Jase

Man of the Match  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jokes put aside, I think they can have a real go at it, players like Cech definitely improve them ( and we saw that yesterday ).

But then again, there is a huge difference between "having a real go at the title" and actually winning it, even with the great team we had last year, we had to play conservatively in order to maintain our advantage, not to mention we had to earn a lot of hard-fought victories ( Stoke Home, Villa away, Hull Away, QPR Away ).

Won't step too early and say the gunners can't wind those kind of games, guess we're gonna have to wait & see, we have City away on the 2nd game and the gooners are way too confident atm, won't be surprised to see them top by October/November.

And on another subject, the best manager I'd wish to have in an eventual crisis time ( if that happens this season ) is Jose, so I'm waiting to see, but I'm not as pessimistic as some guys here.

I did something yesterday that I won't be doing again....Watching the game with a supposed neutral and anyone listening in would of thought he supported Arsenal. Quotes such as "Arsenal will have the title wrapped up by January" "Hazard is on the same level as Oxlaide-Chamberlain" Fucking ears were bleeding at FT.

- Annoyed that we have lost the unbeaten record against them/Wenger but that was going to be broken at some point. Better to lose it in some meaningless match than in the league or cup games.

- We basically got out Chelsea-ed by Arsenal - they scored through one moment of brilliance/poor defending and parked the bus for the rest of the time. We, on the other hand, saw plenty of the ball but did almost nothing with it. Created the 2 best chances of the match but Ramires and Hazard bottled them.

- Not going to overreact over a defeat in pre-season but hopefully it will tell Mourinho and/or the board we need 1-2 signings, like proper signings, in certain areas. Then again, he might just dismiss it as getting up to speed with preparing for the new season.

- Wenger - the football purist - parked the bus in a big game and won but doubt people will give him the same stick they gave to Mourinho after ditching their tiki-taka football for a more negative approach...

The funny thing is in our last two trips to The Emirates Arsenal were actually more defensive than us.

Wenger is a bit of a weird one, he's capable off good tactical games but in other occasions he goes and does his best Ossie Ardilles impression.

First of all 10 games doesn't equal the whole season. Second of all, I don't give a crap about whoscored. There are some stats there that tell a different story.

And I'm concluding that yes! He does go invisible in games! Today was a great example. Arsenal last season at the Emirates is another example. Old Trafford last season, invisible. Etihad last season, invisible. United @ Stamford Bridge, yes he scored the winning goal but that doesn't change the fact that I was looking for him in parts of the match!

I know you have a strong bias about Eden Hazard, and when he's not invisible he is very lethal, I want to see more of him getting involved in big games.

Remember when Ronaldo was at United? He was also "missing" for a lot of big game's.

Big games are big game's for a reason, no one can perform to their full potential for a lengthy period of time in a big game, not even Messi, the high quality on display makes it almost impossible.

Guys, because I say sometimes he goes invisible doesn't mean he's a bad player. It's not like I want Hazard sold, he's our best player. But that doesn't change the fact that I was disappointed yet again that he went invisible yesterday.

Yesterday and today has been a disaster for me. My dad over the moon saying Arsenal finally got Chelsea by the neck, my Goon friends at work...(I even lost my first bet and gave one fan 50 pounds, not going to bet again with this current squad), the London newspaper headlines...

And I said to them "it's just a friendly calm down", they'll shake it off as me being a sore loser/big baby.

I just urgh.

keep-calm-and-believe-in-jose-2.png

You have to understand this. This was the first time the gooners scored vs Chelsea since Jose arrived. Also it was the first time since 2011 that the goonies have tasted victory over Chelsea. First time in 14 meetings that le voyeur has beaten Jose. You wanna hear the best part? It doesn't even matter because the Charity Shield means squat. So what. Doesn't help during season. Ask you goonie friends how did they feel when their side won the European Cup. Look at their faces & then laugh. That will always get their gourd. If you want, you can borrow this image that I made

freshprince2015_zpsk3ofzkci.png

Petr Cech cheered by Chelsea fans, Cesc Fabregas booed by Arsenal supporters in Community Shield clash

they called us plastic fans