Chelsea 2-2 Swansea

Jase

Man of the Match  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Im not sure why I am pissed off .. I won money on this ,, Bet on Chels to win ... cashed out when we took the lead ,,, then bet on a draw or a Swans win ..

I AM STILL PISSED OFF

And I see your rage has made you ironically vote for Brana as MOTM! :lol:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there were people on here who were ridiculing those fans who vented our frustrations in pre-season matches, claiming the easy comeback of "it is only pre-season". The pre-season signs were there. Even before the sending off, they were well on top of us and had much more shots on target than us. The only thing I take from this is that when they scored that pen and we had a man down I thought we were there for the taking. So I will take a point in the circumstances. But based on this performance, it is quite obvious to see that our pre-season form was not just something that we could ignore. Ivanovic got a roasting today. Azpi had a tough time too and did not offer us width when going forward. Oscar had a good game though and hopefully he keeps that up. We really need to pick ourselves up for the City game though. Our midfield/defence looked so vulnerable when defending. Not good enough considering this was a team when we were in full throttle last season we beat 4-2 and 5-0.

Wonder how many of those who ridiculed those fans for taking things too seriously in pre-season will start thinking different now. When we lost to NYRB kids in that friendly few weeks back it was obvious that there were signs to be worry. But on the other hand, I am sure we will come back stronger but seriously the board will be ludicrous to not bring in any more signings.

True, and it was only yesterday that PSG played away to Lille with 10 men for the majority of the game and ended up winning 1-0. There's also our disastrous 2-2 with them last season but they aren't even the crème de la crème of European football either as was shown by their games against Barcelona. We are a long way off the top and seem to be accepting it for some reason.

well we arent spending money so that's a BIG PLUS

Well, where to start after this one? Thought we were play "okay" and good enough to win until the red. Weren't playing stellar, but well enough for the three points. How many times did we look completely out of sync on our passes in the box? Must have completely misfired 10-12 times.

This team needs 2 or 3 more players and some fresh blood. Not enough quality depth.

We'll start with the bad and the transition to the good.

Where have you gone Cesc Fabregas? Since January 1st, he has been just lost. Poor decision making. Poor skills. Looked like vs West Brom late last season. Surprised others have not been crushing his performance today.

Diego since the 2 goals vs Swansea last January has not been the same. He cannot reach long balls or get into space. The hamstring is not letting him stretch out or he is afraid to reach. With the hamstring issues, he is no better than Torres or Eto'o from 2013-14.

Those two above were the key pieces that pushed us to a higher level August-December 2014. Without them at their top game, we slip a notch or two back down.

Nothing to say about Ivanovic that has not been said. I like the guy. He's had some big games for the Blues, but he was targeted and beaten badly today.

Defense in general was poor. Cahill was a bright spot on a couple of plays.

I am optimistic we will get the ship righted. But we have got to sign a couple of contributors. No more Cuadrados please.

Oscar and Begovic were bright spots. Thought Oscar looked the best on free kicks anyone has since Lampard.

I know Schurrle was not Jose's type, but man I miss his offensive movement.

Time to regroup. Go get at least one point at City I suppose, be down 4 points and start chipping away. Meanwhile, sign some players.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

A huge worry for the season as a whole is that the blueprint to beat or give us an extremely difficult game is out there for every club to see. Just as it was as the season wore on last year.

If you press our slow midfield who are both sketchy with the ball at their feet under pressure and constantly run with pace at our defense you'll kill us.

And then you see another huge issue- when we do play exciting attacking football like we did at times in that first half it leaves our defense so exposed that teams look like threatening our goal with every attack.

I think a new fullback combination would go a long way. If we had Azpi playing in his natural position and signed a natural LB who can also defend at a high level (like Baba) rather than a CB shoehorned in at RB we'd look more comfortable. But everyone knows Ivanovic won't be dropped.

And there lies the problem in making a lack of any major signings. Big clubs, they continue to put pressure on their established stars so they can continue pushing themselves. PSG just bought Di Maria, they probably don't need him but he puts pressure on guys like Lucas Moura for example. As someone said previously, our stars are starting to get comfortable, Cesc's complacency was highlighted a lot today.

We're in the Premier League's elite, but we're slowly creeping out of Europe's.

That's the problem though, I personally don't think we were ever in Europe's elite in the first place. Just look at the way we went out under Mourinho in the past two seasons - 1. playing Azpi on the wing at home and getting thoroughly outplayed by Atletico and 2. no heart or passion at home against PSG. And this season we were aiming to push on in Europe? Ha, not a chance.

We would be doing very very well if we won the league this year, but we need at least one big signing to push on in Europe. No new additions always runs the risk of the team growing a bit stale and I don't want to believe that it is currently happening here, but I'm afraid to say I do. When you're on top you can't wait around for others to close the gap before investing.

Fair play to Swansea, they are always put a fantastic performance at the first match (most likely in around 6 first games) of the season. Yes, the back 4 could be better, but I would think some of their mistakes were a consequence of our attacking play approach. Overall I am satisfied with team performance. In the end, I am happy with this one point, next time we could be better for sure.

way to begin our title defense ! I am shattered, after the pathetic pre-season thought we would step up to the premier league challenge. My worst nightmare is coming true. This is the result for all those ignorant and complacent fans who thought we can play like we played last season to defend our title.

We effing need to up our game.

That's the problem though, I personally don't think we were ever in Europe's elite in the first place. Just look at the way we went out under Mourinho in the past two seasons - 1. playing Azpi on the wing at home and getting thoroughly outplayed by Atletico and 2. no heart or passion at home against PSG. And this season we were aiming to push on in Europe? Ha, not a chance.

We would be doing very very well if we won the league this year, but we need at least one big signing to push on in Europe. No new additions always runs the risk of the team growing a bit stale and I don't want to believe that it is currently happening here, but I'm afraid to say I do. When you're on top you can't wait around for others to close the gap before investing.

You're right, if we're discussing Chelsea in Europe then it's something else. We've certainly been more of presence in European competitions as compared to our other national members. Only us and United (under Fergie) were consistent in progressing at least to the QF. Then we stood alone, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs & City have offered no significant threat ever. When teams come across Chelsea, they don't fear us, but they know they're in for a hard grind. We often have an Italian feel to our approach in Europe so teams know they have to work hard to breakthrough but don't fear we'll rout them.