In what circumstances would you choose to miss a Chelsea game?

LAB

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't miss a game and if I do sometimes it's because of situations that are not under my control (work, family matters, etc). Also I haven't yet rejected anything too important for a game. It's bound to happen sooner or later though.

I always choose to watch a game when I can. I will easily reject going out with friend's for example. The last couple of seasons I even started to plan my Saturdays to be free from work.

If I have to miss the game I try to avoid spoilers because I like to watch them later. The last game I missed and some friends spoiled the score was 6-0 vs Arsenal. It was due to my internet connection.

Also I am about to miss next season in it's entirety because I'll be in the army from September to May. I'll maybe find a way to watch the matches at some point but it's very unlikely. Yeah, I know, so much fun eh? :doh: Stupid laws....

If I can't watch a match live I'll just record it (still follow it on Twitter tho) and watch it as soon as I can, which is usually just a few hours after it finished. However I RARELY miss a match. I think this season I missed the two FA cup matches that were not televised and 1 CL match.

I was in between travels for our first match this season, so I was watching it on my MacBook at an airport in New York City. Got some strange looks when I celebrated that beautiful Fabregas to Schurrle goal lol.

My current girlfriend already knows any plans we make must revolve around Chelsea's schedule. She gets annoyed sometimes but I don't even care, FEW things in life will ever come between me and Chels.

Recently moved to the west coast and rarely watch live games due to the time diff. :( Sucks but I need to be awake at work. They replay the games on tv but by then I already know the score.

Loved that about the east coast: waking up to great EPL matches

You had your chance to be offended when you was Korean. Now you're just plain old boring Beepu your report will fall on deaf ears.

Lol would only be offended if it was NK because the guys there suffer day in and day out, but lol offended Aussie.

Since leaving school in 2011, I've rotated absolutely everything around football. Not knowing the score winds me up. I've ensured that my football coaching across the country, that my jobs, etc. would all come second to Chelsea games. I can't focus at work when Chelsea are playing, so I just choose not to work on match days. I used to get my phone confiscated from my bar job from being sat behind the bar watching games on Sky Go. Then when I became the gaffer I made sure I was always working an AM shift if Chelsea were on in the afternoon/evening. I refuse to coach when Chelsea are playing. I re-arrange my teams' fixtures if they clash with Chelsea. If I have to go somewhere, I'll follow the game on my phone through Twitter and other various apps but I'll always do my best to make sure I can catch the game. I don't think I've missed a competitive Chelsea game in my entire life. EVERYTHING is dropped when Chelsea are on because that's my wind-down time when I can follow one of my biggest passions. For instance on the 3rd of March when we play Wet Spam, I'm going to watch a concert with friends. That won't stop me from checking the score on my phone every 60 seconds.

You might think that sounds sad. If you do, then fuck you.

Football is a chance for me to escape from the everyday mundaneness that is life. University deadlines and juggling three jobs is a fucking bitch for me. I look forward to being at home watching the game, or being sat in front of my PC listening to the commentary and watching a shitty stream that is lagging about five minutes behind real time. It kind of makes up for not going to the Bridge that much anymore, as I just can't afford it. What about if a loved one passes away, or something upsets me? Then football becomes even more important. It gives me 90 minutes to focus on something else.