Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Next Manager?

MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

26 minutes ago, themightyblue said:

Are there any other examples of Conte's use of youth. There's obviously Pogba, but what about him promoting players from the academy?

there are none

he's had a youthful team, but saying he's used the youth system? pa

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

1 hour ago, the wes said:

If that doesn't show the English journalists' ignorance towards the other leagues, then I don't know what will.

Sure, Conte is not exactly the calmest of managers like Ancelotti, Hiddink etc and can be a bit feisty but he's certainly not like Mourinho who has a tendency to go over the line. Doubt you'll see Conte having unnecessary pops at other managers (funny as they may be when Mourinho does it), poking someone else in the eye, shouting at physios because they apparently do not understand football to name a few.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, the wes said:

SIMILAR TO MOURINHO :lol: the English journalism.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

If that doesn't show the English journalists' ignorance towards the other leagues, then I don't know what will.

Sure, Conte is not exactly the calmest of managers like Ancelotti, Hiddink etc and can be a bit feisty but he's certainly not like Mourinho who has a tendency to go over the line. Doubt you'll see Conte having unnecessary pops at other managers (funny as they may be when Mourinho does it), poking someone else in the eye, shouting at physios because they apparently do not understand football to name a few.

We will have to give him some pointers against Wenger.

4 minutes ago, iseah100 said:

So...are we cool with this? Is he any good?

this link will tell u all about him mate

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15116/10179630/is-antonio-conte-the-italian-jose-mourinho-the-view-from-italy-on-chelsea-linked-manager

Seems like he's tailor made for Chelsea. Solid defensive motivator. Not sure if the 3-5-2 would fly in Chelsea, or in the PL for that matter. Tbh I'd rather give Hiddnik a shot at a full season with players of his choice.

12 hours ago, iseah100 said:

Seems like he's tailor made for Chelsea. Solid defensive motivator. Not sure if the 3-5-2 would fly in Chelsea, or in the PL for that matter. Tbh I'd rather give Hiddnik a shot at a full season with players of his choice.

There is no reason why the 3-5-2 would not work but his favourit formation is 4-4-2.Conte has rebuild Juventus and has won 3 concesutive Seri A titles,won the supperCoppa.Conte is tactically great and a great motivator.Hiddink would not be great for long term. Read this http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/serie-a-showcase/conte-2/ 

What did people make of Guss's reaction when asked at today's press conference if there was any update re the managerial appointment? For those who didn't see it, Guss looked at Steve Atkins for a moment in silence then said, "Steve?", at which point Atkins gave a firm, "No.", as the answer. My take is that there has been a development but that Guss didn't know if he was authorised to say so.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, iseah100 said:

Thank god you're not in charge then.

And LOL at people thinking he will play a 3-5-2 for the sake of it.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

What did people make of Guss's reaction when asked at today's press conference if there was any update re the managerial appointment? For those who didn't see it, Guss looked at Steve Atkins for a moment in silence then said, "Steve?", at which point Atkins gave a firm, "No.", as the answer. My take is that there has been a development but that Guss didn't know if he was authorised to say so.

Thanks, I wasn't supposed to bother with watching it after reading written version but didn't see anywhere mentioning this, so I'm going to watch it soon.

Should Conte arrive, we will definately buy a combatative hard working CM/B2B, something the club needs either way with or without Conte. He is perhaps too similar to Mou, he realy demands very hard training from players and Im not a fan of his aged 3:5:2 formation. Appart from that, we will see...

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Should Conte arrive, we will definately buy a combatative hard working CM/B2B, something the club needs either way with or without Conte. He is perhaps too similar to Mou, he realy demands very hard training from players and Im not a fan of his aged 3:5:2 formation. Appart from that, we will see...

Conte's training are much harder than Mourinho's and Conte is not similar to Mourinho.Conte picks a system to suit the players he favours rather than the other way round so that doesn't mean he will use a 3-5-2.

• Jas locked this topic
  • Jas unlocked this topic