Chelsea 2004-05 vs Chelsea 2014-15

not many. infact to be honest, iva, cesc and hazard are the only one who would make it.

dont think Drogba would in a joint team...he was pretty poor in the first 2 seasons we bought him and wasnt exactly a fans favourite. Costa would walk into that side over him,

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you will find they lost 5 or 6 games compared to 3 with this team

No I was talking only about the premierLeague that side only lost to Man city that season. That team also only conceded 12 premier league goals and I think they achieved the highest points total.

dont think Drogba would in a joint team...he was pretty poor in the first 2 seasons we bought him and wasnt exactly a fans favourite. Costa would walk into that side over him,

Drogba was poor in his first season West Brom at home he was terrible he scored a scruffy goal but missed a hatful i really thought he was going to be a flop. His turning point in his second season was the game at Anfield when we beat Liverpool 4-1 and he destroyed Hypia.

Drogba was poor in his first season West Brom at home he was terrible he scored a scruffy goal but missed a hatful i really thought he was going to be a flop. His turning point in his second season was the game at Anfield when we beat Liverpool 4-1 and he destroyed Hypia.

also, when other players asked hime to stop his play acting that the fans were getting on his back for

And people want to add Iscos and Reuses and more Cescs into this side.

Ya all know Mou is manager, you watch his football for ages, yet you think we will suddenly change and go more offensive etc.

What we need are not flashy players but players who can do dirty work and know how to score goal.

2004-07 would overrun this Chelsea. Only player that would get into that team is Hazard. Cesc couldnt do shit against 2004 Chelsea.

But back then we had purpose. Mourinho knew tactics and bought players that suited his tactics. This time he plays Oscar, Cesc, who are only good in small games. Tries to play the hard way, but you cant do that with no steel in midfield and no efficiency in attack.

Think you will find they lost 5 or 6 games compared to 3 with this team

It was only one defeat until the trophy was secured. The other losses came in games like the one played yesterday, the trophy was secured and league race was all but over.

My favorite Chelsea side was the one that reached 08 UCL Final. Players rulling the team, no conservative tactics. I will never forget the second leg in semi-finals against Liverpool. For it was one of my favorite football moments from last decade. The way the team played in extra-time was outstanding. That team went for the victory in the extra-time. Scored a goal that was disallowed, kept the pressure, scored, and went for another one. To be honest, under the tactics from previous seasons, that match probably would have been decided on penalties.

My second favorite team was the one from 09-10 season. Its a shame that Ancelotti could never translate the domestic dominance into european success.

And people want to add Iscos and Reuses and more Cescs into this side.

Ya all know Mou is manager, you watch his football for ages, yet you think we will suddenly change and go more offensive etc.

What we need are not flashy players but players who can do dirty work and know how to score goal.

2004-07 would overrun this Chelsea. Only player that would get into that team is Hazard. Cesc couldnt do shit against 2004 Chelsea.

But back then we had purpose. Mourinho knew tactics and bought players that suited his tactics. This time he plays Oscar, Cesc, who are only good in small games. Tries to play the hard way, but you cant do that with no steel in midfield and no efficiency in attack.

Jose bought Cesc mate...

Also funny how Reus is suddenly a flashy player that doesn't work hard. Same with Isco.

Obv 04/05.

Duff Robben With Didiier upfront and Eidur as well at times was just so clinical. Lampard was the beastiest box to box and Makelele was like Mikel on steroids or whatever drugs makes you a lot better. And the defence was just rock solid. That being said, if we can keep the core of this team then we may say things differently in a couple of years, but i doubt we will reach just how clinical and ruthless that team is. And we will struggle to ever match that teams potency on defence.

My favorite Chelsea side was the one that reached 08 UCL Final. Players rulling the team, no conservative tactics. I will never forget the second leg in semi-finals against Liverpool. For it was one of my favorite football moments from last decade. The way the team played in extra-time was outstanding. That team went for the victory in the extra-time. Scored a goal that was disallowed, kept the pressure, scored, and went for another one. To be honest, under the tactics from previous seasons, that match probably would have been decided on penalties.

My second favorite team was the one from 09-10 season. Its a shame that Ancelotti could never translate the domestic dominance into european success.

There was no conservative tactics because the clueless Avram Grant was in charge. He was known at Portsmouth as the cones and bibs man cos that's all he did set them up. The rumours and i tend to agree with them were that the team was being run by the senior players Ballack,Terry and coached almost totally by Steve Clarke

Jose bought Cesc mate...

Also funny how Reus is suddenly a flashy player that doesn't work hard. Same with Isco.

Considering we already have Hazard, maybe we could add Reus or Isco but certainly not both as some pointed out (even if only wish, it would NEVER work out).

And I didnt say Reus or Isco dont work. Oscar works too, but they are not in same category as Koke, Verratti, Turan because they dont have enough sheer power to do cope against certain opponents.

A hint; Verratti is capable of dissposesing Matic, while Oscar or Cesc wont dissposes Yaya. Hard work has nothing with sheer power and we lack that in midfield yet people want to add someone like Isco there.

In key games Costa, Ivanovic, Terry, Matic, Hazard did very good job. Cant say the same for Oscar or Cesc. Or Mata in the past.

Also Mou bought Cesc and while Cesc has good vision and passing, he is average in key games and one of two reasons (other one is Oscar) why our midfield gets overrun. A key player such as Cesc shouldnt have such weaknesses because it affects whole team then.

My bold prediction is that Cesc will suffer same fate as Mata in few seasons. But I hope he proves me wrong.

Not even close. the brief 2009 run under Hiddink was great too. The team beat Juventus, Liverpool and only lost to Barca on away goals that year. Won the FA Cup beating Arsenal and Everton. Overall, lost only one game - vs Spurs. I was pretty sure Hiddink would take over after Carlo left in 2011. Was very surprised by the appointment of Villas Boas.