Jase

Man of the Match  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good first half. Clusterfuck of a second half.

I agree.

Not a bad atmosphere today at The Bridge.

As a team - that is a woeful start to a defence of a title. Looked a bit like the players still thought it was pre-season - hopefully looking at the table (only 1 game in mind) will make them realise we are now playing for silverware again.

So we dropped 2 points at HOME but it's fine, it's only the first game of the season. Lose next week and don't worry "it's fine, it's only the second game of the season. 5 points behind, no big deal!"

Arsenal were clearly the best looking side on the 2nd half of last season, but they were too late to catch up to us so it didn't matter. Let's not resort to becoming Arsenal last season.

Dropping 2 points DOES matter whether it's the first game of the season. It's 2 points that could decide on us winning the title when we look back in May.

If we don't win the season in May, I'm sure there'll be other games were we will have lost two points and thus not this game (alone) but probably worse games to blame. We became champions last season as well, even though drawing at home to Burnley or even losing 3-0 away at the Hawthorns. Those results are worse than drawing to Swansea at home.

And yes, dropping two points at home is fine. It'd rather have won the three points, but so be it. The season isn't over yet. Sheezh, the drama on here! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll be happy with 9 points out of a possible 15 for our opening three games. Sure, I'd rather have more. But as long as the team is trying and fighting I prefer to stand by them instead of go on the moaning bandwagon that seems to pass through these forum often the last few days.

even funnier is the blind optimism ...

No?

It wasn't an amazing performance , but certainly not as bad/catastrophic as some people make it out be. I truly belive, if it wasnt for the Tibo situation, we would've won.

It feels like that people take every opportunity they can get to vent out their frustration of our calm/passive transfer summer, which imo is understandable but leads to a quite unfair analysis of todays game.

I fail to see dropping points at home is fine when we trying to defend the title but each to their own.

It isn't "fine" under any condition, but given the circumstances, we should be happy with a point on the basis that a; we were very poor for long periods, and b; Swansea were excellent and obviously had a man advantage. We showed good resilience and that is a victory in itself considering the relative lack of fitness (both physical and mental) at this stage of the campaign.

It wasn't an amazing performance , but certainly not as bad/catastrophic as some people make it out be. I truly belive, if it wasnt for the Tibo situation, we would've won.

It feels like that people take every opportunity they can get to vent out their frustration of our calm/passive transfer summer, which imo is understandable but leads to a quite unfair analysis of todays game.

NO we have seen the last half of last season 6 preseason games and today .. it is impossible to put a positive spin on this ESPECIALLY as our squad is now weaker than at the end of the May

It isn't "fine" under any condition, but given the circumstances, we should be happy with a point on the basis that a; we were very poor for long periods, and b; Swansea were excellent and obviously had a man advantage. We showed good resilience and that is a victory in itself considering the relative lack of fitness (both physical and mental) at this stage of the campaign.

Swansea too...

Thanks Jason that's exactly the point I was trying to get across couldn't have said it better myself.

And no, it isn't fine under any condition, but it's bound to happen somewhere in the season (no one expects us to get 114 points right?) and Swansea today were very good and had a man more and I'm glad we didn't lose. Rather we drop two points like this, fighting in the end and with a man less, than get a lucky win today but drop two when we draw against a very dull Watford at home while we don't create any chances because we're not even trying for example.

Thanks Jason that's exactly the point I was trying to get across couldn't have said it better myself.

And no, it isn't fine under any condition, but it's bound to happen somewhere in the season (no one expects us to get 114 points right?) and Swansea today were very good and had a man more and I'm glad we didn't lose. Rather we drop two points like this, fighting in the end and with a man less, than get a lucky win today but drop two when we draw against a very dull Watford at home while we don't create any chances because we're not even trying for example.

Besides the fact you called me Jason (he isn't this good-looking), I agree. Every season you have two or three of "those games" and we've gotten one of them out of the way today and somehow avoided defeat. In the long-term we could look back at this as being crucial.

Besides the fact you called me Jason (he isn't this good-looking), I agree. Every season you have two or three of "those games" and we've gotten one of them out of the way today and somehow avoided defeat. In the long-term we could look back at this as being crucial.

You're a wise man Jason. :wub:

You're welcome. :ph34r:

p9zf6.jpg

Embarassing performance, many people including myself called this after our horrible preseason and transfer window. Hope we go out and sign Pedro now or we will be seeing a lot more of this as the season goes on

Well like I said without adding more in the window Chelsea won't win the league I've seen nothing in this game that suggests otherwise.

Don't worry guys it's just pre-season!

Swansea destroyed us... even before the red card.

I said this and I'll say it again in confidence: We will not win the league this season with the current squad. I'm even surprised we didn't lose, if this game was played at the Liberty today we probably would have lost.

I 100% expected another woeful performance because of preseason.

We were an embarrassment to be honest!

What annoys me, is that we sell Petr Cech to Arsenal of all teams, then Courtois gets a red card in the opening game!

Begovic though, can't take away the fact that he was solid when he came on.. made some great saves, but what that means now, is that we've not won any of our last 6 games within 90 minutes!

And next week we have City away! Can't even contemplate the situation right now! Need to lie down!

I agree with MrExcalibur100

Anytime we lead it's just like we shut down the system

Play like killing the clock, brain derp or save energy mode

And when we got draw or lead , Suddenly we start running like a chicken without head, run around crazy

but still no formation or pattern to create the attack , pure personal ability

Won't say much as someone said the usual suspects are here excluding xpetrcechx

But the negative that cost us is Ivan he was shit spread all over the place

On to the much bigger problem, though... DAT bench. It's just straight up embarrassing how weak our depth is. Mourinho brought on Zouma for Fabregas FFS. Just imagine - IMAGINE! - having a top-class midfielder be there to replace Matic or Fabregas when one of them is shit or a change is simply necessary...

However embarrassing it may be, Mourinho bringing on Zouma for Cesc kept us in the game. We were being completely overrun in midfield since the red, understandably so with a man less, yet suddenly after the change we looked a lot stronger in midfield and began to take control of the game again. In the last 20 minutes, albeit with 10-men I thought we looked at our most dominant; it's a great example of how a "defensive" change - ie bringing on a natural centre half - can in fact make you much more offensive.