Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Next Manager?


MrBlueGuy
 Share
Followers 12

Recommended Posts

Lampard, Jody Morris...maybe even Drogba if he's interested in helping out with coaching.

If we're really going to rely on the youth as the case seems for next season then let's do that

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think any manager that comes in and benches or worse, gets rid of Jorginho would be making a serious mistake. Guys shown more than enough times this season particularly in the last 10 or 15 matches he is more than good enough. 

Might alter Sarris 433 to a double (yuck) pivot. With Kante playing closer to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be thinking heart over head here.., but it has always been a longitme dream that one of DD, JT, Lamps would one day manage the club. Am never going to say no, if that is indeed a possibility.

Like Drogba himself said : 

“I think it is a very good option for the club.

“Is he ready for the job? Well, when is he ever going to be ready?"

“Does he have to wait until he is 40 or 50 to be ready? I think it depends on your experience and depends on your desire to succeed and do it.

“If he feels ready I don’t think it is too early. Every summer is big at Chelsea. Every summer is big.”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so excited by this.

Been reading on here why this manager would be good and why that manager would be bad, it's been laughable.

Lamps for me is top of the list, love the guy, if he does well or he doesn't whatever that means, just give him time he'll come through.

Welcome home Frank

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think Lampard is ready for this level. He has ONE YEAR of managerial experience, in the Championship and was regularly out thought by leeds and villa. 

There's no world class big names out there, so going for a bit of risk is fine. I have no idea why we don't go for Eddie Howe. Plays good football, consistently done well with Bournemouth. He's flexible, not scared to play 2 strikers. Has experience against City, Liverpool and Tottenham. 

He deserves a shot at the top in my opinion. Wait until Lampard is ready 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'm so excited by this.

Been reading on here why this manager would be good and why that manager would be bad, it's been laughable.

Lamps for me is top of the list, love the guy, if he does well or he doesn't whatever that means, just give him time he'll come through.

Welcome home Frank

BUt hE IssNt RedDy YeT!!! 

100% agree mate. Ones in here have regurgitated the same old shit for weeks. He didn't bring Derby up, he's not ready, he hasn't proved himself. Personally I am properly excited about it. I don't care about his stats or whatever. Man bleeds Chelsea. Jody knows the youth inside out. Bring them in, give them time. Can't wait

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be just as critical to Lampard as I was with Sarri. Nostalgic tactics from the board won't work for me. 

EDIT: Also regarding what Drogba said, what is he supposed to say? Him and Lamps are best mates. He is not going to say "I don't think he's ready" to the media! What does that say about their friendship if that happens?

Nice spin from Drogba, saying "Well, when is he ever going to be ready? When he's 40/50?" No Didi! He doesn't have to be 40 or 50. What he could have done is take Derby to the PL. Show that you have this small Derby team fierce. Lamps is building a project with Derby and now he is going to abandon it. This also shows poor integrity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mana said:

I'll be just as critical to Lampard as I was with Sarri. Nostalgic tactics from the board won't work for me. 

EDIT: Also regarding what Drogba said, what is he supposed to say? Him and Lamps are best mates. He is not going to say "I don't think he's ready" to the media! What does that say about their friendship if that happens?

Nice spin from Drogba, saying "Well, when is he ever going to be ready? When he's 40/50?" No Didi! He doesn't have to be 40 or 50. What he could have done is take Derby to the PL. Show that you have this small Derby team fierce. Lamps is building a project with Derby and now he is going to abandon it. This also shows poor integrity.

Mana this is just the sort of negative feed back i'm talking about, what Lamps can't do because of this what Lamps can't do because of that.

If you don't know by now we need Lamps here, then sadly you never will.

And that goes for all the other doubters as well, probably going to take flak for that comment but I don't care:cig:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Don't think Lampard is ready for this level. He has ONE YEAR of managerial experience, in the Championship and was regularly out thought by leeds and villa. 

There's no world class big names out there, so going for a bit of risk is fine. I have no idea why we don't go for Eddie Howe. Plays good football, consistently done well with Bournemouth. He's flexible, not scared to play 2 strikers. Has experience against City, Liverpool and Tottenham. 

He deserves a shot at the top in my opinion. Wait until Lampard is ready 

He's ready now buddy

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

He's ready now buddy

LOL. I'm sorry, but nothing suggests that he is ready.

Quote

Mana this is just the sort of negative feed back i'm talking about, what Lamps can't do because of this what Lamps can't do because of that.

If you don't know by now we need Lamps here, then sadly you never will.

And that goes for all the other doubters as well, probably going to take flak for that comment but I don't care

It's not negative feedback. It's being REAL. He only managed a SEASON under Derby in the Championship, who he failed to promote.

Lampard is taking a massive risk for himself and the club, if he fucks up here then when he gets sacked, he may never get manage the club again. And we are bringing him in, when we can't buy any new class players who can help youth! We need leaders on the pitch to help the youth! We have none!

I'll promise you this: If he fails top 4, he's going. And he'll have no sympathy from me because he made his bed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I'm glad is that we finally will have a chance to introduce some youth. 

With Lamps and Jody, youth should get some chances. 

I have always said I don't care who the manager is, if you give time to youth you got my backing. I cut slack to managers who will do youth. 

Think this is the best we will get as far as for youth. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not the manager's who decide if they play the youth. It's the owner and board. 

No manger is going to risk playing a team with too much youth in it if the target is challenging titles and advancing in Europe. We've seen that for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, whats happening said:

people hated how we played with sarri.

 

they will hate it 10x more with lampard. and to think that we will play willian, pedro, luiz every game...

You already jugded it all before even setting a foot in? Lamps has to do really bad to be even more boring than Sarri. You dont think Sarri would have played those names almost each game?

Yes he aint ready, but it is what it is, its Chels afterall. Lets pull in one direction and support the cause, cuz we gonna need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think any manager that comes in and benches or worse, gets rid of Jorginho would be making a serious mistake. Guys shown more than enough times this season particularly in the last 10 or 15 matches he is more than good enough. 

I think Jorginho is a dream player for almost any manager. People seriously underestimate him and think he is some one trick pony who can only play well under Sarri's specific tactics. Pep adores him, Mourinho recently called him the best midfielder in the world etc. I don't think there's a manager in the world who would look at our current squad and even think about putting Jorginho on the bench. Most likely, however, many managers would play him in a pivot next to Kante rather than as lone DM as Sarri is doing. I expect Lampard to set up this team in 4-2-3-1 as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jas locked this topic
  • Jas unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...