Chelsea 2-2 Swansea

Jase

Man of the Match  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

It isn't "fine" under any condition, but given the circumstances, we should be happy with a point on the basis that a; we were very poor for long periods, and b; Swansea were excellent and obviously had a man advantage. We showed good resilience and that is a victory in itself considering the relative lack of fitness (both physical and mental) at this stage of the campaign.

This what everyone who thought we were brilliant last season will say when we probably mark our spot in the top 4 and that thought scares me.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant say much good about today but it seems if we speak negatively about the lads we are pessimistic. All I see is people not trying to make excuses for a team that I dont know why the majority of them even turned up.

If even Mou cant get the best out of them then theres problems. Not just the obvious ones that get mentioned a thousand times a day but WTF is up with Hazard and Cescy? Our 2 most creative guys that looked brain dead for most of the time. Hazards wondered around like a lost soul so far apart from the final 10 mins.

Its going to take weeks for us to get to a state to play anywhere near what we can, if we do at all. Right now Im just hoping we make Europe next season.

What I would dearly love to be is a fly on the wall following Mou around and listening to what he truly feels and not just the BS he throws out to the supporters and the media.

One good thing from the day is Ive just cracked opened my first homebrew turbo of STRAWBERRY cider and its bloody gorgeous!! Only followed a Youtube recipe made with Strawberry Ribena cordial. Ended up @ 9%! I was thinking about sending Eden a few bottles. I need a few to chill out tonight so Slante guys!

It is not that this result has come as a surprise. The writing has been on the wall since we beat those very swans half a year ago. We changed nothing since then. Hence we will get found out more often and those results will be no rarity. Call it knee jerk, but deep inside you know it: This squad won't win a big title.

It isn't "fine" under any condition, but given the circumstances, we should be happy with a point on the basis that a; we were very poor for long periods, and b; Swansea were excellent and obviously had a man advantage. We showed good resilience and that is a victory in itself considering the relative lack of fitness (both physical and mental) at this stage of the campaign.

If you're happy with a point at home, you must have low standards

Anyway, We are going to be found out more often this season...without any fresh faces, teams know what to expect from our players

well for the wise people talking about pre-season, there must have been something very wrong with my eyes because the team performing today and the team that perfomed the other matches prior to this was very different in the intensity and the way they approached the match - which was expected, except for those people who think pre-season is the new World Cup.

We aren't sharp yet - but made huge progress there imo - and I concede our defense looked even worse than it normally does. Ivanovic had one of the worst matches I've seen from a Chelsea player and unfortunately for us, he can play 10 matches in a row like that and nothing will happen, even if we sign a LB.He's untouchable and it's one of the few things I think Mourinho has been doing wrong. He totally lost the plot with Iva.

As the team isn't sharp and the physical condition isn't ideal our slow defense got further exposed - not only by Ivanovic, but by everyone. There had been numerous mistakes made by all back for, from losing 1x1 and getting raped by a winger, to slowness and wrong timing. I expect some serious improvement as the weeks go - they were just as shaky the first few weeks last season, but even with the improvements, it doesn't change the fact we have a way too slow team. Yes, team, in general. It's not only about defense and midfield. With the exception of Willian, Hazard, Moses and Ramires, all our players are either slow or just have standard pace. Willian and Hazard are still far, far away from their best physical condition. Hazard - because he's a slow starter (has nothing to do with him arriving fat to pre-season as some people implied today and in other occasions) and Willian because he had a whole Copa América, shorter vacation and if we don't take care of him properly, we'll burn him out. It'll take both of them a couple of weeks, if not more, to get sharp. That leaves us with a ridiculously slow team as Ramires and Moses are clearly bench players.

Fabregas is already a slow player and he's one of those players that couldn't be farther from being sharp. Except one good game - I guess against PSG, not sure - where he had been decent, throughout all of pre-season and carrying on today it's clear he needs to take a few steps towards an ideal condition. It doesn't mean he's useless, the root of all our problems as some people have been saying or implying. He's just off form. Just like Hazard, Willian, Azpilicueta.

The only in form players we have right now imo are Oscar, Moses and maybe Terry. Matic and Cahill are almost there and the rest are taking their sweet time to get there (which is sort of expected). It's hard to talk about Costa. He seems to be fine and he looks like his usual self form wise, but you never know with his hamstring, so I won't put him in any group.

Still with all those physical problems, Ivanovic existence (allied with Mourinho stubbornness and blindness) we were quite competitive today, a very different team from pre-season and I think we'll get things going soon. I'm far from hitting the panic button, I don't understand those who has already decided our season within a few friendlies and one official match. We could end up the season trophyless or with a couple of them again, that's not the point. The point is it's way too early for you guys to come to any conclusions about this team's chances of winning anything this season. Yes, we still have the same problems as last season. As far as I remember we still won the title with some very comfortable lead. Start spouting bs about us winning nothing at least in November. You won't look as clueless as you do now if you actually wait to see how we and the other teams fare for real.

Ahh such an exciting match!! As a football fan that was awesome to watch.

As a Chelsea fan, bit gutted about how our defense performed, expected a lot more!

City next, hopefully we can take the negatives from this game and turn it around to get a good run going.

Not entirely related but i was there and in this row to two loud lads in shed lower but half of em in the stand were stilling down?! The fuck is that about, stand up and sing you pricks or save yourself some cash and sit with the other plastics in the family centre

why the hell are people saying it was a good performance?

one goal was a fluke freekick

the other a horrible deflection

apart that I can't remember fabianski being troubled!!!

we are an empty shell of the team that started last season!

and in all probability we will ALREADY after 2 games be 5 points behind city,utd, and arsenal at least by next Monday!

Not entirely related but i was there and in this row to two loud lads in shed lower but half of em in the stand were stilling down?! The fuck is that about, stand up and sing you pricks or save yourself some cash and sit with the other plastics in the family centre

Dont get me started about the change in our supporters bud. Who knows it may be the same across the league (but from what Ive seen on other teams forums its not as bad as ours - and I couldn't give a toss about anyone elses team anyway). But for whatever social and economic reasons our supporters have changed even from the time I started following us.

It may just be the biggest thing that pisses me off.

Actually we have a good press and tempo but somehow, poor finishing, can't even understand we almost had zero shot on goal! Almost!, Courtois red card was disastrous, but fortunately Begovic comes to the rescue! and his performance last night made me quite comfortable while Courtois gone for a while.

Hazard keeps making opponents player busy tho, but they marked him too tight 1 : 4? :D

Special notes for IVANOVIC, just how frustating to see him in right flank!, poor defence yet more awful in attack, He just keep kicking the ball onto Swansea's players body!

ey,,, ever since we get Yokohama as shirt sponsor our Bus is become moveable. *If you know what i mean <_<

I watched this one live and I have to say I'm surprised by some of the remarks here! For me, these are the facts:

- Cahill was brilliant yesterday. Without him it could have been 4 or 5 Swansea (who really played well).

- Willian had a great game too.

- Hazard holds the ball way too much, and he's directly responsible in ruining several breaks towards the end. He's definitely been figured out by the rest of the EPL teams.

- Ivanovic is a great player, but he should not be RB. But then this means he has no room in Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 or its modified 4-3-3. So just sell.

Other than (somewhat) Costa, this team does not have something or someone that scares the opposing defenses. It lacks creativity and the ability to find solutions up front. And it's full backs are sub par.

If you're happy with a point at home, you must have low standards

Anyway, We are going to be found out more often this season...without any fresh faces, teams know what to expect from our players

I like how you choose to ignore the fact that I put "given the circumstances". We had ten men, playing against the side that finished eighth in the PL last season, not against some shit bottom five club. If you're the type of person who'd rather risk going for it with nine men and getting caught out and losing, then that's fine with me,

Ahh such an exciting match!! As a football fan that was awesome to watch.

As a Chelsea fan, bit gutted about how our defense performed, expected a lot more!

City next, hopefully we can take the negatives from this game and turn it around to get a good run going.

Indeed it was an entertaining match for the neutrals. End to end stuff, great rhythm for a match so early in the season. I'm sure Chelsea will look different next week, Mourinho lives for the big games and we have a lot of players that step up their game in these kind of matches. Defence must be at its best though because we will be facing some damn good attackers.

Oscar was phenomenal.

The fact that he was taken off instead of fabregas was such a joke. Feel sorry for him.

Willian does everything right except finding the assists and goals. Would be probably the bets cdm ever, who has an attacking side as well.

Ivanovic has got to either learn how to cross and give assists, or sit on the bench. I would much prefer azpi on rb with lesser forward runs than ivanovic doing what he does.

Jose just made him the VC if im not wrong.

KDB and Schurlle sold, for salah and that other guy.

we need a better attacking approach. Dont slow the game down. Dont slow it. Dont. Just Dont.

I voted Ivanovic obviously because he totally owned the left flank.

Jose must learn from this game and address our team's weakness but I doubt it as he will do the pragmatic thing and back his philosophy and his untouchables 100%.