The Retro Gaming Thread

chrismada9

I honestly don't know whether to be appalled or baffled by the fact that there is no thread concerning this type of gaming! :P

Thought I would change that today and start one! Retro Gaming is a massive interest of mine, since my YouTube channel is based around me picking up retro games and playing them.

Probably my favourite Retro Consoles are the Super Nintendo, Atari 2600, Sony PS1, Dreamcast, Commodore 64 (playing games with a cassette player) and the Nintendo 64, all of which I own, and have amazing fun playing from time to time! I'm planning on purchasing a Mattel Intellivision at some point, for the right price!!

Best famous games out there I can think of off the top of my head, are the old Donkey Kong games, Mario Bros, Arkanoid, Space Invaders and Asteroids!

If there's any of us that share this interest, please feel free to share your retro gaming experiences here, because now there is a thread!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me its games like Sonic, and Cool Spot. Then i went to Playstation, and still to this day my all time fav games are Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3 and Crash team racing

I also really enjoyed the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games. But my other favorite games from that era were the Spider-Man games which helped to introduce me to superhero media.

wont be cheap, those games still go between £20-£30 second hand

but if you got a ps3 you can get it on the store for like £2

Games look great if you have the original that you can put on shelves, though.. I say that because I'm a collector! :D

I have downloaded Medieval for PS1 for about £5 and I'd recommend that to anyone!

My most favourite game in a long while was :

Burn Cycle on the Philipps CDI

Amazing game

My fav of all time though is Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Counter Strike - many hours spent on those :)

I was also lucky to build an emulator at Sega to release some of their back catalogue from the MegaDrive and MegaCD

I left before we did the Dreamcast stuff - but I wish I had of stayed as it wasn't as good as the emulators I was involved in ;)

My fav of all time though is Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Counter Strike

Christ mate, you're going back a bit there! :D

10 points if you can guess the developer's name! And no it's not "id Software" that went on to make the Wolfenstein everyone knows! :P

Zelda on nes 8 bit

Super mario on snes.

Killer Instinct N64

Street fighter 2

Metroid and Super Metroid,

Mario Kart, Donkey kong Country,

Castlevania, Gauntlet 2, Altered Beast,Double Dragon, Wolfenstein 3D (!),

Diablo 1 & 2

Counter Strike

so many games...

Surprisingly, there's not really anything from the PS1 era that jumps out at me. Lots of others though!

Sega: Every Sonic game
NES/SNES: Zelda
N64: Goldeneye, Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy.

GameBoy: Pokémon Red

PC: Age of Empires, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Sims 1.

Goldeneye was the god of multiplayer for me..."no one is allowed to be Oddjob!" :D