MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I think it would be interesting for people to debate which youngsters are ready, which aren't yet but should definitely be kept hold of and which shouldn't waste space. 

I'm already sold on Reece James mate. I legit think he can have a similar progression to TAA. And I'm a pessimistic moaner so that's a lot coming from me. I'm actually counting down until he's no. 1 rb. I hope he is by end of next season the latest. 

RLC made enough improvement last season that I think he's good enough. I was glad to see him score more and dribble more direct. Still has to improve his decision making and his movement (and his whole defensive side the lazy bastard) but I consider him a legit part of the squad. 

CHO I think will be good enough for his. It's too early to tell how good though, I agree. Very well might not be the star man we think. Obviously needs a chance this season. 

But then there's a massive gap. No other youngster screams out. Mount has to continue his development, I would try and pick a premier league team where he'd start. We just don't have the room for him. He'd compete with Barkley and Kovacic before RLC gets back as well. It would do him and us harm if he stays with us. 

Abraham has never impressed me but what the hell we are fucked up front. Have at it mate, take your chance if you're good enough. I probably wouldn't give him another. 

I'll keep an eye on Castillo but he's still young, a good 2 years at least away. 

So there you are. I'd only consider James, RLC and CHO as academy products to be included. 

Pulisic doesn't count. because money. 

A lot of people are quick to forget about Christensen too as part of the academy group.

The first step is they need to be trusted to be regular fixtures within the first team squad. For example the club needs to place faith in Reece James being good enough to challenge Azpi for the right back position, and therefore get rid of Zappacosta. I think if you consider within the squad then Mount and Abraham also have a very good chance of being integrated too. It's also possible that the club sells Zouma and if they did that then the fourth centre back spot needs to come from the academy too - Tomori, Clarke-Salter, Ampadu.

Therefore there is a very good chance that seven academy products could be easily integrated into the squad next season. That doesn't mean chucking them into the first team immediately to see if they will sink or swim, they should be integrated slowly unless injuries/suspensions force them to be thrown in. 

If some of these develop into first choice then that is fantastic, but its just as important that the club creates a foundation whereby the club develops its own squad players and no longer needs to buy. In turn this will allow us to focus on the highest possible quality for the starting XI when we can buy again, perhaps only needing to buy 2 or 3 rather than 6 or 7. 

Until some of these players are afforded a chance we can't know if they'll be good enough or not. I would tend to agree with you that I don't know if Mount and Abraham are good enough yet, but amongst the first team and given chances next season you never know. I felt the same about RLC this time last year and many others did, now we're all begging he recovers fully from his injury and pinning our hopes on him to lock down a place in our midfield moving forward.

• Like 1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/03/frank-lampard-unveiled-new-chelsea-manager-thursday

Frank Lampard was at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night to complete the formalities of his emotional return to Chelsea with the club set to confirm the appointment of their record goalscorer as Maurizio Sarri’s successor as head coach on Thursday.

The former England midfielder was pictured arriving back at the stadium where he spent 13 glittering years as a player ahead of signing a three-year deal worth around £4m-a-season and to conduct interviews with in-house media confirming his return.

Lampard is believed to have received assurances from the owner, Roman Abramovich, in the period since that he will be given time to make a proper mark back at the club with Chelsea currently operating under a transfer embargo which will potentially extend through to the summer of 2020.

That will severely restrict the club’s ambitions in the market – they have secured Christian Pulisic and Mateo Kovacic already this summer, having lost Eden Hazard to Real Madrid, and have a number of loanees who have returned – though Lampard has already expressed an eagerness to tap into the potential of the club’s youth-team set-up to bolster his options. His appointment is likely to be swiftly pursued by confirmation that Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Callum Hudson-Odoi have signed new five-year deals at the club.

Unveiling/announcement expected on Thursday now.

Guess we should expect both RLC and CHO to be pictured on each shoulder tomorrow during Frank's unveiling. 

Wish they weren't both out for ages so we could look forward to seeing them straight away.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Guess we should expect both RLC and CHO to be pictured on each shoulder tomorrow during Frank's unveiling. 

Wish they weren't both out for ages so we could look forward to seeing them straight away.

A triple announcement with CHO, RLC and Lamps signing long term contracts could just send every Chelsea fan into nirvana! :D

51 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think RLC will be out past Xmas and by the time he is back fit the whole season could end up being a bit of a write off for him unfortunately.

CHO however reportedly is well ahead of schedule and is expecting to start full training in about a month's time so he could very easily be back by September.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Think RLC will be out past Xmas and by the time he is back fit the whole season could end up being a bit of a write off for him unfortunately.

CHO however reportedly is well ahead of schedule and is expecting to start full training in about a month's time so he could very easily be back by September.

Archiless is a nasty injury. I write next season off for both of them. Both should play sparingly next season

Frank Lampard tonight left Stamford Bridge after 01:30 UK time. Total agreement about his contract, paperworks ok and he has signed as new Chelsea manager. 🔵✍🏻 #CFC #Chelsea #Lampard

• Like 1

Wish they'd announce him fully now tired of the waiting.

Also, if people can't get behind Lamps then Idk what to say. You've either only been a Chelsea fan 2 mins or.
Of course it may not go as great as we hope. But what are we expecting with any manager a transfer ban and no hazard. Top 4 would be a good season this year.

But forgetting all that. It's an understatement to say he's a club legend. So if there's a 10 percent chance he changes the culture and we go on to do great things with super frankie then it's worth it.

Plus it's the perfect time we have nothing to lose. Let's be honest here the squad is talented and young but we arent gonna be beating city over a full season. Perfect time for a man manager over a purely tactical one. As the guy above suggests Steve Holland. Great guy. But the difference tactically is probably the minimal. The difference motivationally is huge. As I said before if anyone in this squad can't play for Frank lampard then they should just leave.

Plus, looks like many of our talented youngsters may be somewhat inclined to sign new deals for us at least in part because they know they have a better chance of being part of his plans than they would under Sarri. And if we can get CHO for example to sign a new deal then the appointment is worth its wait in gold.

• Like 2
  • Jas locked this topic
  • Jas unlocked this topic