MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

Just pay it man. This club... didn’t hesitate to spend £35m on Drinkwater? So silly. 

I seriously doubt the buy out is the problem. I think it has more to do with seeing out this fiscal year and having it on the books for next term. I expect Antonio to be sacked on the 31st and Sarri to be hired on the 1st
10 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

You'd think so.  We can't even activate an 8m euro clause right now 

Saving money. Activating it now will be a waste of money. We can wait a few more days.

9 minutes ago, Mana said:

Saving money. Activating it now will be a waste of money. We can wait a few more days.

You realize that if we let the clause expire ADL can then ask for any amount of money he wants right? It is not like we get him for free when this expires, it could be substantially more?

A lot of people here think Sarri's contract expires on 31st.

It doesn't. Only the Release Clause 'term' expires on 31st. He'll still be under contract at Napoli on 1st June. 

Which means ADL could ask for more than 8 million for him.

Just now, akgw13 said:

You realize that if we let the clause expire ADL can then ask for any amount of money he wants right? It is not like we get him for free when this expires, it could be substantially more?

That's the gamble you take and by the looks of things the board are doing that.

Just now, Special Juan said:

That's the gamble you take and by the looks of things the board are doing that.

I think they are bluffing, trying to negotiate and save 1-2 million because they are cheap. If we don't pay this buyout clause ADL has way WAY more leverage in negotiations. Surely(you'd hope) we will pay it by Thursday (expires friday) 

It looks like resignation after the clause expires.  

In other news, Liverpool have quite the midfield there.  Losing Can, but adding Fabinho and Keita.  Those 2 with Henderson can cover a lot of ground.  Ox for depth.

Just now, akgw13 said:

Yes, I cannot see ADL letting Sarri out of his contract without compensation. He can theoretically place him on gardening leave so long as he continues to pay him.

The other issue is that the club should do what possible to keep a good relationship with Napoli throughout this otherwise it is bound to bite us at some point, like if we went into negotiations for one of their players.

Fine margins all round.

• Like 1
Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Yes, I cannot see ADL letting Sarri out of his contract without compensation. He can theoretically place him on gardening leave so long as he continues to pay him.

The other issue is that the club should do what possible to keep a good relationship with Napoli throughout this otherwise it is bound to bite us at some point, like if we went into negotiations for one of their players.

Fine margins all round.

I'm not sure how they could be more hard-assed than they already are.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Fine margins all round.

Exactly right, we are kissing the slim possibility of KK and/or Jorginho gone with the way we are going about this.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not sure how they could be more hard-assed than they already are.

They could just point blank refuse to enter into any negotiations with us.

For example if us and City both put bids in for Jorginho, they could decide to accept City's and reject ours. 

Reportedly Everton were more open to negotiating with United for Lukaku than us after we had gone for Stones a couple of years ago and upset them. It happens and whilst we need to ensure we run the club as well as possible and are not seen as pushovers or a money pit, the balance of good relations needs to be kept too.

• Like 1

Or he could be released from his contract outright. We have no idea what the clause in his buyout is. I’m not convinced Chelsea would be haggling over €8m if Sarri is their guy. Worse I doubt they would enter into a scenario where they give ADL all the leverage over Sarri’s future.

Just be patient fellas, June 1st it will all come out.
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic