tabs-Chelsea-target-Baba-Rahman.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

German side Augsburg have today confirmed that they have not received a bid from Chelsea or anyone else for left back Baba Rahman.

No concrete offer. In other words, Chelsea have not yet gone all in on Baba.

according to Augsburg boss Stefan Reuter, the club are yet to receive any formal offers for the in-demand left-back – dubbing recent reports as ‘pure speculation’.

He recently told German publication Kicker; “There is nothing concrete on our desk regarding Rahman Baba. We are excited by his performances for our club and we can say that he has said he is happy to be here.

“The rumours are pure speculation at the moment,” he added.

Regardless, it’s believed the club value Abdul Rahman Baba at around £15million.

http://thisisfutbol.com/2015/06/blogs/arsenal-and-chelsea-bidding-war-for-ghana-prodigy-dubbed-pure-speculation#XBDA2UJQ2zizpjmE.99

ScreenShot20150701at08.04.18.png?width=2

SportBild this week covers interest from several Premier League clubs in Bundesliga players and one of those is Baba Rahman of Augsburg. The club finished 5th in the Bundesliga last season and there's worry they could be set to use their best young talent. Pierre Højbjerg is almost certainly on his way back to Bayern Munich and the very highly rated young Danish international will be wanted by many clubs if another loan is allowed.

Højbjerg is already something of a national treasure in Denmark and nobody there will want to see the 19 year old limited with chances at Bayern Munich. The expectation from Denmark could prompt either Bayern Munich to give him a real chance or let the youngster go out elsewhere again, even a permanent move isn't off the agenda as it's worked out what is best for Højbjerg.

Another young footballer who excelled at Augsburg last season was Baba Rahman. The Ghanaian was excellent and won himself attention from a variety of clubs. One of those clubs, say SportBild, is Premier League champions Chelsea. German newspaper Bild said at the weekend that Chelsea were in a three-way battle for the player along with Arsenal and Manchester City. His agent Sascha Empacher had apparently held meetings last week in England about the player's future.

Rahman is a 19 year old left back and so would be seen by Chelsea as a replacement for Filipe Luis if he goes back to Atletico Madrid or ends up elsewhere. Augsburg want a minimum of €20m for the player, and if Chelsea could pay that and recoup all of it in a sale of Filipe Luis then it would be good forward looking business.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-s-chase-of-bundesliga-ace-revealed-meetings-with-agent-la

Im just not sure how will Baba young inexperienced LB provide more defensive stability than Luis, CL finalist from team that plays similar to us.

It's not about that at all. Azpilicueta is still our lb Rahman is cover. Very good cover who can grow and become and excellent starter. Luis has 1-2 good years left in him

It's not about that at all. Azpilicueta is still our lb Rahman is cover. Very good cover who can grow and become and excellent starter. Luis has 1-2 good years left in him

Maybe but if there is injury, or simply rotation, I would trust Luis over Baba anyday in near future in CL games for example. I must say I didnt watch Baba much, but he will definately need time to adjust, not to mention he is like 20 years old and needs regular playtime which seems impossible atm at Chelsea.