Rapkun

5 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I could get behind him for Willian. Him alone wouldn't suffice as Hazard's replacement, though

Hes a central player anyway. I would love him but wouldn't know where he would fit with us.

Hes a central player anyway. I would love him but wouldn't know where he would fit with us.
He can play RWF as well.

I have a feeling Moses will be used in that position from time to time, for better or worse.

Just now, LAM09 said:

He can play RWF as well.

I have a feeling Moses will be used in that position from time to time, for better or worse.

Once in a season tho mate. I get fed  up of seeing players played out of position. They trained all their career doing one thing. Then asked to play somewhere different. I like tools made for specific jobs. Use a Swiss army knife and it will do the job but nowhere near as good as the right tool

Way i see it anyway. Different in some players cause they swap around.

Once in a season tho mate. I get fed  up of seeing players played out of position. They trained all their career doing one thing. Then asked to play somewhere different. I like tools made for specific jobs. Use a Swiss army knife and it will do the job but nowhere near as good as the right tool
Way i see it anyway. Different in some players cause they swap around.

I'm totally with you, but versatile players are the ones that normally thrive. Azpi or Moses probably wouldn't have played for Conte, if they had not adapted.

In all fairness, he need a good balance.

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I'm totally with you, but versatile players are the ones that normally thrive. Azpi or Moses probably wouldn't have played for Conte, if they had not adapted.

In all fairness, he need a good balance.

We basically agree. and do see Fekir as adaptable but normally in central positions as far as Ive seen anyway tho I dont follow Serie A

Just now, LAM09 said:
1 minute ago, Unionjack said:
We basically agree. and do see Fekir as adaptable but normally in central positions as far as Ive seen anyway tho I dont follow Serie A

He plays in Ligue 1

See lol Only watch Chelsea now

2 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We have been here before. No need to get our hopes high, we get sucked into a rumor and get emotionally attached then Marina finds a way to f up the deal and we miss out on the target. 

We already steal a big fish away from Man City, maybe that's why we are optimistic.

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

We already steal a big fish away from Man City, maybe that's why we are optimistic.

We were supposed to have signed Golovin and Rugani by now but I do not see them in the squad. Sorry for the lack of optimism. Marina has just failed us so much in the past so its really hard to trust her with negotiating a premium player like Fekir. We are lucky Jorginho worked with Sarri and really likes him because Im sure she would have found a way to bottle that one too.  When was the last time we made a signing without hacking over the fee?? We always overpay for bums but never want to pay up for quality with Marina. I also kinda blame her for the situation with Hazard and Courtous's contracts. How the fuck did we not get them to resign in 2017 after a title win?? Thats the easiest time to get someone to sign a contract but I bet she was holding out on money and took too long such that by the time she offered something useful we were having a disaster class season with Conte making it harder to convince them to sign the contract.

51 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We were supposed to have signed Golovin and Rugani by now but I do not see them in the squad.

Supposed to? According to who? Magazines who spread rumours? According to them we are supposed to sign Fekir, Bailey, Rugani, Caldara, Vrsaljko, Higuain, Milinkovic-Savic, Donnaruma.. It's hard to live up to these expectations.

1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

We were supposed to have signed Golovin and Rugani by now but I do not see them in the squad.

I think with Rugani we are trying to do a couple of deals together so its all hassles. Him,Higuain and now we are supposedly looking at Mattia Caldara too with a £27mill offer turned down. And now Pjanic!!! Fuckin 4 players from Juve!! Yeah right!

1 hour ago, Vybzkartel said:

When was the last time we made a signing without hacking over the fee?? We always overpay for bums but never want to pay up for quality with Marina.

I'm not crazy about the old girl. Shes a Roman yesman. All about the bottom line. Does some very strange deals tho with ove paying for wonkey donkeys yet penny pinching when it gets to players we could really use.

I see this problem comes down to she (or many of the board) know the slightest thing about football. And with no proper DOF we are fucked.

So as we know our managers are asked for their thought for players they want. They say 'I would like player X' Our board in their infinite wisdom enter a lowball offer then goto Whoscored, look at his details then go about looking for different options. But not being with footballing heads they think all players with similar profiles will do the same job.

Thats what I think anyway.

We really do need to look at our DOF needs - making sure theres a great relationship with the manager.. I would also look at our scouting system.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'd rather go for Fekir instead of Higuain.  I'm not sure that Fekir could play as an "8", but I think he could kill it in the Mertens role.

Fekir in the Mertens role is an interesting idea, but I don't think that is how Sarri wants to line up. I don't follow Napoli all that much, but I believe that playing Mertens as a striker was not Sarri's first choice. In the first 9 games of their 2016/2017 season, Milik and Gabbiadini  were preferred. It wasn't until their 10th game of the season that Mertens was selected as a centre-forward. The reason why this is important is because it indicates that Sarri would prefer a more traditional center-forward. It appears that Sarri felt that Mertens was the best option rather than being his first choice. It ended up working out, but I imagine that Sarri will want a natural centre-forward for his first 11.

Edited by Panic

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You