Drogba calls Chelsea fans glory hunters !

Chelsea are still in the hunt for a new manager after sacking Avram Grant.

Roberto Mancini and Didier Deschamps alongside Frank Rijkaard have emerged as leading candidates.

Meanwhile, Ivorian Striker Didier Drogba slammed the Chelsea Supporters on Wednesday night by calling them "glory hunters."

"They were many who said they supported Chelsea because Jose (Mourinho) won us trophies but they were really glory hunters" said Drogba.

"When I won them the FA Cup last season, they treated me very well like God but after the final they have betrayed me when I needed them most, in football sometimes you do things that you regret but you need your supporters behind you" said Drogba.

"If I was at Milan, they would have backed me but not at Chelsea, only a few hundreds are loyal fans who come to the ground every week, all others are not fans" claimed Drogba.

When asked whether he was moving on he replied "whether I stay or I go, my opinion of the fans will not change but Chelsea Football has given me a lot and I respect that" revealed Drogba.

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/259...sea-Supporters-

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's true I agree to a certain extent. Drogba will be seen in the future as a Chelsea great, and I definitely am not one to slag him off for bitch slapping Vidic and getting sent off. If Lampard or Terry had done that, people would be defending them.

Drogba is used to fan loyalty at Marseille, and the Chelsea fans that cried tears for Terry because he missed the penalty seem a bit Anglo- centric - I havent heard one consolation word concerning Anelkas miss.

Drogba has also been misquoted loads of times, and has been a constant target of the media for diving, when other players who do the same are conveniently ignored.

Hes the big black bogey man for a lot of people

Don't hate him for what he did in the game, but what he has come out and said is stupid and will not do him any favours. We havn't heard a peep from him since he got his marching orders in Moscow and then he comes out and says this.

Like the way he says, "When I won them the FA Cup last season!!! I think this is the wrong thing for him to come out and say.

If it's true I agree to a certain extent. Drogba will be seen in the future as a Chelsea great, and I definitely am not one to slag him off for bitch slapping Vidic and getting sent off. If Lampard or Terry had done that, people would be defending them.

Drogba is used to fan loyalty at Marseille, and the Chelsea fans that cried tears for Terry because he missed the penalty seem a bit Anglo- centric - I havent heard one consolation word concerning Anelkas miss.

Drogba has also been misquoted loads of times, and has been a constant target of the media for diving, when other players who do the same are conveniently ignored.

Hes the big black bogey man for a lot of people

:tiphat:

Don't hate him for what he did in the game, but what he has come out and said is stupid and will not do him any favours. We havn't heard a peep from him since he got his marching orders in Moscow and then he comes out and says this.

Like the way he says, "When I won them the FA Cup last season!!! I think this is the wrong thing for him to come out and say.

:tophat:

I refuse to believe Drogba said that, sounds like some cockney red wrote it to stir shit up. There's no source for his quotes, and to suggest there's only a few hundred true Chelsea fans... well I don't think for one moment Drogba believes that. More than a few hundred in the North Stand every week roaring him on.

Never heard of www.bleachmysphincter.com anyroad.

:rolleyes:

You don't use the same sites as me then Paul :eyebrows::lol:

It is obviously bollocks, Drogs has said some daft things in the past, but I don't believe he would slag the fans like that. Either never said in the first place or taken massively out of context, I would think.

I don't think he means it like that. When you learn a new language, you are bound to be rusty and some literal translations can be slightly different. And he's right, to either extent.