• Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Zouma was MOTM but I voted for Willian to show some appreciation for his game today.

Oscar should be nowhere near a game against an opponent as good as Man City.

Why does the guy black out in the final third though? Willian is such an enigma for me.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the bench of Drogba & the kids adding to the fact that we were missing 2 of our most important players in Fabregas and Costa, and that the team played 120 minutes of tough cup football just a few days ago. 1-1 is more than acceptable, no complaints from me other than maybe should've hang on to the lead.

Players looked tired and toothless and City were pretty crap themselves without Toure. 8 point lead would be best of course but looking at the circumstances, 5 points is good as well.

How thin is this squad though?

- League's top scorer OUT

- League's top assist maker OUT

- 20 year old CB making only 2nd ever start against best striker in the league

- Ramires still fresh off of injury spell

- Played 120 minutes just days earlier

- Played against a side desperate for a win and contained them

And people here are bitching.

One of the reasons why he might be apprehensive to sign a contract. He also wants to shine to instead of playing as a second fullback. One of the reasons why a high end player like Reus will be apprehensive to come here.

Well you can't really blame him can you. I hear people and even him himself say how he dreams to one day get his hands on the Ballon d'or but how likely is it that he will ever achieve that here. Which makes me sad because he has so much potential.

What a stupid comment. When people look back at this season they'll see who won the title. No-one will know or care how we played to get it.

Seriously. There are times for moaning about performance and style but today's not one of those times. No Cesc, no Costa, a clearly knackered squad coming off the midweek emotional high.

[sarcasm] I'm sure everyone here would be very considerate and understanding if he had indeed played 'well' only to come away with a loss and a gap of 2 points and a highly motivated and rejuvenated opponent [/sarcasm]

What good did the 6 points against City last season do us ultimately?

I disagree with the parking the bus view.
Might have been the case if they 1-0 stayed at half time.
City always play possession football and from the last 4 matches their poorest performence was the 1-1 draw earlier this season (last year's cup tie when they beat us, does n't count really as we were concentrating in the league and Europe back then).
The reason we did not produce counter attacks in the second half was that Hazard was blocked, also the absence of Cesc-Diego. But I just think Didier had them worried a little, before the last hectic four minutes when the ball was glued on them.

Given the circumstances us being tired and missing 2 of our 3 offensive key players here, scoring at all against a well organised City defense was the best we could hope for. The Clattenburg-Courtois co-production goal we conceded was unnecessary. After that all we could aim for was a draw. Jose got it. Don't blame him for his conservative tactics here. They were sharper than us and we lacked creativity. Kudos to Zouma. I thought it was to early for him, but he appears to be the first young player to break into our defense since JT.

Mourinho does this in every big game. This is not an oddity at all.

They were not cup games, do or die. They were league games for the love of God, look at the table now, who's on top? We took the lead then they equalized in a very short time, by then we were completely outplayed and fatigues kicked in, what's so shameful to secure a draw and keep the 5pts gap?

What a stupid comment. When people look back at this season they'll see who won the title. No-one will know or care how we played to get it.

Hahaha whole world is calling us a park the bus team but no one will know how we played?Why can we be like Bayern or Real or City who played attacking football all season and won their Leagues and Champions league.Why should we be the team who are defending ON THEIR OWN STADIUM?