James Milner

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/james-milner-sign-free-liverpool-manchester-city

Milner set to join Liverpool. Everything has been agreed. Now down to just the medical.

Delighted about this. Delighted that he's leaving City and delighted too that he's not going to Arsenal. I'm a big fan of Milner's but I don't believe he'll do too much damage at Liverpool.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still abysmal at the back, shit keeper, bang average midfield with Henderson and Can, and Sturridge is a constant crock.

No chance they get top 4 next season. They'll do well to move up a place no nick Spuds to 5th.

Still abysmal at the back, shit keeper, bang average midfield with Henderson and Can, and Sturridge is a constant crock.

No chance they get top 4 next season. They'll do well to move up a place no nick Spuds to 5th.

Never mind that, Rodgers doesn't even know how to organize his team defensively.

Thats barely a good signing, it just shows Liverpool's ambitions... he came there to be a starter and now they're gonna play with him and Henderson, and they're basically the same player, for 150k its ridiculous.

They would never make top 4 again with Milner and Ings. 1 Year ago they spended all their money on PL players from Southempton, it looks like they cant see past the PL, its pathetic.

Never mind that, Rodgers doesn't even know how to organize his team defensively.

Defending is easy[emoji16]

Good signing???! Lol hardly world class. Just a bog standard overrated English player.

To be fair, no one said anything about World Class. He's a solid player and I would have liked Chelsea to sign him as a squad option.

Bit annoyed we didn't get him as a squad player as I think he'd have been a great option for us.

But I guess if he wanted to start then there's not much we could do.

As others have said though, it's good that he's going to Liverpool and not Arsenal as I feel he would have improved Arsenal a fair bit but Liverpool need to buy a defence before becoming anything that even resembles a threat.

Gutted the vermin hoovered him up.

Ok his signing press conference - likely to include "...huge club....history....dignity..."

Unlikely to include "...aiming for fourth spot in reality...self pitying....murderers....never our fault...always the victim..."

he`s a typical Scumpool signing. overpaying for another Danny Murphy. decent player for an "also ran" club but more of a workhorse than a player whose gonna elevate them beyond mediocrity.

they would have to spend about £200-300m and wisely to get back into league winning contention and then have players and coaches that can handle playing for such a fanbase with giddy delusional expectations of some devine right to be above all over clubs.

he`s a typical Scumpool signing. overpaying for another Danny Murphy. decent player for an "also ran" club but more of a workhorse than a player whose gonna elevate them beyond mediocrity.

they would have to spend about £200-300m and wisely to get back into league winning contention and then have players and coaches that can handle playing for such a fanbase with giddy delusional expectations of some devine right to be above all over clubs.

Or they could just get Suarez back [emoji16]

Doesnt know or doesn't want too? His refusal to have Carragher in the coaching staff and his comments after we derailed their title party suggests the latter.

Doesnt know or doesn't want too? His refusal to have Carragher in the coaching staff and his comments after we derailed their title party suggests the latter.

I highly doubt a coach would deliberately want to handicap his team.

I highly doubt a coach would deliberately want to handicap his team.

Not deliberately, but this day in age we have more and more attack minded purists who go on about attacking style and stubbornly stick with those "principles" even when results aren't going well.

Brendan probably arrogantly thought that his attacking philosophy was strong enough to get away with not putting a big emphasis on defence.

Not deliberately, but this day in age we have more and more attack minded purists who go on about attacking style and stubbornly stick with those "principles" even when results aren't going well.

Brendan probably arrogantly thought that his attacking philosophy was strong enough to get away with not putting a big emphasis on defence.

Fair enough, thought your initial post was suggesting that he didn't want to do it on purpose.

You could argue it's either one or both. Liverpool give chances away and make the same mistakes - individually and collectively - in every game. Never seem to learn.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You