Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Next Manager?

MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not sure if I should be excited or worried that we're bringing like the ENTIRE gang (minus JT) back to the club...

50-50, but after gambling on Mourinho coming back, Conte and Sarri then it was about time we gamble on ex players. 

Like I said in the past this season is a write of, so even if we suck no one will care. 

Hence perfect time for a one year experience at the club as management and what not. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Fernando said:

50-50, but after gambling on Mourinho coming back, Conte and Sarri then it was about time we gamble on ex players. 

Like I said in the past this season is a write of, so even if we suck no one will care. 

Hence perfect time for a one year experience at the club as management and what not. 

Trust me. Chelsea fans will find a way to care. 

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Trust me. Chelsea fans will find a way to care. 

Of course we will care, but it doesnt take a genius to figure out we will most likely suffer a bit.......as long as there is fight desire and will, its all good. This squad minus Eden and no reinforcements will be a big task for any manager.

• Like 4

Will be particularly interesting to me how he gets on with players who he played alongside here and others he knows well. The likes of Willian, Luiz, Azpi. Must be kinda awkward to have authority over people who were once your equals. Likewise, I wonder if there will be authority issues if Lamps drops these players.

That's one of the big risks in appointing someone so young and fresh. Earning respect is much more difficult, especially at a club like ours where player power has run rampant. Thankfully, Frank is an absolute legend here so that kind of stuff shouldn't get out of hand like it did previously.

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Will be particularly interesting to me how he gets on with players who he played alongside here and others he knows well. The likes of Willian, Luiz, Azpi. Must be kinda awkward to have authority over people who were once your equals. Likewise, I wonder if there will be authority issues if Lamps drops these players.

That's one of the big risks in appointing someone so young and fresh. Earning respect is much more difficult, especially at a club like ours where player power has run rampant. Thankfully, Frank is an absolute legend here so that kind of stuff shouldn't get out of hand like it did previously.

should be ok, he was already their leader of sorts being the vice captain, english and a club legend as you say, they should respect him on the back of that

I feel it should be Lampard, Jody, Chris Jones and maybe Makelele as part of the set-up. I don't particularly like reading reports of Ballack and few others also joining up. Too many heads

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

If they know what's good for them, they will shut up and keep their heads down and try to emulate at least 20% of what Frank left on the pitch every time. This is not some Sarri or AVB, the fans will turn against whomever if there is any hint of player power going on. Also with Petr now mediating stuff between coaches and the board, Lampsy will have even more support I believe. Exciting times ahead, and maybe this transfer ban is a blessing in disguise also. :) 

• Like 1

@Fernando said it perfectly - this season is a write off from the very start and if it was up to me I would introduce the youngsters (Reece James, RLC, Mount, CHO, Tammy, Pulisic) as starters for the PL and CL matches no matter the stakes. We're not expecting big things this season so I find this a glorious opportunity to introduce them into the first team. It's not like we'd challenge for the league title and the semi finals (at least) in the CL, we can all agree this is a 3rd-6th place and last 16 CL squad at most, I'd rather we have a mediocre season with all the youngsters introduced than another poor one with Pedro, Willian, Alonso etc. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, milka said:

Juan Familio-Castillo wants to stay at Chelseathis summer as a result of Frank Lampard's imminent appointment as manager

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7183561/Juan-Castillo-makes-contract-U-turn-Chelsea-Frank-Lampard.html

• Like 4
Just now, the wes said:

Juan Familio-Castillo wants to stay at Chelseathis summer as a result of Frank Lampard's imminent appointment as manager

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7183561/Juan-Castillo-makes-contract-U-turn-Chelsea-Frank-Lampard.html

great news, he is a baller

hopefully is our LB of the future

Lampard has zero qualms about playing young fullbacks

48e3801bf1502bde6d64b21bb20eee12.png3bfa2307d2c3c3497d0e414cb677afc7.pngb9e42478f352e7ae09bae1309ed60679.png

I am going to take off my blue tinted glasses and say what some people are afraid to say because they fear the back lash. Frank Lampard is not good enough to be the manager of Chelsea at the moment, he is only getting the role due to nepotism and his name, if you are going to be getting a Chelsea man why not appoint Steve Holland who was with the club for more than 10 years and is very experienced. This is a publicity stunt from the board again to get season ticket holders to buy tickets in what will potentially be a terrible season due to the board's mishandling of the club. (The transfer ban is clearly the board's fault, after the Kakuta incident how the fuck did we get ourselves back into the same mess? These are questions I dont hear the main stream media question) The club and every dog in the street knew the transfer ban was coming, Hazard was leaving and our squad was not good enough and they didnt invest during the January transfer window, another massive fuck up no one is asking. Frank Lampard is being led to the slaughter house under the impression of playing the youth, the simple fact is our youth 70% of them are not good enough to play for a club like Chelsea that is supposed to be in the Champ League semi final every season. I love  Frank Lampard's but he has no credentials to be taking over at Chelsea, had the club looked into appointing Gus Poyet or Javi Garcia there would have been an uproar. He might eventually be good enough for Chelsea but he simply isn't right now and he is being appointed as a token. His Derby was outplayed in the Championship by Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds for example, so why not appoint Bielsa? I bet you Rafa will take over either before the season ends or start of next season. You can not teach an old dog new tricks, if we lose 12-15 games there is no way Roman keeps his patience. He fired Di Mateo after 3 months having led us to our best ever night. We are pretty much reliving 2013 again again expect this time we are transfer banned. (Remember the positivity created by Mourinho's return?) In addition, the reason Sarri left is because he wasnt really backed by the board as well as the impending transfer ban. he knew he had overachieved and the only way was down after last season, I doubt he would have left if we had given him full backing and if we were not transfer banned. The man chose to destroy his Napoli legacy just to get out of Chelsea for crying out loud.  I know its a hard pill to swallow, but if you take off your blue tinted glasses for a minute you will realize whats going on. 

• Like 2

Thats all good but what if he succeeds? What will you say then?

My word some people can't even support Frank Lampard. Of course he is here because of his status, he has given so much to this club, hell he played a few days after his mother died. It is now time for the club to give little bit back and present him with a decent opportunity to prove himself as a manager.

• Like 2
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic