MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

Maybe we dont need "big name" manager like Simeone or Pep. Maybe we need some new blood in too the football world? Someone like Emery with fresh ideas and good stile of football

• Like 2

There will clearly be a manager for the rest of the season and another one coming in the summer.

Hiddink - Guardiola would be stunning, but I wouldn't mind Hiddink - Emery though.

think simeone might have same problems as jose, no rotation...

Lol, I was checking that already before I came to this thread !

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/atletico-madrid/leistungsdaten/verein/13

IMO this looks fine. Everyone is getting minutes. Maybe there should be more rotation in CB position but it is understandable that he doesn't want to rotate them too much if there's great partnership between the pair of Uruguayans.

• Like 1

Me thinks we sign Hiddink untill the summer.

Even if we could sign a better manager to a long time contract right now, there's no doubt he'd be cirticized to no end by the fans and what not. Hiddink would prevent such questions due to his favorable history with us in the past.

Emery in the Summer.

Heard it here first.

• Like 1

Lol, I was checking that already before I came to this thread !

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/atletico-madrid/leistungsdaten/verein/13

IMO this looks fine. Everyone is getting minutes. Maybe there should be more rotation in CB position but it is understandable that he doesn't want to rotate them too much if there's great partnership between the pair of Uruguayans.

fair enough, but does he not still play boring football? not sure we need more of that

• Like 1

Me thinks we sign Hiddink untill the summer.

Even if we could sign a better manager to a long time contract right now, there's no doubt he'd be cirticized to no end by the fans and what not. Hiddink would prevent such questions due to his favorable history with us in the past.

Emery in the Summer.

Heard it here first.

No you are not first, take a look at next manager treat

Give the job to Steve Holland for the remainder of the season, then see who is available. Altough not so sure we will be seen as a very attractive destination for the top managers without CL (and probably even less cash to spend) next season, especially when United, City and Bayern will all probably be looking for new managers as well.

There is speculation that Chelsea have approached Pep Guardiola about taking over at the end of Hiddink’s temporary stint. The Daily Mail say the Spaniard has let the club know that he thinks they need 10 new players to get to where they want to be. If that is so, who do you think he’d suggest keeping?

From Guardian.

Interim choice is hard. This is a very tough situation to step into.

I'd like Conte but that would be difficult with his Italy job.

Hiddink is popular but Feb 2009 was a very long time ago. Not been succesful in his most recent jobs. His stint as Holland coach was a mess. Might be out of touch with today's demands. But he still has people-managing touch.

Rodgers could have an impact. Helps that he is a former Chelsea man.

Cappello is a bit like Hiddink. Possibly out of touch. He's not a people person but a strong tactician. At least he used to be.

Di Matteo is possible. Could step back in an assistant's role after the season is done.

Juande Ramos was brilliant at Sevilla. Did well for Real and Tottenham under the circumstances. But that was a while back and I don't know how well he did in Russia.

Bielsa delivers great football at first and drops off after a few months. Could be the solution but he's crazy and I don't know if he speaks English.

What about Monk? He could do a decent job.

Rudi Garcia seems to be on the way out of Roma. Not ideal after his last few months at Roma but he did do well at Lille and initially at Roma.

New head coach I have these guys in my amateur mind. Random order.

Simeone (summer)

Koeman (summer)

Pochettino (summer)

Emery (summer)

Favre (now)

Ancelotti (summer)

Jorge Jesus (summer, a dream as he doesn't appear to be interested to work outside of Portugal)

I have the feeling I'm forgetting about someone I had in mind but okay. I've heard about Sampaoli doing great work for Chile but that's unlikely.

What a horrible season this is. There's just so much to fix.

• Like 3

Pep would be my dream. If he brought Thiago with him, my summer would be made. Obviously still need a couple other top quality signings too.

Think he would get the most out of the likes of boga, musonda, and possibly RLC. Even if he does come, not sure he would get the chance to work with them. Might be out on loan or sold somewhere

From Guardian.

That's the whole squad.

So basically he said screw you guys, if that even is true.

I rather get a young manager like Emery next summer and see how it goes.

Giving that our expectations are much lower now, it shouldn't be that bad.

We need fresh blood with excitement back in our club.

By the way there's reports that Swansea wants Emery...

The issue here is that you're looking at another short-term appointment to come in and apply his style in a half-arsed way for a few seasons with some success (if the board backs him) and then be replaced by someone who will do something else.

I think the club has to have a frank discussion about what it actually wants to be and not just in the sort-term, but over the next decade and beyond. The issue there is that no-one seems to be in a position to say that to Roman who is a great man, but not the technician of a footballing dynasty.

We don't need a manager, we need an identity.

• Like 2
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic