Olympics

My desire to watch Ivanovic live in action led me to this..

The Football events in the olmpics will be held from 6th to 23rd august.

Teams involved will be

Group A: Cote D'Ivoire (Drogba, Kalou)(A1), Argentina (A2), Australia (A3), Serbia(Ivanovic) (A4)

Group B: Netherlands (B1), Nigeria(Mikel) (B2), Japan (B3), USA (before)

Group C: China (C1), New Zealand (C2), Brazil (Alex, Belletti)(C3), Belgium (C4)

Group D: Republic of Korea (D1), Cameroon (D2), Honduras (D3), Italy (D4)

We'll be under a new Coach who'll have little time working with the players as most of them will be involved in the EURO, and add to that those not involved there would go for the Olympics missing an important part of preseason and possibly the first Matchday of the league..

The only ones available throughout would be the english players..

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically we don't know if any of these players are actually going to play in the olympics? The timing is very poor, with the players involved missing the start of the season....

nope, i listed their names just because i thought being one of the important players they'd be involved..

Sorry about that..

Really? Why? I know he had a fall out before but I thought they'd patched that up?

John Obi Mikel will not be called up to the Nigerian squad for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

The Chelsea midfielder is not under consideration as a result of his refusal to take part in qualifying fixtures.

Mikel admits that he is disappointed to miss out, but will now focus all of his attention on helping his club side to European glory.

"I have not heard from Samson Siasia, the coach, and I have heard that he has not included me in the squad. I don't agree with that." he told skysports.com.

"However my mind is set on winning the Champions League with Chelsea, it is the biggest game in the history of the club and I want to be part of that."

Despite being rejected by his country on this occasion Mikel was still keen to point out that he has no intention of making himself unavailable for selection in the future.

SOURCE: SKYSPORTS